Beat Battle № 29 yallz
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 26-03-2016, 01:39 AM   #1
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 6460
Beat Battle № 29 yallz

Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday. Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day (tuesday). Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (thursday). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (friday) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.
Alright, here we go, let's get more subs in this time, no shame if it's just a quick jam or whatever it's about the communal spirit of doing this on the reg!

There's lots of samples so don't feel like you gotta use each and every one.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Rules:

1. Let's lean towards the quiter, intimate side of things. Real bedroom producer stuff, don't wanna wake your ma in the other room with any bangers.

2. You may use one instance of a VST synth.

3. Include either an instance of a key, meter or tempo change.

Subs close on the 5th (National Tartan Day? What's a ''tartan''? ) and voting ends on the 7th. New battle up on the 8th.

May Dog be with you

Advertisements

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Marquee Moon
Old 26-03-2016, 03:46 AM   #2
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25260
Re: Beat Battle № 29 yallz

YOU'RE a Tartan.. meybe..

Cool! One vst synth? That's very generous.

I like quiet stuff.

P.S. doge*

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #3
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver

------------------

Thanks to 7asid
mnkvolcno (26-03-2016)
Old 26-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #4
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1828977

Hmm one vst interesting; kontakt, omnisphere or bliss
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Jut listened to the sample...so many possiblities, nice.

------------------
Old 28-03-2016, 11:40 PM   #6
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12446383

I've downloaded the pack. I have a mixing/mastering project going and I don't know if I can redeem myself after last week's piss poor attempt, but I will give it a go.

------------------
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2016, 03:10 AM   #7
BRizZle
Minor Glitch
BRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the rough
Chicago
MC Status: 310

If I find the time, this will hopefully be my first attempt at one of these. Can u define "one instance of a VST synth" for me please? Like, it can only appear once in the song, or... ?
BRizZle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to BRizZle
MFXxx (31-03-2016)
Old 30-03-2016, 04:07 AM   #8
7asid
Knob Twiddler
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRizZle View Post
If I find the time, this will hopefully be my first attempt at one of these. Can u define "one instance of a VST synth" for me please? Like, it can only appear once in the song, or... ?
What I meant is you can only have on track of it. No resampling, duplicating etc. It can include polyphony of course. You can send it to effects. Basically we've been using mostly samplers for most of the BB's so I thought it would be a breath of fresh air to include some synth programming but It's still encouraged to stick with the competitions overall spirit of finding inspiration in strict limitations.

edit: Also, welcome! Glad to have someone new join us.

------------------

Old 31-03-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
BRizZle
Minor Glitch
BRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the rough
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7asid View Post
What I meant is you can only have on track of it. No resampling, duplicating etc. It can include polyphony of course. You can send it to effects. Basically we've been using mostly samplers for most of the BB's so I thought it would be a breath of fresh air to include some synth programming but It's still encouraged to stick with the competitions overall spirit of finding inspiration in strict limitations.

edit: Also, welcome! Glad to have someone new join us.
Sounds good! Thanks man I'm curious to see what I can come up with haha I don't really have a lot of experience with anything like this so it's good learning for me
Old 02-04-2016, 01:17 AM   #10
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9560

I moved to Nashville so I'm kinda busy and shit so yeah

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Tsachi
mnkvolcno (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 07:51 AM   #11
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
I moved to Nashville so I'm kinda busy and shit so yeah
howdy neighbor.. i live in memphis. let me know if you ever come down. I'll show you the good places to play laser tag.

i might take a stab at this.. also pretty busy

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
Tsachi (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 03:16 AM   #12
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9560

LAZER TAG sign me up!!!!

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #13
BRizZle
Minor Glitch
Chicago

Looks like all the regulars aren't gonna be able to participate, so... as long as I just follow the rules, I should win by default, right? xD

I've got something in the making, but I really don't think I'll be able to finish it up by the date I'll submit whatever I have in the end regardless
Old 04-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #14
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647

uuuuuhg, I always arrive late for these. I suppose were talking about the 5th as in tomorrow?

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #15
BRizZle
Minor Glitch
Chicago

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Ok well here's my submission, didn't have much time to do it (i did all of this between classes lol) so I just kept it short and simple
Thanks to BRizZle
MFXxx (06-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #16
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

@BBz all fuck I'm really screwed url for time. Will duck out and promise, nay, vow to be in the next...Still hit time to listen and vote though. Do not let the bbs die....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
Old 05-04-2016, 01:26 AM   #17
7asid
Knob Twiddler
Vancouver

Thanks for submitting Brizzle!

I've only got a begining but I can cram. To the others, would it help if we extended this a couple of days? I'm genuinely curious about what people do with these sounds.

------------------

Old 05-04-2016, 01:44 AM   #18
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Thanks for submitting Brizzle!

I've only got a begining but I can cram. To the others, would it help if we extended this a couple of days? I'm genuinely curious about what people do with these sounds.
No deadlines need to be maintained please

------------------
Old 05-04-2016, 01:59 AM   #19
7asid
Knob Twiddler
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Do not let the bbs die....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
No deadlines need to be maintained please

I understand, but it's starting to sounds like it's one or the other, unfortunately.

------------------

Old 05-04-2016, 02:10 AM   #20
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647

Quote:
I understand, but it's starting to sounds like it's one or the other, unfortunately.
Hmmmm. I'm torn. I agree with MFXxx, deadlines are deadlines. But a Beatbattle with only 2 entries isn't really a battle... its a duel.

Idk, I really enjoyed the Beatbattles I participated it, but I often lose track of them because life happens and I get no notifications of a new one and just forget about it. We need a way of reminding people who are usually involved, I don't think I'm the only one with this issue... maybe?

Next Beatbattle I'll sig it up. Maybe convince a bud of mine to sign up on IDMf and take part

Advertisements

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote