Wikipedia Founder Launches New Site
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-25-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155710
Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,319 Posts
Wikipedia Founder Launches New Site

The founder of Wikipedia has launched a new site called "Wikitribune", to bring journalists and volunteers together, with a view to fighting "fake news" and to offer a source of news that the general public can depend on, in order to keep informed about what is going on in the world around us

Don't know if it will be as good as they hope it will be, but I'm guessing it will certainly take off regardless.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
deadmau7 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8508130
Thanked 6,344 Times in 4,551 Posts
Re: Wikipedia Founder Launches New Site

I'm really glad to see this happening. Wikipedia is really proof of a way forward with digital media that isn't controlled by the same old gate keepers. Very cool.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #3
Vault O)))
Ghostly
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 20010

Fuck books, and now - fuck news. Jimmy Wales can have all of my $ now

I landed on an error page there but I'm sure they'll get that squared away

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (04-26-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155710
Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,319 Posts

Yeah..there's not really all that much to see there at the mo..but if that green/blue bar across the top of the page is anything to go by, then they're about 1/5 of the way there raising funds to get this off the ground..with the best part of a month to still to go.

The "supports" number has grown by nearly 1000 since I made my first post about it here..not that that's got anything to with it..just saying.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1823877

Great, be interesting to see how it unfolds and develops. Usually a lot of media is biased towards a particular political party or agenda.
Anyway, in my view, anything that hammers Murdoch is fantastic news in my book!

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote