Predator 2 released
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-26-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 42510
Predator 2 released

Rob Papen's Predator is one of the synths I really liked using in Reason. I never got the vst version and it has not gotten much use since my transition to Maschine.

Here is a walk through for the updated version, which outlines some neat additions. Of note are an xy pad modulation similar to Blue2 and user editable waveforms (shape and partials) as well as a mod matrix 20 slots deep.

The original Predator struck me as offering a very rich field of sound shaping due to excellent and plentiful oscillators (on this one you have three dual osc with sub), filter modes, and a great number of FX.

My initial thought is that Blue2 already offers much of the same, except the custom waveform. NKS is planned, so that's a bonus. If you've not looked at Rob Papen, you might want to check it out. It's a neat design philosophy: pretty much everything can be assigned a modulation source and pretty much everything is on one page. Very capable and great sounding synth.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
Parricide (11-26-2016)
Old 11-26-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18022169
Re: Predator 2 released

awesome! i dont know how this one slipped by me. thanks for the heads up.
im a long time lover of predator and this looks like it offers some great new features

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote