Beat Battle 25
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 29-01-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837848
Beat Battle 25

Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday. Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day (tuesday). Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (thursday). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (friday) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.
So uhh, I don't have a lot of time to put this together.
1. You may not use D# E or F (Relative to your tuning, eg if not using A=440.) Of course, with a resampled chord these are only banned as the root note.
2. Make it SMOOOOOV
3. End with a bang.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Submissions close Feb 9th

Last edited by TheWizar; 30-01-2016 at 04:15 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 12:22 AM   #2
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9560
Re: Beat Battle 25

Interesting sssstipulation

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1829127

Nice subs - I feel The Art of Noise on this one

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:15 AM   #4
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Gone down an ambient trip hop vibe. Hope it works, enjoyed making and listening to this one.

The samples bought a fresh sound. Love the aerosal amongst many provided. Bass line created by dropping the provided kick into serum (hope thats not too much of a cheat). A lot of editing samples and cutting the right parts to splice things into a mould. Not too sure if its not in the right keys as mentioned (not really musically orientated, all done by ear) so hopefully missed the root notes mentioned.

Last edited by MFXxx; 06-02-2016 at 11:14 AM..
Old 09-02-2016, 02:46 AM   #5
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute

Das mine :^)

------------------

Thanks to Tsachi
MFXxx (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 09:07 PM   #6
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Nice Tsachi, commente on my favourite part in SC.

Hope there's some people busy brewing up some production for tonights deadline!!!!

Last edited by MFXxx; 09-02-2016 at 09:48 PM..
Old 10-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #7
Tsachi
i don't understand

Ain't no one doin' the beat battles anymore

------------------

Old 10-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #8
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

You just echoed my thoughts....

Well my vote will go with you Tscahi

------------------
Old 10-02-2016, 11:16 PM   #9
Tsachi
i don't understand

And mine with yours

------------------

Old 10-02-2016, 11:34 PM   #10
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80989280
Thanked 3,981 Times in 2,586 Posts

cool tracks, beat duellers. I'm sorry I have absolutely no time for music these days except for some guitar playing and preparing for my lessons. Beat battles still hold a special place in my heart but I don't seem to find the time to participate in them.

Love your two tracks, guys. I'll vote mister fexx but honestly you're both heroes and actually I liked tsachi's bang better than mistafax but still mistie's general triphoppy style always gets me so he's got to win some times.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
Tsachi (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 03:05 AM   #11
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont

Wow, I've really been aloof lately. My vote would go to Tsachi, but, unless we get more votes I'd like to withhold it.

------------------
My latest work:
Old 11-02-2016, 08:10 PM   #12
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Lets hope this is not the last BB...Im hoping to get more regular names from IDM involved! Maybe.

------------------
Old 11-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #13
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
Vermont

I think we should make them a month long, simplify the dates a bit and perhaps modify the rules slightly to make it more fun.

------------------
My latest work:
Old 11-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #14
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Think it's gong to be down to a general consensus, LeB's not popped in for a while and always felt it was his gig. Rules had been quite well defined. Generally get somthing together in a couple of days but maybe for some 10 days is too tight a deadline. But that's what I like about the BB's. It pushes you.

Having to make a track to a specific deadline, with a specific profile and sounds. Gets the creative juicces flowing. Certainly learnt a few new techniques during the journey.

But if it's time to call it quits then so be it...plenty of other activity to get involved in on the forums. Need to see some kudos or status invoked to get more users involved and appeal to vanity !

------------------
Old 11-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #15
Tsachi
i don't understand

How about this: Two bucks to enter (or pounds or whatever), winner gets all the coconuts.

------------------

Old 12-02-2016, 06:04 PM   #16
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12446383

I'd love to get back to doing some battles but I've had all sorts of shit to deal with lately. I do miss it.

------------------
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:36 PM   #17
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
How about this: Two bucks to enter (or pounds or whatever), winner gets all the coconuts.

wait wait wait are we talking real coconuts here?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Thanks to Lug
Tsachi (13-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #18
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Well lets have one more whirl.

Tscahi, Wiz did the last battle. Me the one before that so as a draw (or your win including wiz's) you submit today if you can and start the BB26 thread.

If it dies it dies...if it lives it lives...

------------------
Old 12-02-2016, 08:57 PM   #19
Lug
Soxdix

lebeux said : "don't let the BBs die, bros" (lebeux, 22:1)

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 13-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #20
Tsachi
i don't understand

Oh sorry I didn't check yesterday. Uhhhh

Advertisements

------------------