[Footwork] light it up
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 02-10-2016, 01:05 AM   #1
turtleneck
Granular Poster
turtleneck has a spectacular aura aboutturtleneck has a spectacular aura aboutturtleneck has a spectacular aura about
The sticks
MC Status: 210
[Footwork] light it up

Hello folks
This is my first post in years. Actually this is my first visit to the forum in quite some time as well. So I don't really know if there are any jukeheads or footworkers active in here. Any of you guys produce that Chi Town stuff? Any ghettohouse maybe?

Anyways this tune was sequenced on an mpc2500 using a microkorg for the lead and the gated pad part. The other pad was a dated rompler vst from creative called emu proteus. recorded through a focusrite soundcard into Ableton Live. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Come on, eat your desiccated squid and marinated fennel,
or you won't be allowed to watch Akira Kurosawa's Throne of Blood.
Or any of his oeuvre.
turtleneck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Footwork] light it up.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:22 AM   #2
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667
Re: [Footwork] light it up

Pretty nice. Cool retro 90's vibes. Good mix of rhythm parts. Maybe brighten up the stynths and vocals a bit. Light it up gets a bit annoying.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
Valk
Radial Developer
Valk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3110

I dig it, great job
footwork is nonexistent where i'm located but our ghetto house is on point.

There's loads of variety and movement in that track and you're above what I can do in terms of Footwork - your mixing and overall composition is decent too.

I want to add though, trust your gut

------------------
check out my Nest in progress
Valk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #4
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310

Lovely. Brings me back.... I like the switch up at 2min. Great job.

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #5
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744033641
Thanked 7,324 Times in 4,546 Posts

Fuck to the yes!
Where were you for IDMf048 comp entries.

I really like this man.

edit: the ending is possibly a bit sudden? But other than that, superb. Good stuff man, thanks for sharing.

------------------
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #6
turtleneck
Granular Poster
turtleneck has a spectacular aura aboutturtleneck has a spectacular aura aboutturtleneck has a spectacular aura about
The sticks
MC Status: 210

Thank you for listening guys. Greatly appreciated!
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: Thanks! I was probably just up my own ass. I haven't checked the forum in ages. I posted some terrible shite tunes a couple years back, and the shame has only just left me recently. I will try to participate in the next comp, if I fit the style.
: You the man boss!
: Yeah I know. I couldn't get booked to dj here less I paid for it.
Would love to hear some South African ghetto tunes. If you could send us a liknk or two, that would be awesome.
: You are right. Need some brightness. And I hear you man. I couldn't get my head around the repetitive samples in footwork at first either. Now I'm addicted to them.

I'm just trying to emulate my heroes[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Come on, eat your desiccated squid and marinated fennel,
or you won't be allowed to watch Akira Kurosawa's Throne of Blood.
Or any of his oeuvre.
turtleneck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #7
papo
Microknight
papo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Great track. I liked the rhythm changes. I'm gonna hear some more of your stuff
papo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:11 AM   #8
Valk
Radial Developer
Valk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3110

@turtleneck:
all time classic example with the rhythm present but snares missing and hinted at by the groove

good example of our footwork

I wish these had subtitles, I don't understand the lyrics but the music has amazing rhythm

South African beach boys cross with that rhythm, a little cringey but too each his own

Like how footwork has the signature alt-timed kicks, with this ghetto flavour, the kick is consistent and the snares are always on the off beats
This snare method keeps creeping into my music but not yet effectively getting the same rhythm

Racists refer to songs sounding like this as 'taxi music' because no matter where in South Africa, if you are next to a road long enough a minibus-taxi will come past blasting duf duf ta-ta ta-ta
Lemme know what you internationals think of these tracks and the taxi beat

Advertisements

------------------
check out my Nest in progress
Valk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote