[Cinematic Industrial thing] Automageddon - Opening for an album that doesn't exist
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 05-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269445208
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,660 Posts
[Cinematic Industrial thing] Automageddon - Opening for an album that doesn't exist

I realised I haven't shared a track in ages and as I'm trying a few new techniques on this track, I though I'd post it.
It's meant to be an opening track, to set the tone for an album that doesn't yet exist.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Automageddon; 05-02-2017 at 10:21 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Cinematic Industrial thing] Automageddon - Opening for an album that doesn't exist.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42357849
Thanked 4,477 Times in 2,935 Posts
Re: [Cinematic Industrial thing] Automageddon - Opening ofr an album that doesn't exi

Love the sound design and feel, would indeed be a great intro to something epic

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
Yanomami
Regular Freak
Yanomami has a spectacular aura aboutYanomami has a spectacular aura about
Hamburg
MC Status: 160
Re: [Cinematic Industrial thing] Automageddon - Opening for an album that doesn't exi

yeah, cool intro!!
Yanomami is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #4
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
road to nowhere
MC Status: 329117000
Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,063 Posts
Re: [Cinematic Industrial thing] Automageddon - Opening for an album that doesn't exi

great opening........now i know mine sucks......as always auto rules!
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #5
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Great intro! You know how to build the tension. Hope you succeed with your project.
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #6
Techmonkey
Microknight
Techmonkey is a splendid one to beholdTechmonkey is a splendid one to beholdTechmonkey is a splendid one to beholdTechmonkey is a splendid one to beholdTechmonkey is a splendid one to beholdTechmonkey is a splendid one to beholdTechmonkey is a splendid one to beholdTechmonkey is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 910

Got some great post-apocalyptic mental images while listening to this. The vibe really hits it's mark.
Techmonkey is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:34 AM   #7
cinematicensemb
Learning The Ropes
cinematicensemb is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Killer sound man, love the impact hits. Vibe is on point, some Haxan Cloak type sound.
cinematicensemb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:41 AM   #8
Artificer
Master of the LFO
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 23710

Total ambient erection out the gate. The washy synths sliding in and out are really soothing.

You totally lost me at 1:30 when the percussion came in. That dry kick drum that occasionally added color in the first section just clashes poorly with everything else. Drop about 500ms of reverb and an overdrive on it and bury it under the wash and it'd probably work for me. As is it just takes away from everything else going on. That goofy clap is similar - just sounds out of place, like two different tracks playing simultaneously.

I think there's some really solid sound design and interesting seeds but I'd really revisit your percussion. For me, it's tanking an otherwise very cool track.

Advertisements

Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote