[deep/house/dub] Superstrobe - Aura (nanonoise remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460
[deep/house/dub] Superstrobe - Aura (nanonoise remix)

I was in need of some fresh samples and ideas so I made a remix :-). Its a deep and dubby take of the original techno track.

and the original for comparison:

tell me what you think

Advertisements

_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [deep/house/dub] Superstrobe - Aura (nanonoise remix).
Old 06-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69879019
Re: [deep/house/dub] Superstrobe - Aura (nanonoise remix)

I don't know the original (and your link to it is broken), so I don't know whose material or structure is whose, so apologies to whoever where appropriate, etc.

Very bright/crisp production, too bright for me, but that's maybe a matter of taste. I find the brightness quite fatiguing, especially given the structure... The 5 minute intro is a little bit excessive, and there's a lack of musical variation in general. The last minute is the most interesting because there are changes.

I dig the vibe but the dynamics, mix and structure are all a bit relentless. It needs a little less ritalin and little more ecstasy, imho. More trippyness, more depth, more sections, or more obvious evolution of timbres and rhythms.

Sorry if that comes across as too negative.

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #3
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460
Re: [deep/house/dub] Superstrobe - Aura (nanonoise remix)

hey man thanks. No worries I can take criticism, especially when its not gratuitous

they must have taken the original down since they will release it. But you can find it on Juno:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I was hooked in doing the remix by that mellowy synth sound, and I just went along the way the track took me. The only intention was to make a more laid back dub mix, which is also kind of energetic.

Agreed, it's quite fresh sounding and not too deep.

I guess you're also right about structure. I tend to do that too often. The original version of this was like 13 min.. I think I'm just sloppy, mostly I end up with a huge track and then in the end I have cut it down to distill a nice structure . I try to build my tracks in a way that you get into a certain flow and then adding elements to that. But that's at the cost of variation since the track structure is basically an increasing line. So I can see why it can come off as boring.. Guess the track could benefit from some more effects and automation to the elements as well. Might blow up my laptop though

Advertisements

_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote