Best concert you've ever been to?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 22-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #1
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO
MC Status: 5460
Best concert you've ever been to?

As the title says, whats the best concert you've ever been to and why?

I've seen well over 100 bands play live and a few of my favorite shows have been:
Rammstein, Godhead, Crossbreed@ The Newport Columbus,OH 2001
Coal Chamber, Type O Negative@ The New Daisy Memphis,TN 2000
Siren Project,Velvet Acid Christ@ Casselman's Denver,CO 2015

Rammstein has the best stage show I've ever seen. They really need to come back to the US.

Seeing Type O and a very drunk Peter Steele was an experience I will never be able to repeat. I had never seen someone snap through the 2 bottom strings on their bass before.

Seeing VAC in the US is somewhat of a rarity, especially in CO. Bryan doesn't go out much. And the set was mostly old school dancier stuff like Fun With Drugs so it was an awesome show +1 that it was on Halloween.

Last edited by oDDgOD; 22-01-2016 at 10:59 PM..

Advertisements

oDDgOD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #2
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153460
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,152 Posts
Re: Best concert you've ever been to?

Hella circa There's No 666 In Outer Space in Philly

I'll never go to a better show in my lifetime
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
oly (24-01-2016)
Old 22-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #3
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 70624
Thanked 1,161 Times in 712 Posts

Honestly, Incubus. I don't even really like Incubus, went for the Deftones. But Jesus Christ did incubus kill it. The band did a couple long jam type solo things that almost left me in tears. I was kind of mad about how good it was.

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 10:57 PM   #4
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomesR View Post
Honestly, Incubus. I don't even really like Incubus, went for the Deftones. But Jesus Christ did incubus kill it. The band did a couple long jam type solo things that almost left me in tears. I was kind of mad about how good it was.
My wife went to that show when they came through Denver and said the same thing...went for Deftones and Incubus brought the house down.
Old 22-01-2016, 11:10 PM   #5
Benwaa

non Electronic music I would say it's a toss up between moby (he had a band) or tony bennet or sebadoh.
Dj or live electronic act is too hard to decide tbh, I've had some amazing nights but then the drugs and people contributed to that as well as the performers or djs, I've also had amazing night the same sans drugs and people I was familiar with. So hard to say on that really
Maybe kmln or perhaps meeker, or sasha, or Chris Cunningham, or the dj playing disco in panorama bar when I was last there. I dunno, could be loads that one tbh
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 11:14 PM   #6
ablabla
Minor Glitch
ablabla is a jewel in the roughablabla is a jewel in the roughablabla is a jewel in the rough
Shitcore Hate City
MC Status: 260

the one where i set fire to myself
ablabla is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 11:19 PM   #7
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280899
Thanked 1,167 Times in 750 Posts

Tough question... A couple shows that stick out to me:

Swans comeback tour for My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky was fucking incredible. I've seen them a couple times since, and it's always been awesome. However, that first show really stuck with me. Every sound a hard heavy punch to the chest.

The Cure on their tour in support of the album Bloodflowers. I was a goth kid and this was in-fucking-credible. Might be due to my malleable young mind, but dang... awesome. Seemed like they never wanted to stop playing, like they thought they may never be able to again or something. Played their fucking hearts out.

Also, a more recent one, but I was just in fucking awe when I saw A Winged Victory for the Sullen. Absolutely enrapturing show.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #8
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
The Cure on their tour in support of the album Bloodflowers. I was a goth kid and this was in-fucking-credible. Might be due to my malleable young mind, but dang... awesome. Seemed like they never wanted to stop playing, like they thought they may never be able to again or something. Played their fucking hearts out.
I have tickets to The Cure this June. Never seen them before but really stoked about it.
Old 22-01-2016, 11:32 PM   #9
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89278973
Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,169 Posts

Faith no more - Angel Dust tour 1995

Last edited by Sencesor; 23-01-2016 at 01:55 AM..

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529830
Thanked 6,778 Times in 4,830 Posts

That is a hard choice...

In recent memory I saw a couple local bands live and thought they were both really, really good on stage. I think I have to give it to Ray Wylie Hubbard though, tough old bird just puts on an awesome show everytime and seems really genuine. The Who (first show after the bassist died) were top notch. Saw Steve Miller Band a few summers ago, excellent show. Oh jeez. Willie Nelson of course!

For DJ/Electronic. Fuck...um...um...Crystal Method Live is way up there. Mix Master Mike. Rabbit in the Moon. Astral Projection. Really cool random thing...was at an outdoor festival and the last set on Saturday was supposed to be a couple guys from World of Drum and Bass, but they setup four turn tables and like half the Metalheadz crew and all the DJs from WoDnB came out and just fucking rocked records until the sun came up. I swear the fog that night was actually just smoke from all the great herb going around...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 12:15 AM   #11
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 104950
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,357 Posts

I think it was Ozzfest 2001. Lots of the bands that year that were on the second stage or early on the main stage went on to be big well known acts. Rob Zombie killed it as a performance. Black Sabbath was interesting to see, but watching Ozzy hop in place on the stage while singing was a bit of a low point.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 12:35 AM   #12
mookster
peripheral being
mookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MC
The Moon
MC Status: 232876053
Thanked 1,199 Times in 793 Posts

I've not been to see a live concert in so long.

The best one I ever saw was Underworld on Halloween night 2008, an early 18th birthday present for me. Absolutely unbelievable show.

------------------
mookster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 12:36 AM   #13
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
I think it was Ozzfest 2001. Lots of the bands that year that were on the second stage or early on the main stage went on to be big well known acts. Rob Zombie killed it as a performance. Black Sabbath was interesting to see, but watching Ozzy hop in place on the stage while singing was a bit of a low point.
I went to 2001. I remember Spineshank was an utter disappointment, but I was surprised by Nonpoint. I'm not too into their music but they probably had one of the biggest pits I've ever seen. That was my first time seeing Slipknot too. They put on an awesome set. There were a lot of good bands there that year...Mudvayne, Manson, BLS, etc...but I don't recall Rob Zombie being there....he's not listed on the wiki page for the lineup that year either. He was there in 02 though.
Old 23-01-2016, 01:44 AM   #14
jackastro
Granular Poster
jackastro is a name known to alljackastro is a name known to alljackastro is a name known to alljackastro is a name known to alljackastro is a name known to alljackastro is a name known to all
MC Status: 610

I'll third Ozzfest 2001. I don't like Manson, but he put on a hell of a performance. And Ozzy was on fire for two sets!
jackastro is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 01:55 AM   #15
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6901709
Thanked 3,450 Times in 2,089 Posts

Slayer
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 02:08 AM   #16
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts

Oasis..August 1996..everything just fell into place and made it an unforgettably perfect day.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 02:16 AM   #17
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 24660

Skinny puppy in Amsterdam in 2004 I think
I saw explosions in the sky open for and you will know us by this rediculous name, they were amazing (explosions that is) and that's how I discovered them
Then for sheer madness probably dimu borguir in mtl as well circa 2006 maybe
All old shows, I need to get out more

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jbvdb493
deadmau7 (15-02-2016)
Old 23-01-2016, 02:33 AM   #18
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 104950
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,357 Posts

Turns out I am older than I thought - that excellent Ozzfest lineup was in 1999. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozzfes...year#Line-Up_3
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 02:39 AM   #19
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13510

as far as line ups go, I saw a show with Converge, Mastadon, and Cursive, at the time, it was a really good mix of bands I liked. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it but I saw Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie in Salt Lake City and the show as a whole was insane and a lot of fun. I've never been around that many heathens at once, haha.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 04:29 AM   #20
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529830
Thanked 6,778 Times in 4,830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Oasis..August 1996..everything just fell into place and made it an unforgettably perfect day.
Oasis = drunk & high 2am singalongs at my college apartment.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (23-01-2016)