[Electro Psyche Rock] Poisson Pané - Hall of Unknown
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
Sons of Achab
Radial Developer
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 2860
[Electro Psyche Rock] Poisson Pané - Hall of Unknown

This is a new project with a friend of mine who's a saxophonist. I play the drums and with the fx and stuff. Hope you'll like it!

Advertisements

------------------
Sons of Achab is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro Psyche Rock] Poisson Pané - Hall of Unknown.
Old 14-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42383949
Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,255 Posts
Re: [Electro Psyche Rock] Poisson Pané - Hall of Unknown

I liked this. Just odd enough to stand out from the crowd and sounds like a very fun jamming session. Cymbals seem a bit loud. Bass drum gets a bit lost when there are other things going on but that might be a style choice and not necessarily something to fix.

Some of the distortion on the bass is quite tasty in places.

Good work

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 07:04 AM   #3
Sons of Achab
Radial Developer
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

You are right about the kick and cymbals, I think I've been too far when handling bass and highs while mastering (or trying to...). These multiband compressors need a lot of practice before doing somethhing good with it...

But if it sounds like a style choice, that's great!

------------------
Old 17-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42383949
Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons of Achab View Post
Thank you!

You are right about the kick and cymbals, I think I've been too far when handling bass and highs while mastering (or trying to...). These multiband compressors need a lot of practice before doing somethhing good with it...

But if it sounds like a style choice, that's great!
In a lot of Metal tracks, a meaty bass drum seems to be often sacrificed to let the guitars have all the space. Wasn't sure if you were just doing something like that.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 07:35 PM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 173460
Thanked 3,469 Times in 2,592 Posts

I agree totally with what Ster said..this certainly stands out and I love the almost freeform feel of the sax..really nice indeed.

Good job..really enjoyed it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #6
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hey good job you done there
I loved the sax parts , with your bass maybe you should add a little bit of white noise or mid range saw with distortion to make it pop out from the mix
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 08:28 AM   #7
Sons of Achab
Radial Developer

Thanks everyone! This track will probably be part of an EP so I think I'll get back to the mix phase to re-release it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I agree totally with what Ster said..this certainly stands out and I love the almost freeform feel of the sax..really nice indeed.

Good job..really enjoyed it.
The freeform is due to the workflow we had for this track. I did a demo track that I send to my friend I told him to play whatever he wanted on it. Then I edited what he sent me and re-arrange the track (and added a lot of fx...). I think it's a good way to work when you have 650km between you and your collaborator!

Advertisements

------------------