BB54 Space is the Place
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 3860
BB54 Space is the Place

SPACE IS THE PLACE!

The Rules:
1. Far out Man!: This is a spaced out contest so go big and bring out your reverbs and echoes in full force!

2. Space is ever changing!: Your track must include 2 sounds that evolve throughout the piece. Not back and forth, but in one direction so it is different at the end than at the beginning but clearly the same part of the track. (i.e. the bassline or an evolving hook or changing snare drum)

3. Signals from a Forbidden Planet!: Altair4 is a freaking awesome freeware sci-fi sound synth, definitely developed by a guy who lives in space. You MAY use it in some way in your track. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Addendum:
3.1New Transmission!: For those that are unable to attune themselves to the sounds transferring from Altair-4 (Mac users, or those that just wish to choose a different path), there has been a new transmission received from the ANS Sector. You MAY freely choose to go forth and explore the sonic options available to you here instead, and report back in song form: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday (14.04.2017).

Submissions close Tuesday 11 days later (25.04.2017) 23:59 and voting opens at 00:00 (immediately after).

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day, Thursday (27.04.2017).

The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (28.04.2017 ) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

Late Submissions are void to receiving a vote.

ANYONE CAN VOTE REGARDLESS OF SUBMITTING ETC.

Last edited by Creepr; 04-15-2017 at 09:21 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
7asid
Soundwave Mangler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 4260
Re: BB54 Space is the Place

It does't look like this synth is available for Mac

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to 7asid
Creepr (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #3
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany

Well crap....ok, I did not think of that, my bad. I will figure something out by tomorrow. Either a second mac option or something.....

------------------
Old 04-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155710
Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,319 Posts

So, you can use only the samples you've linked to..and the synth you mentioned..correct? And two of those sounds must be evolving from start to finish?

Just want to be clear..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #5
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Germany

Yeah, that was the idea. I mean, some fikter action, increased distortion, getting jiggy with some granular...all that would be ways of evolving the sound. That is what I had in mind. Pads, phrases, bleeps, whatever floats your boat.

------------------
Thanks to Creepr
A.M (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 11:28 PM   #6
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Germany

Regarding my noob move of requiring a vst that no mac user can use....I found something to take its place. I want to avoid a double doh and check it myself first, so I will post it tomorrow...well today actually, it is 1am where I am....anyway, check back in 12 hrs for an update.

------------------
Old 04-15-2017, 05:13 AM   #7
brb
Libertard Demagogue
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The European Union (still)
MC Status: 69869569

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #8
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Germany

Ok, I fixed it. Now there is a second option for rule 3. Either or folks, not both. don't be that rule bending guy who asks. I figured it was most fair to leave the original option but add a secondary instead of replacing it, so the choice is up to you on the PC, and there is an awesome option for Mac available.
Also, rule 3 is now optional to achieve the possible maximum of fun and minimum of problems. Do what you like folks.

BTW I have downloaded and test ANS this morning and was able to, with no instructions, get some awesome sounds out of it into wav format within 10 minutes. It is even available on Linux and ipads and android for FSM's sake so nobody can feel left out.

Also also, as this is a Beat Battle, feel free to DRAW whatever you want in ANS, or import my samples (I am not even sure you can...but go for it if so), but otherwise no foreign material like pictures of aliens. Honor system here.

------------------
Thanks to Creepr
7asid (04-15-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Germany

So....anyone else got something cooking? I just got my basic arrangement sorted...mostly. Spent way too much time making boopy noises with Altair-4.

------------------
Old 04-24-2017, 04:45 AM   #10
7asid
Soundwave Mangler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 4260

Ive started something, ive been mostly trying to learn the ans plugin and get something interesting out of it, we'll see. Ill def submit what i have by the end though.

------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:10 AM   #11
White Noise
Ghostly
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 14960

Unfortunately no, my sub for the club bangerz took all my production time this week. I'll be listening to everything and voting for sure, and I hope to be back for the next one.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
Creepr (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #12
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Germany

Yeah, I really wanted to put something together for the Bangerz, I really did, but I have had so little time...Kinda had to focus my small amount of time on this as I am hosting it.

Anyone else going to bring some awesome to this BB by tomorrow? Beuller?..... Beuller?

------------------
Old 04-24-2017, 03:41 PM   #13
brb
Libertard Demagogue
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC

I have been badly sidetracked by real life over the past week or two, and right now I am alternating between being doubled over, sweating, vomiting, and shitting planets out of my bumhole.

I have a 3-4 minute long loopy thing so far. I must admit that I hate the Altair4 plugin and I couldn't get the ans thing to install properly for some reason... I was aiming for Buck Rogers glowing hoola hoop disco, but I think time and illness is going to force me to go a bit Radiophonic Workshop instead.

------------------
Old 04-24-2017, 11:02 PM   #14
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1823877

Guys Ill be honest IRL its been turmoil in a positive way, new baby arrived just over 2 weeks early.
Been managing to find some time to finish my second awesome Club Banga' submission.
I will be back for BB55 where time allows...so far for 54 I have a 1 part loop. Sorry chaps.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
Creepr (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #15
brb
Libertard Demagogue

Submit it anyway! The potential of a good 1-part loop might be better than the reality of my half polished turd.

------------------
Thanks to brb
Creepr (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #16
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Mate if I get time. Currently painting bedroom and then 2 kids to look after this even. See what I can do....don't hold you're breathe, you'll go blue...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
Creepr (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #17
brb
Libertard Demagogue

Here's mine:

brb - bb54 Metaversal Escape Capsule

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Breaking through the reality-sphere in an infected metaversal escape capsule is the premise. Almost every sound conforms to rule 2. Most of the reverbs are convolution impulses using the samples provided... Synth used was Altair 4.

------------------
Old 04-25-2017, 10:19 PM   #18
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Germany

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

So up front this was actually hard for me to work with my own samples..I sort of ran into the same wall I do when trying to produce something original in that I cannot step away from the material as much and get as creative as I have with the other BBs. This is lighthearted and hopefully not too painful to listen to.

Hopefully we get some last minute supermixes to give BrB and me a good run for our money.

------------------
Old 04-25-2017, 10:42 PM   #19
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Bouncing down now....

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
brb (04-26-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 10:54 PM   #20
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Used altair 4 one preset.
Most of the reverbs and effects are evolving one way or the other using automation on delays, feedback, reverb lengths, frequencies. Subtle but they're there.

All I could rack up in an hour. But hell it was an hour of fun and escapism.

Enjoy.

Could have made it 15 mins plus..but had to cut it

Last edited by MFXxx; 04-25-2017 at 11:34 PM..

Advertisements

------------------