What is this?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 20-04-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts
What is this?

I've been trying to visit a member's SC page now for a while and I keep getting this message on a white screen after what appears to be a time-out..

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront wasn't able to connect to the origin. Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: KTivNvUBWLlbSkOtj9r4ievU1EiOAVt2Cf3eY_4UcaiEW4mZLG YRVg==

I've never seen this before..and SC was loading and working just fine for me today..but just before this happened, the SC page I was trying to visit partially loaded and I got a a message from SC onscreen telling me I have not connection to the internet..but I did and obviously still do.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 12:38 AM   #2
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 33160
Re: What is this?

Soundcloud is hosted on AWS S3 (Amazon Web Services and storage) which has been having intermittance and outage issues across the board for the last few days. Cloudfront is the AWS content delivery network (streaming) which has apparently been affected along with the rest of their stuff.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 12:44 AM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
Soundcloud is hosted on AWS S3 (Amazon Web Services and storage) which has been having intermittance and outage issues across the board for the last few days. Cloudfront is the AWS content delivery network (streaming) which has apparently been affected along with the rest of their stuff.
Thanks..appreciate that..really do.

Any idea what caused this kind of thing?

------------------
Old 20-04-2017, 01:02 AM   #4
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 33160

When it happened back in Feb it was 'user error'. Someone who worked at Amazon accidentally took the whole thing offline. They mistyped a command to take a server offline and took like half of their datacenter down which then necessitated a full restart (which is pretty hairy and time consuming).

No idea about what it's been for the last week or so. Could be DDoS or internal upgrades or spotty bit of code or elves in the intertubes. I haven't seen anything official.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Artificer
A.M (20-04-2017)
Old 20-04-2017, 01:24 AM   #5
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
When it happened back in Feb it was 'user error'. Someone who worked at Amazon accidentally took the whole thing offline. They mistyped a command to take a server offline and took like half of their datacenter down which then necessitated a full restart (which is pretty hairy and time consuming).

No idea about what it's been for the last week or so. Could be DDoS or internal upgrades or spotty bit of code or elves in the intertubes. I haven't seen anything official.

Cheers for that. DDoS crossed my mind at first, but then I thought not, as I'd never seen this kind of message before..and you usually get the same kind of message when the same kind of issue arises, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, hopefully they'll get it sorted out sooner rather than later.

------------------
Old 20-04-2017, 02:25 AM   #6
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024319

seems to me like cloudfront is probably struggling to connect to the origin, which will result in the request not being satisfied

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
A.M (20-04-2017)
Old 20-04-2017, 02:31 AM   #7
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
seems to me like cloudfront is probably struggling to connect to the origin, which will result in the request not being satisfied
Shit..why didn't I think of that? It so obvious now you've pointed it out..thanks, man. Here..let me point this out fo ya in return..

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Parricide (20-04-2017)