(Dark-Trance?)Neurosatz - Spore
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-04-2017, 12:20 AM   #1
Neurosatz
Granular Poster
Neurosatz has a spectacular aura aboutNeurosatz has a spectacular aura about
Pennsylvania
MC Status: 160
(Dark-Trance?)Neurosatz - Spore

I finally made the step up from Garageband to Logic Pro 9! I'm still learning the ins and outs of the software, but here's the first track I've been working on. It's not finished yet of course, but I'm hoping to get some feedback regarding the mix thus far. Not sure what genre to really classify it as yet, but I'm gradually trying to go towards a dark psytrance type of direction in general with my new tracks.

Last edited by Neurosatz; 24-06-2017 at 04:34 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Neurosatz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - (Dark-Trance?)Neurosatz - Spore.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:04 AM   #2
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 28110
Re: (Dark-Trance?)Neurosatz - Spore

I like the tune. It's short, obviously, but it's got some neat elements happening. The delay on the percussion is really sweet with headphones and I really like the timbre of the synth at the beginning.

I could use a bit more low-mids in the bass. It was only really present when there wasn't much going on, otherwise it got a bit lost to my ear. I think dialing that in and really nailing would do a lot for the track. I'm also not sure about the synth that comes in around 1:40 - I'd personally have liked something a bit less dreamy. Something with some bite and sharp highs would be where I go with it, but as it trails off shortly after I guess it might develop into something down the road.

How are you finding Logic? I've never actually used it but people seem to really like it. I can only imagine it's a long way from Garageband in terms of functionality.

Also the Soundcloud link in your sig is broken. Might want to fix that.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
Neurosatz
Granular Poster
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
I like the tune. It's short, obviously, but it's got some neat elements happening. The delay on the percussion is really sweet with headphones and I really like the timbre of the synth at the beginning.

I could use a bit more low-mids in the bass. It was only really present when there wasn't much going on, otherwise it got a bit lost to my ear. I think dialing that in and really nailing would do a lot for the track. I'm also not sure about the synth that comes in around 1:40 - I'd personally have liked something a bit less dreamy. Something with some bite and sharp highs would be where I go with it, but as it trails off shortly after I guess it might develop into something down the road.

How are you finding Logic? I've never actually used it but people seem to really like it. I can only imagine it's a long way from Garageband in terms of functionality.

Also the Soundcloud link in your sig is broken. Might want to fix that.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

I'll adjust the EQ on the bass a bit and see if I can get it sounding more noticeable while the rest of the sounds are happening. Yeah, I'm not too set on the synth sound yet, it depends on where I want the composition to go from here, but some bite and sharp highs like you said could make it sound sweet!

So far I'm loving Logic, definitely worth the buy! I've mostly been scratching the surface and finding out where things are and whatnot. It's taken me about a week to get accustomed to it to the point where I can open it up and start putting down ideas relatively smoothly. The only other DAW I've used has been Garageband, so I can't compare it to anything other than that, but so far Logic feels like a good fit for me.

And yeah, I haven't been on the site for a while so I need to fix my sig.

------------------
Old 13-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #4
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46079964
Thanked 1,226 Times in 826 Posts

that's a killer intro

since i have started doing drugs again i have (re)become a fan of psy and trance since it's by far the most bearable music while tripping

i think you have enough going on for an 8 minute brain sludge slammer there, expand this shit

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
Neurosatz
Granular Poster
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab View Post
that's a killer intro

since i have started doing drugs again i have (re)become a fan of psy and trance since it's by far the most bearable music while tripping

i think you have enough going on for an 8 minute brain sludge slammer there, expand this shit
Thanks, man! My freetime is practically non-existent at the moment, but I have some ideas for this that I'm excited to flesh out once I have a good chunk of time to do it.

------------------
Old 08-05-2017, 01:26 AM   #6
Neurosatz
Granular Poster
Pennsylvania

I've made some changes and have expanded it a decent bit. Still not finished of course and I haven't added some elements during a few parts yet. It's going to be longer, but I'm just looking for some feedback on the current mix. Hope you enjoy it

------------------
Old 08-05-2017, 01:51 AM   #7
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 28110

Oh hell yeah. This is a lot of fun. It's totally "Great Music from Terrible 80s Action Movies".

My only critique on the composition would be to maybe move the break at 3:20 a bit earlier. It really feels like the time for a serious change up (or whatever they called a 'drop' in the 80s), but the part that comes after it is too short! I think it'd have greater affect if it was more mid way through the track.

It's really cool to see this evolve. Really great work!
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #8
thanatos
Master of the LFO
thanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MC
MC Status: 733436

your lead is too high volume
your bass could be layered with one subbier
it's great draft

------------------
thanatos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #9
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hey nice idea
I think the intro is to long and the lead volume that comes at 1:45 is to high ruining the whole mix
I liked the part at 2:30 there is a really nice percussion going on over there
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
Neurosatz
Granular Poster
Pennsylvania

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

I've been really busy lately, but I found some time to work on the track a bit more. I've shortened the composition, adjusted some levels, and added a little more low end to the kick. I'm still planning on making the track a bit longer, just haven't thought of how I want to go about doing it yet.

Any feedback is most welcome!

Advertisements

------------------