[EDM] Kyrpto - Ascensient
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-05-2017, 04:36 AM   #1
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
[EDM] Kyrpto - Ascensient

Not sure if this qualify as Trance or not. Appreciate any feedback!

Edit: Mastered!

Last edited by Kyrpto; 30-05-2017 at 02:31 AM..

Advertisements

Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [EDM] Kyrpto - Ascensient.
Old 14-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388549
Thanked 5,091 Times in 3,319 Posts
Re: [EDM] Kyrpto - Ascensient

The riffs are crowded out by the sustained chords. Fairly obvious chord progressions, I think you're playing it too safe. Some of the spot FX and changeovers are very nicely done.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 02:51 AM   #3
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Fairly obvious chord progressions, I think you're playing it too safe.
Thanks for the feedback though I'm not quite sure what this means.

------------------
Old 18-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388549
Thanked 5,091 Times in 3,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Thanks for the feedback though I'm not quite sure what this means.
There are standard progressions, e.g. fifths, which are often the basis of catchy and familiar tunes. Sometimes its better to break chords into discordant variants at some point so that it sounds even better when you conclude with something that sounds 'right'.

If standard progressions are overly used it is easy to fall into a situation where the end result is a little bland and ordinary, and won't get you excited. I'll give you an example that has nothing to do with your track but illustrates what I'm talking about.

The third note is a bum note. Except its not. Its a perfect setup for the next part of the tune. Then when its repeated there's a counter melody that plays under it. The counter melody sounds even better because of the 'wrongness' thats been set up. And under it all is a fairly standard chord prgression thats been altered just a tiny bit by that wrong note, taking it from potentially bland into something slightly more tense.

Dropping in stuff like this can turn an ordinary sounding piece of music into something amazing. When I'm working on something, I spend a lot of time looking for the best wrong notes and having a lot of fun with it.

Not an approach that suits everyone and maybe what I've written above is not for you but I hope it helps

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 05:28 AM   #5
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
There are standard progressions, e.g. fifths, which are often the basis of catchy and familiar tunes. Sometimes its better to break chords into discordant variants at some point so that it sounds even better when you conclude with something that sounds 'right'.

If standard progressions are overly used it is easy to fall into a situation where the end result is a little bland and ordinary, and won't get you excited. I'll give you an example that has nothing to do with your track but illustrates what I'm talking about.

The third note is a bum note. Except its not. Its a perfect setup for the next part of the tune. Then when its repeated there's a counter melody that plays under it. The counter melody sounds even better because of the 'wrongness' thats been set up. And under it all is a fairly standard chord prgression thats been altered just a tiny bit by that wrong note, taking it from potentially bland into something slightly more tense.

Dropping in stuff like this can turn an ordinary sounding piece of music into something amazing. When I'm working on something, I spend a lot of time looking for the best wrong notes and having a lot of fun with it.

Not an approach that suits everyone and maybe what I've written above is not for you but I hope it helps
Awesome thanks! I will look more into this.

Advertisements

------------------