[Electronic/African Drumming] Korso - Ode to The Beast
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-05-2017, 05:20 PM   #1
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647
[Electronic/African Drumming] Korso - Ode to The Beast

My music laptop died a few weeks back, couldn't be saved, and there were issues with the orders I place + setting everything up took some time... so basically went more than a month without music.

In the honor of the old music rig, made a track that incorporates some old Mizuchi vibes, all the while keeping true to the new Korso project. Enjoy

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic/African Drumming] Korso - Ode to The Beast.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
Re: [Electronic/African Drumming] Korso - Ode to The Beast

Builds really nicely, love the use of acoustic African drums really adds a lot of power and interest. I would maybe duck the bass out every now and then or add some movement some other way, I found it a little tiring after a while. Love the vocal processing to make the voice sound like a wind instrument as the vocal part comes in. I love that towards the end right when you're expecting more of the same the drum patterns start to change up and we get some new elements coming in, I'd maybe ride that a little further and try to really change it up as the length of the track brings the potential for it to get samey.

Enjoyed the track though, as a percussionist it was great to hear something a bit different driving the track rhythmically, great job!
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Korso - Ode to The Beast
Old 09-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failsafe View Post
Builds really nicely, love the use of acoustic African drums really adds a lot of power and interest. I would maybe duck the bass out every now and then or add some movement some other way, I found it a little tiring after a while. Love the vocal processing to make the voice sound like a wind instrument as the vocal part comes in. I love that towards the end right when you're expecting more of the same the drum patterns start to change up and we get some new elements coming in, I'd maybe ride that a little further and try to really change it up as the length of the track brings the potential for it to get samey.

Enjoyed the track though, as a percussionist it was great to hear something a bit different driving the track rhythmically, great job!
I see what you mean. Thanks

I'll be bringing some changes to it and including a re-mastered version once I get going on my album this summer

------------------
Old 13-05-2017, 04:13 AM   #4
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Great! I look forward to hearing it!
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
DRR
Minor Glitch
DRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to all
Derbyshire
MC Status: 610

It must be a great track - I've just listened to it 3 times:-). That is seriously brilliant drumming - is it entirely programmed, or did you use drum pads to capture it? I'm very impressed in any case.
That probably sums up my appreciation though - I'm not sure that the piano chords and occasional snatches of melody do the drums justice. Nothing wrong with them, but I think that the song would support an additional melody line or counter-melody at a few points.
I noticed too that the drums filter themselves away at several stage before returning. I think they do need to go away and come back, but I think the current processing could be improved further.
Not criticisms! Just comments.
My next project is to see if I can create some percussion just as good.
DRR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #6
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Beertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR View Post
It must be a great track - I've just listened to it 3 times:-). That is seriously brilliant drumming - is it entirely programmed, or did you use drum pads to capture it? I'm very impressed in any case.
That probably sums up my appreciation though - I'm not sure that the piano chords and occasional snatches of melody do the drums justice. Nothing wrong with them, but I think that the song would support an additional melody line or counter-melody at a few points.
I noticed too that the drums filter themselves away at several stage before returning. I think they do need to go away and come back, but I think the current processing could be improved further.
Not criticisms! Just comments.
My next project is to see if I can create some percussion just as good.
Yeah, I agree with what most of what you said For the pianos and stuff I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, but I get what you mean The filtering with the drums comes from me not knowing what to do with them If you have any suggestions go ahead. It's one of the few tracks I've made I'm willing to continue working on. There's something about it that makes it special to me. Like vibes with me on an emotional level but I feel like it can be pushed further. So yeah, any advice is welcome

As for the percussion, well, that's sort of the center of my creation process for most of my tracks. I usually just beatbox all the time and if I like an idea I record it on my phone, come home and record multiple instances of it on a microphone. So this time I got the core rhythm down and played it on my cajun and sung over it for the melodic ideas and then I get going (was the first time I did so, but was kind of effective). I recorded myself getting wasted and playing/singing some random shit and took all the ideas I liked from the jam Hope that helps you for your project

------------------
Old 18-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #7
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Very nice !
I liked the samples you used especially the drums.
The piano and the plucks also great good job
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
DRR
Minor Glitch
DRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to all
Derbyshire
MC Status: 610

So are the drums actually recorded drums, or did you use the cajun to work out the drums and then program it?
DRR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Beertown

The drums are 100% Kontakt library, I used the cajun for inspiration and recorded it to get the BPM/rhythm right before I got going, but then it's all just programmed in.

Advertisements

------------------