[Braindance,Acid,IDM] Vibe Origin - Dark Pleasure
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
Vibe Origin
Minor Glitch
Vibe Origin will become famous soon enoughVibe Origin will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
[Braindance,Acid,IDM] Vibe Origin - Dark Pleasure

Last edited by Vibe Origin; 04-29-2017 at 12:56 PM..

Advertisements

Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Braindance,Acid,IDM] Vibe Origin - Dark Pleasure.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:44 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 159160
Thanked 3,183 Times in 2,379 Posts
Re: [Braindance,Acid,IDM] Vibe Origin - Dark Pleasure

This is a cool enough track..but the discordant keys didn't work for me and it seemed to develop a bit of a repetitive feel after 3 minutes or so. You might want to rethink this and jazz things up a little, by adding in some sort of counter melody or other elements that draws the listener in and keeps their attention right to the end.

Basically, take a look at how you've structured this track, as you might be able to change things enough just by playing around with the spacing of mix in general.

In short, nice track..displaying so really solid mixing skills, it just needs a little more work to life it up to the next level. All of which is MY own opinion thoughts, so please feel free to take any/all or none of it on board.

Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
Vibe Origin
Minor Glitch
Vibe Origin will become famous soon enoughVibe Origin will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your extended review. I wanted to keep it simple and a bit repetitive, though it isn't absolutely repetitive in my opinion. There are some parts that constantly change when comes to arrangement. I actually like the idea of repeating a certain loop of melody which I am decided on. I give it some variation or suspense from time to time to break the pace a little bit.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 159160
Thanked 3,183 Times in 2,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibe Origin View Post
Thanks for your extended review. I wanted to keep it simple and a bit repetitive, though it isn't absolutely repetitive in my opinion. There are some parts that constantly change when comes to arrangement. I actually like the idea of repeating a certain loop of melody which I am decided on. I give it some variation or suspense from time to time to break the pace a little bit.

Cool..well if you're happy with it, then that's all that matter.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:30 PM   #5
Vibe Origin
Minor Glitch

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #6
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Cute little track you got there. I do agree that it started to feel a touch repetitive around the three minute mark. My favorite part was the empty bit in the intro... You could maybe play with that if you wanted to do something to the overall arrangement, and do something really whacky with the automation, like have it detune even more and explode outwards into the stereo. (These are just ideas, do what you want )

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:37 PM   #7
Vibe Origin
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Cute little track you got there. I do agree that it started to feel a touch repetitive around the three minute mark. My favorite part was the empty bit in the intro... You could maybe play with that if you wanted to do something to the overall arrangement, and do something really whacky with the automation, like have it detune even more and explode outwards into the stereo. (These are just ideas, do what you want )
Thanks!
Old 05-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #8
Failsafe
Minor Glitch
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760

Nice track, I like the clean straightforward mix, lovely melodies which is what acid is all about, right?! Around the 1:20 mark the bass starts doing something different but it gets lost in the mix a little bit for me, I also would quite like if you dropped a few instruments out every now and then, I don't have a problem with the length personally but I think to keep it this length you might want to mess around with the arrangement a little bit.

Enjoyed the track , nice work!
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Vibe Origin - Dark Pleasure Tags
Old 05-08-2017, 12:32 AM   #9
Midnights Exile
Learning The Ropes
Midnights Exile is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Level of detuning is a bit much. Sounds palettes are fine, though the percussion palettes are a bit weak. Waiting for this to go somewhere melodically. Progression is there but a bit thin. Too repetitive. This really needs some heavier melodic progression to support that heavy detuning. Was hard to make it to the end unfortunately. Listening on Yamaha HS8s and the Mix sounds fine.
Midnights Exile is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:48 PM   #10
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237606

Same here as for the other track for me... Too steady, uniform and random tootling. And a generic preset beat pattern.
You can accomplish more!

------------------
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #11
ATvrB
Minor Glitch
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10

Hey,

I feel that the mix is quite busy at some points (example: 1:24 it is not so easy to hear all the elements, some of the drums specially the cymbals and claps. I would try to give some space to the claps and cymbals by EQ the synths, maybe a bit of side chaining too) and the synths are a bit too loud (of course it is personal)

The track is really nice, some more presence and punch on the drums would make it top

Advertisements

ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote