Ableton Ping Pong and Auto filter replacement
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Old 26-03-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
Ap0C552
Digital Surfer
Ap0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to behold
Winnipeg
MC Status: 848
Ableton Ping Pong and Auto filter replacement

Two effects that I like from ableton are Ping Pong delay, and auto filter.

I want to give Reaper a try for a little bit, and am wondering if there are any good freeware plugins that could be recommended that would replace ABleton Ping Pong and Auto filter.

Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------
Ap0C552 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
Schnork
Deep Underground
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 14660
Re: Ableton Ping Pong and Auto filter replacement

HY Delay and Kjaerhus Classic Auto Filter? Not sure if Kjaerhus Audio's Classic Plugins are still available, though.

Here's a list with filter plugins, you might want to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Some good stuff there.
Schnork is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #3
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903759
Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,114 Posts

Ableton's ping pong is just two delays panned left and right fed into a band pass filter. So you can take your pick of delays / filters and just route like so.

As for auto-filter, I remember one of the Fabfilter filters was pretty decent. But that was ages ago and I can't remember which. From memory it had two filters and you could do all kinds of cool shit with it.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #4
Schnork
Deep Underground
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 14660

Yesterday I played with Kjaerhus Audio Auto Filter for a little while. Of course, it doesn´t have the analog modelled filters, but except for that it´s got the same functionality as found on Abletons Auto Filter.
I love this little fucker

Kjaerhus Audio Plugins are [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The Kjaerhus Delay which is pretty similar still sounds good imho. Ofc these are pretty old plugins.
HY includes a bit crusher, Kjaerhus Delay has Tape, Old, and Digital modes to choose from.
And HY-Delay is included in [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Voxengo has a [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
with similar features.

There are so many...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
As for auto-filter, I remember one of the Fabfilter filters was pretty decent. But that was ages ago and I can't remember which. From memory it had two filters and you could do all kinds of cool shit with it.
Fabfilter Volcano 2 me thinks.
Schnork is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 41710

Why are you switching from Live to Reaper? Sorry if that's a stupid question
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #6
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

This is a good one for ping-pong

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to penguinoid
SampleScienc (23-04-2017)