[Psytrance?] Hatter - Giovanni
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
DJ Andee
Knob Twiddler
DJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MC
South Texas
MC Status: 247250
[Psytrance?] Hatter - Giovanni

Remastered

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Original: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by DJ Andee; 14-07-2017 at 07:26 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
DJ Andee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Psytrance?] Hatter - Giovanni.
Old 15-05-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
Flexagon
Regular Freak
Flexagon will become famous soon enoughFlexagon will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Re: [Psytrance?] Hatter - Giovanni

Broadly I hate where we've all ended up with so many genres and that music gets stuffed into increasingly narrow pigeon holes. BUT this really isn't Psytrance (I did notice you put a '?' in your title )

Psytrance or otherwise I'd personally like to hear the kick more and get some more low end or a real bassline going on. Not a fan of the 80's stabs at the start at all but that's just a personal thing, bad memories from the first time around or something...................

Always good to leave your comfort zone. By the way I listened to "Level 2" on your Soundcloud and really like it.
Flexagon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
tehbosh
Soundwave Mangler
tehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MC
MC Status: 14196

The chiptune elements really put it together like a platformer shooter level back in the NES/Genesis days... I wouldn't be so worried about what genre it is either. Music's music.

------------------
tehbosh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #4
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

It does kinda sound like a video game sound track. The bass is muddy and not really well defined. And i agree an actual bassline would work well here. I also notice there are no breakdowns either.

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #5
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hey nice effort man
I think that the brass you used and the shakers that goes on the whole track are super loud from everything else in the mix you should try adjusting the voulme better in you mix try to take another good track that alredy was released before and see how they sound and try to reach the same level in your mix
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #6
DJ Andee
Knob Twiddler
DJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MC
South Texas

Thanks for all the feedback. Bass is definitely one of my weak points, along with drum sequencing. It would really help if I weren't using a pair of headphones that don't have the best range. But when I can afford it, I'll be getting some studio monitors and some much better headphones.

------------------
Old 14-07-2017, 07:25 AM   #7
DJ Andee
Knob Twiddler
South Texas

I remastered Giovanni. Check it out and please let me know what you think. I left the original on Soundcloud for comparison. Thank you for listening.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 16-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #8
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 173460
Thanked 3,469 Times in 2,592 Posts

Yeah..second time round is better..much better. There's certainly an 80s feel off this track, in a good way I think. Kinda reminds me of something you'd hear on one of those T.V shows from back then, during a chase scene in the likes of Knight Rider or TJ Hooker.

If that's what you were going for, then you nailed it..if not, then sorry, but that's what this brings to my mind.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote