[Disco House] - Funk Partie - Music and Lights
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184
[Disco House] - Funk Partie - Music and Lights

Hey all.

This is another disco house track we have been working on.

It will be on our up and coming album 'Discology' which will be released soon.

Last edited by Entox; 19-05-2017 at 04:48 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Entox is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Disco House] - Funk Partie - Music and Lights.
Old 15-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
Re: [Disco House] - Funk Partie - Music and Lights

Changed this about a bit now and have cut about 40 secs off.

Still a WIP tbh...

------------------
Old 17-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183810
Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,738 Posts

OK..I'm going to apologize up front for what I'm going to say and draw your attention to the fact that the following is based mostly on my "first reactions"..and that I get that this is your baby and you can do whatever the hell you want to do with it..it's your call..OK?

Right..with that said, I'm going to jump right in and say this track needs a lot of attention if you didn't want it to sound like it currently does. There's a little too much low end going on, which works fine on other tracks, but it seems to not work so good on this one.

In short, it's giving it a muddy sound..like you mixed it in mono and forgot to turn it back to stereo when you were done..and it sounds like it's smothering everything else in the mix..you have to hang in there for nearly 2 full minutes before there's any sign of some stereophonic clarity taking hold in the mix, which isn't that good, as it gives the impression you don't know how to mix!

Now I know that's shite, as I've also listened to the track in your sig file "Expression", which kicks the living crap out of this one you've posted here..seriously.

My honest suggestion / opinion would be to go back to the start and plan this mix out again..carefully. You need to play around with the gain on each element in the mix in order to get a tighter mix that sounds clearer, which is going to entail you taking a look at that low end.

It might just be that you need to EQ everything else and give the bass it's own room in the track..or, conversely, you might need to trim the bass back a little..it all depends how the other parts of the mix act as you apply what you do.

On a more positive note, I really liked what you are trying to do with this track, though..and I'd love to hear it if you can get a clean final mix down and posted up here.

Last word: don't give up on this..you can and should make this the great track that it currently has the potential to be.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
Entox
Deep Underground
Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
OK..I'm going to apologize up front for what I'm going to say and draw your attention to the fact that the following is based mostly on my "first reactions"..and that I get that this is your baby and you can do whatever the hell you want to do with it..it's your call..OK?

Right..with that said, I'm going to jump right in and say this track needs a lot of attention if you didn't want it to sound like it currently does. There's a little too much low end going on, which works fine on other tracks, but it seems to not work so good on this one.

In short, it's giving it a muddy sound..like you mixed it in mono and forgot to turn it back to stereo when you were done..and it sounds like it's smothering everything else in the mix..you have to hang in there for nearly 2 full minutes before there's any sign of some stereophonic clarity taking hold in the mix, which isn't that good, as it gives the impression you don't know how to mix!

Now I know that's shite, as I've also listened to the track in your sig file "Expression", which kicks the living crap out of this one you've posted here..seriously.

My honest suggestion / opinion would be to go back to the start and plan this mix out again..carefully. You need to play around with the gain on each element in the mix in order to get a tighter mix that sounds clearer, which is going to entail you taking a look at that low end.

It might just be that you need to EQ everything else and give the bass it's own room in the track..or, conversely, you might need to trim the bass back a little..it all depends how the other parts of the mix act as you apply what you do.

On a more positive note, I really liked what you are trying to do with this track, though..and I'd love to hear it if you can get a clean final mix down and posted up here.

Last word: don't give up on this..you can and should make this the great track that it currently has the potential to be.
Hey A.M, no need to apologise at all as that is some very helpful and detailed feedback.

TBH this is still very much a WIP as it was only started a week and a half ago and hasn't been through any real mastering stages yet.

I have done a bit morer work on it now and my mate and fellow Funk Partie member will be around tomorrow so we shall take a look back here and try and apply some changes.

I'm glad you liked Expression, that's just me under my Entox name...

Keep an eye up for an updated version soon...

------------------
Old 18-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2960

I find your track interesting. Retro

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #6
Entox
Deep Underground
Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
I find your track interesting. Retro
Cheers man. We are going for the retro type sound so thanks for the listening...

------------------
Old 20-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #7
ATvrB
Granular Poster
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10

I dig the track. Mixing wise I think the mids and highs need more clarity. The Bass hits like at 2:27 are very loud. Also I feel it lacks stereo width and space (reverb)

Very cool track
ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #8
Entox
Deep Underground
Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATvrB View Post
I dig the track. Mixing wise I think the mids and highs need more clarity. The Bass hits like at 2:27 are very loud. Also I feel it lacks stereo width and space (reverb)

Very cool track
Thanks man.

I will hopefully have an update on this track by the end if the month.

------------------
Old 22-05-2017, 04:43 PM   #9
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123

it is ok, i think it needs another section, something with a beat the vocals repeat too many times..

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #10
Entox
Deep Underground
Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
it is ok, i think it needs another section, something with a beat the vocals repeat too many times..
Hey man. I totally agree about the vocal.

We are in the process of changing this so update coming soon.l

Advertisements

------------------