Annoyance...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 05-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 42460
Annoyance...

Annoyance of the day: when your long awaited hardware shows up right about when your cab arrives to take you on a trip to the airport. I was tempted to take it with me, but wifey gave me the stink eye. So, now it's reading the menue and drooling in anticipation.

Since you might wonder (or not)... we are talking about an MPC live.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Airport PA announcements
Old 05-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8508130
Thanked 6,344 Times in 4,551 Posts
Re: Annoyance...

That happened to me with my A4 lol. Bummer.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #3
Artificer
Master of the LFO
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 21510

It'll make the flight home that much better. Anticipation and something to look forward to.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:06 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Ghostly
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 20010

RTFM beforehand is sometimes better anyway, IMO

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
RTFM beforehand is sometimes better anyway, IMO
True that. Plus side... gorging on all those German dishes I've been missing for a while. And, brushing up on my iPad music making apps. Waldorf Attack is a killer drum synth that also takes samples. Also great Bram Bos Troublemaker, which is a great and easy to use 303 clone that's fully Audiobus 3 compatible.

------------------

Old 05-11-2017, 04:15 AM   #6
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 17060

man let us know how it is when you play it! I really am stuck between that and a digitakt for live performance.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #7
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Ok. Came back from my trip the other day and had some quality time this morning with the baby.

First impressions:

Smooth GUI with intuitive data structure and organization of functions

Sample editing and slicing is as visual as Maschine, but rather more tactile due to the touch screen

Supple pads with smooth velo response

Lots of on board FX, can't say much, yet but filter sounds good

You can layer four samples, but if I'm not missing something, only one LFO and only assignable to pan, pitch, amp, and filter freq, no utility envelope, just filter and Amp (TFM reads thusly). If that's correct, that's a big miss. I hope I'll see some LFO and Envelopes for the FX section.

The thing sounds crisp and clear. Especially compared to the Octatrack. Sometimes I think the Elektron gear sounds like there is some cotton gauze in my speakers.

2 GB of RAM, 32 GB SDHC, and if the tech gods smile upon me a 960 GB internal SATA III SSD (being formatted right now - you need to do that on your computer, the MPC won't format a drive. I mean, c'mon, for real?).

I'll post up more as I run it through its paces. Very shallow learning curve, which to me is always the sign of a well designed OS.

The key thing for me is going to be its MIDI functionality. I want to run my rig using it as a MIDI sequencer - with some added functionality.

Extra credit: subtle use of color on the pads. While fun, I can see why some like to put black tape over the Maschine pads, especially while performing.

------------------

Thanks to liquid_air
jbvdb493 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
That happened to me with my A4 lol. Bummer.
Same! Have it in my basement for 6 months now, only touched it long enough to confirm it seems to work!

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #9
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
True that. Plus side... gorging on all those German dishes I've been missing for a while. And, brushing up on my iPad music making apps. Waldorf Attack is a killer drum synth that also takes samples. Also great Bram Bos Troublemaker, which is a great and easy to use 303 clone that's fully Audiobus 3 compatible.
Sounds like lots of material to sample into the mpc.

If you were to guess, how easy would it be to go from an older mpc to this new one?
Cheers.

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #10
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Sounds like lots of material to sample into the mpc.

If you were to guess, how easy would it be to go from an older mpc to this new one?
Cheers.
It's my first MPC ever, so... really no idea. But, it is really really intuitive. It's one where I could just put the manual aside once I understood the basic concepts and the menu structure. It's really easy. In many ways a lot like Maschine, but of course with standalone capability and a built in battery that does indeed last for hours on end. The 5-6h run time is no exaggeration.

And, yeah, the iPad... I was really in dire need of new sound sources

------------------

Thanks to liquid_air
jbvdb493 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 03:58 AM   #11
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
man let us know how it is when you play it! I really am stuck between that and a digitakt for live performance.
Tried the loop sampling mode and it is sooo rad. Set the bars, record, and it auto-plays.

Advertisements

------------------