[Trip-hop] Chaotix - My Treasure
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752850
[Trip-hop] Chaotix - My Treasure

I think this would be classified as Trip-hop, maybe Downtempo? I dunno, help me decide what genre you'd classify this as. For once I actually kind of dig one of my productions. Two things though. The drums, are they too loud? And the bass, is it too low?

Thanks for listening

Last edited by Chaotix; 17-05-2017 at 08:39 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Chaotix
A.M (17-05-2017)
Rate this track - [Trip-hop] Chaotix - My Treasure.
Old 20-04-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 169360
Thanked 3,387 Times in 2,525 Posts
Re: [Trip-hop] Chaotix - My Treasure

Drums maybe a little too loud, but it's really a matter of taste, I think..same goes for the bass..nothing really jumped out at me as being chronically wrong with the track, other than it being too fecking short..length, dude..length..it's important..or so they say.

As for which genre..ya got me there..I haven't a clue, tbh..don't really listen to much of this style usually. How about TripDownHopTempo?

Seriously, I'm leaning towards TripHop, as it sounds a bit "too up" for a downtempo track to my ears..but I could be wrong. Regardless, I'm sure somebody more enlightened will let you know in due course.

All in all, I really liked this as it is..it's just a bit short is all. Nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 12:03 AM   #3
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Yeah I still can't decide on the drums haha, maybe I'll lower them by like a db.

Yeah length is my biggest fault.. always.. I can never advance tracks and keep them interesting for more than 2 minutes. I'm going to keep trying to advance this one though as I kind of like it.

I've had two people say they didn't think the vocals worked though; I like them. Thoughts on that?

------------------
Old 22-04-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
Yeah I still can't decide on the drums haha, maybe I'll lower them by like a db.

Yeah length is my biggest fault.. always.. I can never advance tracks and keep them interesting for more than 2 minutes. I'm going to keep trying to advance this one though as I kind of like it.

I've had two people say they didn't think the vocals worked though; I like them. Thoughts on that?

Again, this isn't my usual listening pleasure, so keep that in mind..but regarding the vocals..they seemed to work to me just fine..didn't hear anything there that struck me as a possible issue.

Seems everyone is a critic..and that's good for us as producers of music, as it keeps us aware of how our work is coming across to others..but it's also worth keeping in mind that there has to be a cutoff point, where you pull back and say "thanks, but no thanks..this is how I want it to be" So people will tell you something is wrong, when in reality it's just their own personal taste at work.

Lss..I think it's just fine..the vocals work fine..just focus on trying to make tracks that are a little longer is all.

------------------
Old 22-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #5
20luggi07
Regular Freak
20luggi07 will become famous soon enough
Innsbruck
MC Status: 60

Nice track, good vibes!

The sound on 0:28 is interesting and it fits really well with the pitch bend! I like the fact that you are mixing the drums together with acoustic ones at 0:50. I would even say that the rhodes on 1:29 can be a little bit louder.
And as other comments said: the length.... but yeah.

Keep it up!
20luggi07 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 10:35 PM   #6
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237756

Easygoing - could work fine as an interlude
The style is more downbeat than trip-hop, I'd say, as trip-hop is more gloomy usually.

Here's my remix using those vocals, by the way
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(Got a nice appreciative message from DJ Shadow for it )

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 01:15 AM   #7
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen View Post
Easygoing - could work fine as an interlude
The style is more downbeat than trip-hop, I'd say, as trip-hop is more gloomy usually.

Here's my remix using those vocals, by the way
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(Got a nice appreciative message from DJ Shadow for it )
Yeah I think you're right about the genre man, I think I'll go with that.
And nice remix dude, I really dig it. It's a cool take on it for sure

------------------
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #8
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

I do feel like the drums are a touch too loud, and I wish the bass were slightly more present. Could be my headphones though... I love those juicy, soulful vocals. Nice track

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #9
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Cool man, I lowered the drums a bit and i think it sounds better

------------------
Old 17-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #10
DRR
Minor Glitch
DRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to all
Derbyshire
MC Status: 610

Beautiful song and beautiful production. I love the dripping water at the start. I only listened to the latest version, but the drum and bass levels sound perfect to me.
One thing that surprised me was that the intro contains an irish pipe type melody which works well to set the listener's expectations, but on first listening that was the last I heard of it. On a second listening I think it came in again at approx 1:48, but very quietly and in the bass register?
Only a suggestion, but I think that a subtle re-appearance of the pipes at about that point (and a bass counter-melody that I think you had worked well but could be brought out more) sort of squares the circle and links the whole back to the intro.
Just one question: I assume the vocals were recorded for the song, and weren't simply a sample?
Anyway, great track.
Cheers, DRR
DRR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Let it Drip
Old 17-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #11
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR View Post
Beautiful song and beautiful production. I love the dripping water at the start. I only listened to the latest version, but the drum and bass levels sound perfect to me.
One thing that surprised me was that the intro contains an irish pipe type melody which works well to set the listener's expectations, but on first listening that was the last I heard of it. On a second listening I think it came in again at approx 1:48, but very quietly and in the bass register?
Only a suggestion, but I think that a subtle re-appearance of the pipes at about that point (and a bass counter-melody that I think you had worked well but could be brought out more) sort of squares the circle and links the whole back to the intro.
Just one question: I assume the vocals were recorded for the song, and weren't simply a sample?
Anyway, great track.
Cheers, DRR
Just sent you a PM.

------------------
Old 17-05-2017, 08:40 PM   #12
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Just sent you a PM.
Thanks for the heads up man, been sorted

------------------
Old 17-05-2017, 09:51 PM   #13
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
Thanks for the heads up man, been sorted
No worries, man..now, hopefully DRR will come back and review the right track.

------------------
Old 17-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #14
DRR
Minor Glitch
DRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to allDRR is a name known to all
Derbyshire
MC Status: 610

Sorry! do I feel stupid :-)
Will lsten to the proper track
DRR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #15
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR View Post
Sorry! do I feel stupid :-)
Will lsten to the proper track
That's mighty fine of you, sir..and please disregard my last PM to you, seeing as how you found your way back here already.

------------------
Old 17-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #16
TheHammockCrew
Learning The Ropes
TheHammockCrew is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hey man, listened to the track several times over some studio monitors and I really dig it, I feel like the length is fine - depending on what context you'd use it in (an album interlude etc.). Drums may be a bit too loud at some points, but I feel like the volume levels can fluctuate during certain parts of the track to bring more intensity. Bass line fit well into the mix.
Keep doing your style man, I enjoy what I listened to.
TheHammockCrew is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 02:44 AM   #17
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammockCrew View Post
Hey man, listened to the track several times over some studio monitors and I really dig it, I feel like the length is fine - depending on what context you'd use it in (an album interlude etc.). Drums may be a bit too loud at some points, but I feel like the volume levels can fluctuate during certain parts of the track to bring more intensity. Bass line fit well into the mix.
Keep doing your style man, I enjoy what I listened to.
Thanks dude, appreciate the in depth response

------------------
Old 19-05-2017, 07:31 PM   #18
GuyWithSausageF
Digital Surfer
GuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Wow, great tune. Love the vibe, and those guitar chords in the background are amazingly handled.

Good work, it all comes together.
GuyWithSausageF is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 11:34 PM   #19
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithSausageF View Post
Wow, great tune. Love the vibe, and those guitar chords in the background are amazingly handled.

Good work, it all comes together.
Thanks dude!

Advertisements

------------------