[House] Haydyn - Chix
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-08-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
Timworth94
Master of the LFO
Timworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond repute
Lancashire
MC Status: 2840
[House] Haydyn - Chix

Hey everybody, finished up this track today. Please share your thoughts, good or bad. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Timworth94; 14-08-2016 at 12:20 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Timworth94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House] Haydyn - Chix.
Old 15-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
Dirty32
Radial Developer
Dirty32 has a spectacular aura aboutDirty32 has a spectacular aura about
Brussels
MC Status: 160
Re: [House] Haydyn - Chix

That's good!
Not many things to say. Your main melody is a little "CalvinHarri-esque" of course but the whole track stays solid and nicely handled. Small detail : maybe more reverb on some of the drums (opened hihat).
I know these vocals....but I can't put a name on it. Who was that?
You could also reduce the lenght of the track, for this thing 3:30 should do the job easily.
Thanks for sharing dude!

------------------
Dirty32 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #3
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
SwagPimp has a spectacular aura aboutSwagPimp has a spectacular aura about
noob
MC Status: 160

huge tune man !! you could do with show casing that killer vocal bit alitle more, very catchy.

1:01 drops, loses the feel alittle. you could do with it nice clean cut straight after the break, that hiss/whisle effect loses the boom factor.

i really don't know what i'm taking about, but i try my best to better shit.

your tune could be huge !!! i mean huge !!
SwagPimp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #4
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184

Nice.

I was a bit miffed by the missed kick on the 4th note at around 18secs but apart from that i don't really have any crits.

The vocal might be talked about being a bit cheesy but this is modern house and i think it works well.

Top track...

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #5
plsnp
Regular Freak
plsnp has a spectacular aura aboutplsnp has a spectacular aura aboutplsnp has a spectacular aura about
Amsterdam
MC Status: 210

This track is fucking awesome, I hear so much potential.

The mixdown sound oke.

Here are some suggestions:

- Add some liquid feel to the drops in the bassline, it sounds kinda dry. Split the bassline in low and mid / high bands, put some reverb on the mid / high. I recommend Valhalla Room / plate. Don't over do this, just subtle. I recommend listening on headphones for this subtle details finetuning.

- Add more FX more risers, you can't over do them: the riser at 0:51 sounds kinda meh, could be improved, just layer them.

- The breakdown is cool but can be improved too, why not add some automation on the bassline decay / release, so they sound more fluid, maybe also some reverb automation on the bassline as well.

Once again: lot of potential, love it.
plsnp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 05:49 PM   #6
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt
JayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2460

ye that missed note put me off as well, not adding anything to song would just add it back in personally or maybe do something else at that point if u want to surprise listener at that moment?

sounds like a good chill club song, pretty pro to my ears...or a nice song to drive to....cant fault it...but maybe the bass synth could be a bit nicer, its not bad but a bit tinny/amateur sounding to me...if that makes sense...:/

Overall pretty chill tune, and good production

------------------
JayMSay is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #7
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2414221

iiiiiiiiiiiiiii liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis bro

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #8
Timworth94
Master of the LFO
Timworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond repute
Lancashire
MC Status: 2840

Wow, thanks everyone, didn't expect this many replies. I will load it up again and work on some of the things you all mention.

Quote:
ye that missed note put me off as well, not adding anything to song would just add it back in personally or maybe do something else at that point if u want to surprise listener at that moment?
Quote:
maybe the bass synth could be a bit nicer, its not bad but a bit tinny/amateur sounding to me...if that makes sense...:/
^Lol I'll be adding that kick back in, you're right though, it was an attempt to keep the listener surprised, i'll look at something that will work better and I always struggle with getting my sounds
BIGGER but I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Add some liquid feel to the drops in the bassline, it sounds kinda dry. Split the bassline in low and mid / high bands, put some reverb on the mid / high. I recommend Valhalla Room / plate. Don't over do this, just subtle. I recommend listening on headphones for this subtle details finetuning.

- Add more FX more risers, you can't over do them: the riser at 0:51 sounds kinda meh, could be improved, just layer them.

- The breakdown is cool but can be improved too, why not add some automation on the bassline decay / release, so they sound more fluid, maybe also some reverb automation on the bassline as well.
^I'd already split the bass and done as you said, maybe I'm just not pushing the mid/high bands or Reverb enough.

lol I know what you mean with the 'meh' risers. I'll add some more in too and I'll try the automation's you mentioned.

Thanks

------------------
Timworth94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #9
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt
JayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2460

Its funny though i notice often deadmous uses like a double kick hit at points in songs, it suprises and breaks up the monotonous 4/4 kick pattern.

However, anytime i used it same thing here people say seems error at this part as the kick plays twice lol.

However, the space really did feel odd here..maybe u can do some kind of fill/roll with some kind of percussion...or a reverse cymbal or some other short fx

------------------
JayMSay is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:15 AM   #10
Paul Beltrami
Learning The Ropes
Paul Beltrami is currently spamming hard
English Riviera
MC Status: 10

I like it a lot, its just the sort of thing that I make but a little more commercial. What I make is very slightly harder but not a lot of difference at all. Shame you don't live closer as I'm currently in Devon because we could bounce ideas off of each other and share samples/banks etc.....

Ive literally just joined this forum tonight but when I post a couple of tracks up you should have a listen because its your kind of thing : )

Sounds good keep it up : )

Advertisements

Paul Beltrami is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote