[Electro Psyche Rock] Poisson Pané - Hall of Unknown
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 05-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
Sons of Achab
Microknight
Sons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud of
Toulouse
MC Status: 1310
[Electro Psyche Rock] Poisson Pané - Hall of Unknown

This is a new project with a friend of mine who's a saxophonist. I play the drums and with the fx and stuff. Hope you'll like it!

Advertisements

------------------
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro Psyche Rock] Poisson Pané - Hall of Unknown.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
Stercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42351849
Thanked 4,357 Times in 2,850 Posts
Re: [Electro Psyche Rock] Poisson Pané - Hall of Unknown

I liked this. Just odd enough to stand out from the crowd and sounds like a very fun jamming session. Cymbals seem a bit loud. Bass drum gets a bit lost when there are other things going on but that might be a style choice and not necessarily something to fix.

Some of the distortion on the bass is quite tasty in places.

Good work

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:04 AM   #3
Sons of Achab
Microknight
Sons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud of
Toulouse

Thank you!

You are right about the kick and cymbals, I think I've been too far when handling bass and highs while mastering (or trying to...). These multiband compressors need a lot of practice before doing somethhing good with it...

But if it sounds like a style choice, that's great!

------------------
Old 05-17-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
Stercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42351849
Thanked 4,357 Times in 2,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons of Achab View Post
Thank you!

You are right about the kick and cymbals, I think I've been too far when handling bass and highs while mastering (or trying to...). These multiband compressors need a lot of practice before doing somethhing good with it...

But if it sounds like a style choice, that's great!
In a lot of Metal tracks, a meaty bass drum seems to be often sacrificed to let the guitars have all the space. Wasn't sure if you were just doing something like that.

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155360
Thanked 3,107 Times in 2,313 Posts

I agree totally with what Ster said..this certainly stands out and I love the almost freeform feel of the sax..really nice indeed.

Good job..really enjoyed it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #6
RAMOS
Regular Freak
RAMOS is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Hey good job you done there
I loved the sax parts , with your bass maybe you should add a little bit of white noise or mid range saw with distortion to make it pop out from the mix
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
Sons of Achab
Microknight
Toulouse

Thanks everyone! This track will probably be part of an EP so I think I'll get back to the mix phase to re-release it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I agree totally with what Ster said..this certainly stands out and I love the almost freeform feel of the sax..really nice indeed.

Good job..really enjoyed it.
The freeform is due to the workflow we had for this track. I did a demo track that I send to my friend I told him to play whatever he wanted on it. Then I edited what he sent me and re-arrange the track (and added a lot of fx...). I think it's a good way to work when you have 650km between you and your collaborator!

Advertisements

------------------