The British came up with the term 'soccer'
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 71974
Thanked 1,188 Times in 729 Posts
The British came up with the term 'soccer'

Now that that's out of the way, who's a fan? Man City fan here!

Advertisements

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:13 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8542180
Thanked 7,025 Times in 4,990 Posts
Re: The British came up with the term 'soccer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomesR View Post
Now that that's out of the way, who's a fan? Man City fan here!
Ill watch some world cup when it comes around. Also of all places University of Akron has a national championship team.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
GomesR (09-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 06:29 AM   #3
StampedeMe
Future Epic Ban Victim
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 4161

IT'S. NOT. FUCKIN'. SOCCER.

It's Football, damn it.

A minor Premier League fan here, was a Chelsea supporter in my youth, a family thing around here, but it's my local lower league club or Legia Warsaw all the way right now. I waited all my life to see a Polish team play the Champions League, and Legia made it this year.

------------------
Most of my posts begin with: "Well,"
StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to StampedeMe
GomesR (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #4
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388549
Thanked 5,091 Times in 3,319 Posts

Football's shit. Even when its called soccer.

The only football that's fun is American Football because you get to laugh at them for bringing body armour to a rugby match. Especially because they're sick of hearing about it.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

If Blood Bowl was real I'd probably watch it. That being said I not a football fan at all.

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to professurreal
aikighost (16-06-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 08:29 AM   #6
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388549
Thanked 5,091 Times in 3,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post
If Blood Bowl was real I'd probably watch it. That being said I not a football fan at all.
Blood Bowl rocks

I've got the Chaos edition. I'm crap at it but its hilarious.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
professurreal (16-06-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 12:09 AM   #7
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45944181
Thanked 5,720 Times in 3,600 Posts

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:52 AM   #8
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031941
Thanked 7,290 Times in 4,528 Posts

Yeah, Association football.
It's a game for school kids and morons.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #9
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Blood Bowl rocks

I've got the Chaos edition. I'm crap at it but its hilarious.
I used to have the tabletop game. Thought about buying Blood Bowl 2 on Steam but then I read that a version including all of the race dlcs will be released some time this summer so I decided to wait.

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 02:18 AM   #10
Nikorasu
Minor Glitch
Nikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
The only football that's fun is American Football because you get to laugh at them for bringing body armour to a rugby match. Especially because they're sick of hearing about it.
Haha. I'm from the US and I worked with two guys from the UK. They had a similar idea towards American football. They were like.." So... Take rugby, Decrease the size of the ball, the amount of running, same amount of physical contact, but add padding and over complicated rules and start-stop game play...?"

In another note, almost the entire world says 'football', but I've lived in two countries that call the sport 'soccer' (US and Japan) correcting them to 'soccer' when they said football drove them pretty bonkers hehe.
Nikorasu is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #11
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,449 Times in 1,903 Posts

soccer is for millionaire pansies who don't know how skate on ice
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to fidelium
GomesR (24-06-2017)
Old 16-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #12
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Stercogburn View Post
Football's shit. Even when its called soccer.

What he said really.

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 11:13 PM   #13
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45944181
Thanked 5,720 Times in 3,600 Posts

I used to keep up with World Cup Soccer back in the 90s but since it takes a century to actually get to the finals I gave up on it. It's the same with basketball, it's 900 games a season and it lasts almost all year before the finals. Too much sports time. My mother in law watches pro tennis and I'm like wtf does she get out of this? It's not exciting to me.

But then I'm weird and like baseball. I dig the strategy involved but i do agree that it gets boring at times.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #14
BoJoProductions
Minor Glitch
BoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I feel a lot of rugby fans detest football, but the feeling certainly isn't mutual for those who football is their primary support. I certainly like both, but football has more dramatic moments which other sports can't touch!

Vomit at the sound of the word "soccer"
BoJoProductions is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #15
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560

I'm not much of a sports fan, but I prefer soccer instead of futbol americana.
I remember a friend of mine who was an EXCELLENT soccer player. He could dribble the ball with his feet really well and all the while run circles around any opponents, just wearing them out. It was an amazing strategy to witness, and even to experience while trying to play against him. I just got totally worn out by his technique--it was genius. It was nearly impossible to steal the ball from him while he had it.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #16
StampedeMe
Future Epic Ban Victim
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 4161

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJoProductions View Post
I feel a lot of rugby fans detest football, but the feeling certainly isn't mutual for those who football is their primary support. I certainly like both, but football has more dramatic moments which other sports can't touch!

Vomit at the sound of the word "soccer"
The reason why some Rugby fans are dissing Football is that they want to be seen as MANLY as they can. You know, it's like the big truck thing in America, the bigger the truck/jeep - the smaller the penis and most likely its owner can't eat or get no pussy. Obviously these guys haven't seen a rather brutal Sunday League game in the UK.

I enjoy watching a Rugby match though. It's rare to see one here and I can't keep up with all the rules but I like the agression and passion out there.

------------------
Most of my posts begin with: "Well,"
StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 04:03 AM   #17
destinationsoun
Minor Glitch
destinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810

I just watch Brazil beat Canada. Guess which one I wanted to win?

(Hint: neither cuz I'm American and we don't care for soccer lol)

Advertisements

destinationsoun is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote