Ableton Ping Pong and Auto filter replacement
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Old 03-26-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
Ap0C552
Digital Surfer
Ap0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to behold
Winnipeg
MC Status: 848
Ableton Ping Pong and Auto filter replacement

Two effects that I like from ableton are Ping Pong delay, and auto filter.

I want to give Reaper a try for a little bit, and am wondering if there are any good freeware plugins that could be recommended that would replace ABleton Ping Pong and Auto filter.

Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------
Ap0C552 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Schnork
Ghostly
Schnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9710
Re: Ableton Ping Pong and Auto filter replacement

HY Delay and Kjaerhus Classic Auto Filter? Not sure if Kjaerhus Audio's Classic Plugins are still available, though.

Here's a list with filter plugins, you might want to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Some good stuff there.
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6893909
Thanked 3,294 Times in 2,002 Posts

Ableton's ping pong is just two delays panned left and right fed into a band pass filter. So you can take your pick of delays / filters and just route like so.

As for auto-filter, I remember one of the Fabfilter filters was pretty decent. But that was ages ago and I can't remember which. From memory it had two filters and you could do all kinds of cool shit with it.

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
Schnork
Ghostly
Schnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9710

Yesterday I played with Kjaerhus Audio Auto Filter for a little while. Of course, it doesn´t have the analog modelled filters, but except for that it´s got the same functionality as found on Abletons Auto Filter.
I love this little fucker

Kjaerhus Audio Plugins are [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The Kjaerhus Delay which is pretty similar still sounds good imho. Ofc these are pretty old plugins.
HY includes a bit crusher, Kjaerhus Delay has Tape, Old, and Digital modes to choose from.
And HY-Delay is included in [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Voxengo has a [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
with similar features.

There are so many...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
As for auto-filter, I remember one of the Fabfilter filters was pretty decent. But that was ages ago and I can't remember which. From memory it had two filters and you could do all kinds of cool shit with it.
Fabfilter Volcano 2 me thinks.
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:50 PM   #5
Vault O)))
Ghostly
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 19760

Why are you switching from Live to Reaper? Sorry if that's a stupid question

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #6
candidate221
Learning The Ropes
candidate221 is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

You can do a lot of things with automation manually. But why switching from live?
candidate221 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:05 PM   #7
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

This is a good one for ping-pong

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to penguinoid
SampleScienc (04-24-2017)