[Electronic] TheStumps - Stars Wars Main Theme - Jaysons Variation
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
TheStumps
Radial Developer
TheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond repute
Alaska
MC Status: 2910
[Electronic] TheStumps - Stars Wars Main Theme - Jaysons Variation

Firstly...sorry that I've been so damn absent these past months.
Life has been taxing recently due to various family deaths.

I'm hoping to get my mojo (emotional umph) back and get back into the swing of being fired up to make more music.

For now...this:

There have been scores of "dance" song renditions of the Star Wars theme.
It's May 4th, so, here's mine.

I've heard lots of Star Wars renditions, but to me, they tend to drift wildly off from the vibe of the original score phrase, and when they're not directly playing the part that has the score phrase in it the song radically goes off point in mode and/or mood. Either that or they only hammer the theme on repeat in various manners.

When I do "covers" or variations, I tend to like to take a phrase and use that as the highlight, but around it move in the same scale and capture the same mood, but only imply the sound of the theme.
You can hear that in the "verse" sections preceding the main theme in this - it sounds like it's almost Star Wars, but it's just slightly not, yet somewhat like disharmony does for the root, it somewhat gears up or "asks" for that theme to come about.
(I did a similar thing when I used an online "game" called punk-o-matic to cover Beethoven as a "Metal" song.)

Anyway...mumble mumble...DANGER ZONE!
Here it is.
(Oh, and I'm Jayson)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

p.s. OK, no clue why the in-thread soundcloudplayer is rendering out blank. I've checked everything and it's correct. Just click the link above I suppose.

Last edited by A.M; 05-05-2017 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

------------------

TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] TheStumps - Stars Wars Main Theme - Jaysons Variation.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:00 AM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 102200
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,330 Posts
Re: [Electronic] - Stars Wars Main Theme - Jaysons Variation - TheStumps

Embedded version works for me - Happy May 4th to you as well
Liked your write-up that went along with the thought behind what you were doing here.

------------------

Submissions end August 31st!
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #3
TheStumps
Radial Developer
TheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond repute
Alaska
MC Status: 2910
Re: [Electronic] TheStumps - Stars Wars Main Theme - Jaysons Variation

I think it's just the one connection I was on that doesn't show right...it shows correctly when connected via other networks. *shrug*

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers!

Advertisements

------------------

TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote