(80s) Stranger Things Remix
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 02-09-2016, 01:55 AM   #1
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310
(80s) Stranger Things Remix

Definitely wanted to keep the 80s vibe. Hope you guys like it. Feedback will be appreciated too.

Advertisements

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to neyus
stray medicine (17-09-2016)
Rate this track - (80s) Stranger Things Remix.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:12 AM   #2
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
YoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud of
Medellin
MC Status: 1060
Re: (80s) Stranger Things Remix

Wow, this is really good man. As someone who recently watched the whole season, this remix preserves the whole essence and concept of it, really really good job. The only thing i would suggest (Or perhaps that's what you were striving for), right after the minute 2:00, the presence of the kick is quite subtle, i expected it to be a little bit more full, specially in higher frequencies. as the whole dynamics increases and the snares are playing as well, would be nice to feel that kick in, but that's just a personal preference imo.

But overall, you did a really nice job, i love this remix. Keep it up!
YoSoyPincho is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #3
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987903
Thanked 1,115 Times in 647 Posts

All I can say is fuck yes that was epic
Kaede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:11 AM   #4
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoSoyPincho View Post
Wow, this is really good man. As someone who recently watched the whole season, this remix preserves the whole essence and concept of it, really really good job. The only thing i would suggest (Or perhaps that's what you were striving for), right after the minute 2:00, the presence of the kick is quite subtle, i expected it to be a little bit more full, specially in higher frequencies. as the whole dynamics increases and the snares are playing as well, would be nice to feel that kick in, but that's just a personal preference imo.

But overall, you did a really nice job, i love this remix. Keep it up!
I actually never caught that part so good catch. It's on the mixing end for sure. The kick's high end frequency isnt the main attraction. I tried my best taking care of the low end if anything.

Thanks for that tho!

------------------
Old 03-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #5
Arexus
Granular Poster
Arexus is just really niceArexus is just really niceArexus is just really niceArexus is just really nice
Yuggoth
MC Status: 360

sound design is on point, goes hand in hand with the composition :]
Arexus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Very nice. I just started watching Stranger Things and I have to admit the opening credit song convinced me to watch the show.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #7
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Very nice. I just started watching Stranger Things and I have to admit the opening credit song convinced me to watch the show.
Me too! Pretty great show!

Also, Nice track!
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:20 AM   #8
Garruden
IDMf Supporter
Garruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of light
San Jose, California
MC Status: 460

Dude. That was SOOOOOOOOO good. I hear what YoSoyPincho is saying, but I think the kick is punchy enough to still get through the mix and I like it. I'm listening in open backs, but the mix is really well done and...this is going to sound weird, but it's almost like it was made in the same space as the original. It has almost the same vibe, but is definitely it's own animal. Excellent, excellent job, I'm going to go cry and delete the album I was about to release now.

------------------
Garruden is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #9
CalabroRiccardo
Regular Freak
CalabroRiccardo will become famous soon enough
Madrid, Spain
MC Status: 60

Damn this is so good, nice work here!
CalabroRiccardo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #10
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 19560

this is awesome
I agree with YoSoyPincho, it keeps the same feeling as the show really well
stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 04:23 PM   #11
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt
JayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2460

need to check the original?

As a standalone piece of work, its cool though, cool sounds, nice deep sounds, cool production, strong laser clear synths..really pro sounding, bit cyberpunkish, like some arnie movie..

------------------
JayMSay is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 05:06 PM   #12
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

Fuuuuuck I was going to do a remix of this but this fucking nails it!! The music in that show is my favorite part about it.

Good work. Really like the arrangement, keeps the score vibe going while making it more interesting to listen too. Your sound choices are perfect and the mix is solid too. I'm really liking this.

Now I don't know if I can remix it without ripping this off

I'm impressed. Download?

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #13
neyus
Digital Surfer

Dude there are a lot of remixes out there for this track before I started this one. I'm actually quite late too. That didn't stop me though. And did you want to download the stems or just the remix alone? Should be available for download on soundcloud.

You should remix this for fun and just because!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMSay View Post
need to check the original?

As a standalone piece of work, its cool though, cool sounds, nice deep sounds, cool production, strong laser clear synths..really pro sounding, bit cyberpunkish, like some arnie movie..
The first min is pretty much how the original sounds. Anything after is just me messing around to be honest.

Thanks for compliments!

------------------
Old 15-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #14
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt
JayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond repute

reminds me of the video game deus ex

------------------
Old 15-09-2016, 07:31 PM   #15
neyus
Digital Surfer

^
I'm into that game!!! I'm going to make another deus ex remix.. there is a track called TF29 for Mankind Divded. Might release it today.

------------------
Old 15-09-2016, 07:37 PM   #16
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

yeh love the series playing Mankind Divided atm but was a big fan of the original 10 or so years ago to

------------------
Old 15-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #17
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

this i guess

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

lots good music in that game

------------------
Old 15-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #18
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080164
Thanked 1,230 Times in 830 Posts

rrrrreally neat. +1 on sc

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 09:45 PM   #19
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080164
Thanked 1,230 Times in 830 Posts

you are MUCH better on remixes than i am. pretty cool man. monetize that shit. (listened through a few of your tracks). the deus ex ost was great, but you added something worthwhile. keep it up man, and keep us updated on stuff!

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 03:13 AM   #20
Orray
Soundscaper
Orray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Damn, this is really cool

Advertisements

------------------
Orray is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote