Earphones Finally Broke. Recommendations Pls!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 18-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Earphones Finally Broke. Recommendations Pls!

So my everyday earphones that I've used and owned for almost two years now finally broke. That's pretty impressive on my part because I usually break my earphones within a year. They were the Audio Technica CKS55X. Pretty good sounding, a bit too much bass and could use more treble but I was happy with them. I especially liked them because they were the comfiest earphones I've ever owned, next to the Pioneer SE-NC31C-K. It was mostly because of their design.

Anyways, need some recommendations on what to get next! Anything below $100 USD would be great! Also looking for something that will last me a long while, like my previous ones. Will mostly use for day to day use, while I'm out at college or something. Don't really care for style but comfort is pretty important to me, though I don't use earphones for longer than an hour. I also mostly listen to electronic and hip hop music so something that compliments those genres would be great.

Was eyeballing the Klipsch S4. I've owned the S3 in the past, they had really tight bass, which made me happy but they had a bit of distortion on higher volumes. I'm not too sure though so I'm still looking around.

Any recommendations would be lovely!

EDIT: Grammer fix.

Advertisements

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 06:05 PM   #2
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21260
Re: Earphones Finally Broke. Recommendations Pls!

I've used the Senn HD 280 pro for 4 1/2 years as my school headphone. Overall, I'd recommend getting away from earbuds/IEMs as I've never gotten a pair to last more than about 6 months. They're over-ear headphones, which are just more robust in my experience, and they fold and fit in my backpack just fine.

Also, just thought of another one, Koss ProDj100, many give it more props than the sennheiser, but it's also cheaper, and again, folds up nice and small.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8540830
Thanked 6,998 Times in 4,973 Posts

AKG 240 MKII. I'm probably in the AKG minority as far as electronic musicians go. I like them because the bass is "honest". I've learned to mix my basses low through a combination of AKG head phones (I use 702s now) and five inch monitors so that it isn't overwhelming on a system with more bass response. If I can juuust hear it and want more, that means it sounds perfect on anything with even an ounce more bass response.

Honestly at or under $100 anything that is meant to be a monitoring/studio headphone is going to be about the same overall quality if its a name you've heard. I've never heard anything at that price point that wowed me, though lots that sounded pretty darn good for the money.

Last edited by relic; 18-12-2016 at 06:19 PM..

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #4
Eikonos
Learning The Ropes
Eikonos is currently spamming hard
Skellefteć
MC Status: 10

I would definitely suggest you try a few Sennheisers! Since I got my first pair (HD-580), I've kept with the brand. I'm currently using HD-650, and the only negative thing aside from the pricetag is that they're half open, so they're not ideal to use around a mic. Their closed studio-phones sound great as well, but your ears get tired faster I suppose. Try their HD-558, they're around your pricerange!

Advertisements

Eikonos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote