Can anyone show me more music like this
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 25-06-2016, 06:08 AM   #1
kanda_ao
Learning The Ropes
kanda_ao is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Can anyone show me more music like this

youtube.com/watch?v=A5OwzwToeI4

Advertisements

kanda_ao is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 06:40 AM   #2
U-235
Sample Destroyer
U-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond repute
Fields of Gold
MC Status: 6910
Re: Can anyone show me more music like this

Look in this section on the forum
IDM & Electronica
U-235 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
kanda_ao
Learning The Ropes

from my cursory research I haven't been able to find much idm similar to this although the influence is very obvious
Old 25-06-2016, 09:57 AM   #4
kanda_ao
Learning The Ropes

it feels maybe a little closer to dnb?
Old 25-06-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
Knob Twiddler
666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute
#Quit IDMf
MC Status: 6960

Spotify > BoC > Similar artists
Last.FM > BoC > Similar artists
Pandora > BoC (it plays you similar stuff, it's like magic)

------------------
666 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #6
kanda_ao
Learning The Ropes

well yes I know of boards of canada

I am specifically asking for stuff similar to the end of this remix, with a similar level of emotional epicness, and the intensity and fast beat
Old 25-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #7
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80990280
Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,598 Posts

hey kanda_ao, welcome to the forums. This kind of thread unfortunately tends to be fruitless because we can't really know what exactly you like about the track you linked to and so everyone can make suggestions based on what _they_ think is relevant in the track, but you most probably won't find the exact feeling you're looking for.
This specific track is a remix by someone who seems to be an drum'n'bass/IDM DJ who probably used it in his set with a specific purpose (maybe a breakdown moment). That DJ probably didn't release a whole LP of that kind of sound since it's used for a very specific purpose in a specific context.

So if you really want to find more music that sounds like this, I'd suggest you keep looking around, listening to the stuff that is suggested by other IDM-heads on here, knowing you won't always like everything you hear. And if you find it inspiring, why not try to re-create that sound yourself, eh

a few suggestions I could make is maybe listen to the latest Boards of Canada effort (Tomorrow's Harvest), which is rather beats-oriented. Aphex Twin comes to mind, maybe this track for example, this ep by ruby my dear, maybe this one by Blaerg -- that would be focusing on the contrast between the breaks and the lush melody. This EP too, which starts with an ambient first track and goes full-on breakcore and acid IDM in the other two.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
666 (25-06-2016)
Old 25-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #8
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80990280
Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanda_ao View Post
I am specifically asking for stuff similar to the end of this remix, with a similar level of emotional epicness, and the intensity and fast beat
the EP by Blaerg that I linked to in my previous post does exactly this to me (especially "Quiet Strength"). Maybe you'd like some of the stuff I post in the drum'n'bass releases thread as well, although most of it tends to be more abstract/dark/repetitive.

what do you think of this kind of thing for example?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 04:02 PM   #9
kanda_ao
Learning The Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
the EP by Blaerg that I linked to in my previous post does exactly this to me (especially "Quiet Strength"). Maybe you'd like some of the stuff I post in the drum'n'bass releases thread as well, although most of it tends to be more abstract/dark/repetitive.

what do you think of this kind of thing for example?
Thanks, I get what you guys are saying. I thought perhaps this was just a particular sub-genre that I hadn't been able to find. That "Quiet Strength" is pretty close in feeling. As is the Aphex Twin song.

The musicians I know to be similar in spirit or sound to this are:

Clark, u-Ziq, Venetian Snares, Hecq, Max Cooper (this is different to his regular sound) and probably there are a few more I have forgotten.

I have also explored Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Squarepusher, and a lot of others.

So far I haven't been able to find a combination of that sound/tempo and the progressive development of the sound and beat. Venetian Snares comes pretty close on the progression. Maybe I'm asking for something that doesn't exist, but I thought it might just be that I'm missing something... The sound is seems like halfway between idm and dnb

Sorry.

Last edited by kanda_ao; 26-06-2016 at 03:50 AM..

Advertisements