can someone please come up with some notes for this?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-28-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 18660
Icon5 can someone please come up with some notes for this?

so long story short, I love everything about the beginning of this song and I really want to play the intro on piano. earlier I asked how to convert a song to sheet music and everyone kinda assumed I wanted chords to a pop song...nah man, too mainstream, I'm a hardcore hipster. (not really, but I don't listen to stuff many people listen to)

anyways here is the link
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262785979
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,769 Posts
Re: can someone please come up with some notes for this?

TIME TO TRAIN THAT EAR BUDDY
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #3
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsweeper View Post
TIME TO TRAIN THAT EAR BUDDY
boi...

------------------
Old 03-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
EdenC
EdenC is a splendid one to beholdEdenC is a splendid one to beholdEdenC is a splendid one to beholdEdenC is a splendid one to beholdEdenC is a splendid one to beholdEdenC is a splendid one to behold
UK
MC Status: 660

Do you want me to EQ your instruments for you as well?

------------------
I fondle FL Studio until things come out.
https://soundcloud.com/edenscoming
EdenC is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #5
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262785979
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,769 Posts

For real though, nowadays I can copy an insane flailing synth melody by ear fairly easily, but I wasn't born able to. I remember struggling to match a bassline years ago that was just four notes over and over again. I have no doubt that you can figure this out on your own given enough time. You might find yourself struggling a lot, but if you want to play other non-mainstream songs in the future it's a skill you'll benefit from building up.

I'm also willing to bet that the people here would gladly help you out if you got super stuck, but try learning first you'll be glad you did later
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #6
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenC View Post
Do you want me to EQ your instruments for you as well?
no...no thank you, friend.

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK. I JUST NEEDED SOME HELP BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY SOMETHING ON PIANO, I'm not even using it for my music, I just want to play it.

------------------
Old 03-28-2016, 11:19 PM   #7
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8507280
Thanked 6,327 Times in 4,543 Posts

Give a man a fish...feed him for a day...teach a man to fish...

Even if you aren't using this directly in your music don't you think its worthwhile to train your ear to do this on your own? It's cool man. Chill. It's the internet, you'll have those kinds of responses.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:37 PM   #8
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Give a man a fish...feed him for a day...teach a man to fish...

Even if you aren't using this directly in your music don't you think its worthwhile to train your ear to do this on your own? It's cool man. Chill. It's the internet, you'll have those kinds of responses.
I guess... and yeah, I deal with this a lot, and I have dealt with a lot of people while I have been on the internet overall not like it affects me emotionally, but I don't know, just the response to a simple question is odd...

------------------
Old 03-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #9
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80986680
Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,555 Posts

hey man,
pretty simple melody line you've got here. It's on loop, too, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Let's do it together, yeah? I'd recommend you first start by finding the melody played with the right hand.
The instrument on this track is a bit detuned for melancholic effect but it shouldn't bother you

So do that first, post it here, and then we'll see for the chords on the left hand

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 58260
Thanked 1,165 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
I guess... and yeah, I deal with this a lot, and I have dealt with a lot of people while I have been on the internet overall not like it affects me emotionally, but I don't know, just the response to a simple question is odd...
The reason you have been getting these kind of responses (and I found this to be the same on most Internet forums) is that you are basically asking other people to do all the work for you without showing that you have even tried yourself.

Trust me, if you come here asking specific questions showing some of some progress you made on your own first then you will get a lot more helpful answers.

People on Internet forums (and "experts" in general) do not like people coming in and basically asking them to do all the work for them. Most people here have spent a lot of time working on the skills they have so coming in here asking those kind of questions just seems lazy.

In addition to that it's also what relic said. You will not learn anything if people just give away the answers. You will benefit more if you try yourself first. If you are unwilling to do even that then there is a valid reason to question your motivation and dedication. Any good teacher will not simply give away the answer but make the student figure it out themselves. This doesn't not only give you the information but also the method to finding it yourself. If you never practice hearing the notes by ear you will never get any better at it. You have to start somewhere...

So why not go with Lug's offer and try to figure out the melodic part yourself and then take up his offer to get help with the chords

Good luck and have fun!

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #11
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 110960
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,297 Posts

I see OP is Live user so dumbest way to do it is just bounce track to audio file and then apply "convert harmony to new midi track" (or just convert that separate layer). You might end up with really messy results but at least root note should be there and now you can edit that midi file as much as you want adding other notes around it to see how it fits.

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
mute machine (03-31-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 03:10 AM   #12
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
I see OP is Live user so dumbest way to do it is just bounce track to audio file and then apply "convert harmony to new midi track" (or just convert that separate layer). You might end up with really messy results but at least root note should be there and now you can edit that midi file as much as you want adding other notes around it to see how it fits.
I did it, sounds way off, but I started playing the notes right and I basically played the whole song.

------------------
Thanks to mute machine
professurreal (03-31-2016)
Old 02-07-2017, 11:08 PM   #13
Fesker
Learning The Ropes
Fesker is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

is it the note values you're struggling with or don't you hear the right tones? or dont you know how to put them into the note lines? or is it everything together?
Fesker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:24 AM   #14
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 16760

best way to learn i found is to hum it and then in your daw match the notes to your humming start of with the melody part the key notes that way youll be able to figure out the chords from there.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:17 AM   #15
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8010
Icon5 Re: can someone please come up with some notes for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
boi...
o shit waddup ?

------------------
sent from another world
------------------
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to D42K732202
Taaz (02-18-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 01:35 AM   #16
Artificer
Master of the LFO
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 21010

03-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Artificer
relic (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 01:37 AM   #17
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

bringing back old threads now, are we?

------------------
Old 02-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #18
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8010

who cores ?

Advertisements

------------------
sent from another world
------------------
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote

can someone please come up with some notes for this? Tags
hotsugar, notes, piano, synth