[Dubstep] Chaotix - Engage!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-05-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752850
[Dubstep] Chaotix - Engage!

Weird little byproduct of a daw practice day.

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dubstep] Chaotix - Engage!.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:49 AM   #2
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460
Re: [Dubstep] Chaotix - Engage!

I really like the breakbeatish hihat rhythm and the mixing is phenomenal. Eager to hear what the full track would sound like if you plan on finishing it. Also digging the industrial intro.
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:41 AM   #3
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Yeah i think I am going to finish this one, definitely won't be for everybody, but I kind of like it just knowing the work i put into automating everything haha.

------------------
Old 10-05-2017, 05:24 AM   #4
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260

KNarly . finish this one for sure everybody loves some heavy bass n drums know and then

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:14 AM   #5
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
KNarly . finish this one for sure everybody loves some heavy bass n drums know and then
Yeah it's just fun to make because it's not overly complicated in the melody department, it's more about just having tons of automation going off everywhere, which i kind of find fun to just mess about with.

------------------
Old 28-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Sounds good the mix is awsome
Maybe you can add some samples that will give extra originality to the track like some cool vocals from movies,shows or other cool sound effects
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #7
l3ug
Analog Lurker
l3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of light
Livorno
MC Status: 460

oh that's pretty good
l3ug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #8
DRR
Minor Glitch
DRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to behold
Derbyshire
MC Status: 660

Love the section at 1.25 where the track is sort of deciding which way to go. I thought it was either heading for sci-fi film soundtrack, or industrial, but dub was the right direction. Def worth finishing.
With the amount of automation that you claim, maybe the track did decide for itself :-)
DRR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Engage!
Old 29-05-2017, 10:23 PM   #9
DRR
Minor Glitch
DRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to beholdDRR is a splendid one to behold
Derbyshire
MC Status: 660

PS Are the vocals on your other tracks sampled or do you have a vocalist?

Last edited by DRR; 29-05-2017 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Clarity of question
DRR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 02:25 AM   #10
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR View Post
PS Are the vocals on your other tracks sampled or do you have a vocalist?
I've only worked with one vocalist and its a track that isn't out yet. So everything you hear is all just sampled i've found on the internet haha.

------------------
Old 30-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #11
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts

That's a pretty cool track..well, to my ears anyway. I'm no way an expert on all things Dub, so I can't really offer you any solid feedback on structure or technique..but I really enjoyed it.

You might want to take a look at the current IDMf Beat Battle, which is "[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
"..I think you'd have fun.

Thanks for sharing..nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #12
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2910

This is great. Dangerous. You really need to be special kind of character to make this sounds I would go crazy. But I love to hear great dubstep track. Nice job.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:33 AM   #13
TheHammockCrew
Learning The Ropes
TheHammockCrew is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Damn Chaotix, constantly pumping out good tracks. I really dig the intro to this and your mixing sounds great!

Advertisements

TheHammockCrew is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote