[Electro House] V-Axis - Night Meeting
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
YoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud of
Medellin
MC Status: 1060
[Electro House] V-Axis - Night Meeting

Hey guys,

I just finished up this song, the title is based off this short tale from "The Martian Chronicles". Umh, this one doesn't really make sense structurally, you'll notice it's quite messy, loud and desperate, but i was having fun during the process so i wanted to finish it. I've learnt a couple of good things creating this one which is great, so would appreciate some honest brutal feedback as usual.

Also, i'm pretty sure by the time you play it you'll notice from what song the first part was "inspired/taken" from, hehe.

Thanks for listening.

Advertisements

YoSoyPincho is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro House] V-Axis - Night Meeting.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:41 PM   #2
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310
Re: [Electro House] V-Axis - Night Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoSoyPincho View Post
but i was having fun during the process so i wanted to finish it. I've learnt a couple of good things creating this one
^
That's it broooo eventually it shall click

Really liking the groove of the song. Structure wise its a little weird.. but the part at 2:48 that arp like synth "could" be your intro!!! The intro you currently have feels like its dragging a bit.

The overall vibe of the track is good tho.

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #3
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
YoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud of
Medellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyus View Post
^
That's it broooo eventually it shall click

Really liking the groove of the song. Structure wise its a little weird.. but the part at 2:48 that arp like synth "could" be your intro!!! The intro you currently have feels like its dragging a bit.

The overall vibe of the track is good tho.

Ah thanks a lot, man!

I like the idea of using that one as the intro, that part does sound like the intro indeed haha.

Must visualize things more clearly next time.

Appreciate your feedback.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:40 AM   #4
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Hey man, I'm gonna take a guess that the intro was inspired by the track "Voyager" by Daft Punk

Anyways, I really enjoyed the track man. The overall sound and vibe is totally awesome. It's a really exciting track but it doesn't feel super tiring or I don't feel exhausted by the time I finish listening to the track. I like how the track evolves and progresses throughout, it's so fast.

However, perhaps this is just me but I honestly felt like the song could have had more bass, either from the kick or from the actual bassline. As it is, it's pretty awesome but there's not enough bass to really give it that "oomph". The drop/hook/chorus feels lacking because of it.

Still, it's an awesome track so nice work man

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:14 AM   #5
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
Medellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukami Music View Post
Hey man, I'm gonna take a guess that the intro was inspired by the track "Voyager" by Daft Punk

Anyways, I really enjoyed the track man. The overall sound and vibe is totally awesome. It's a really exciting track but it doesn't feel super tiring or I don't feel exhausted by the time I finish listening to the track. I like how the track evolves and progresses throughout, it's so fast.

However, perhaps this is just me but I honestly felt like the song could have had more bass, either from the kick or from the actual bassline. As it is, it's pretty awesome but there's not enough bass to really give it that "oomph". The drop/hook/chorus feels lacking because of it.

Still, it's an awesome track so nice work man
Ding ding ding!! You got it right! Haha.

I truly appreciate your comments, i am glad you enjoyed it, and yes i am aware of the lack of bass here, like i uploaded four different versions of this track before leaving this one as the final version because of the bass issues, now i know what the problem is about, so i definitely have to take care of these levels next time.

Thanks a lot for the positive energy!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
ScampiOfWisdom
Learning The Ropes
ScampiOfWisdom is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoSoyPincho View Post
Umh, this one doesn't really make sense structurally
I'd disagree, I thought the structure worked great - there was enough variety to keep me listening and I was bobbing along by the end.

What it sounds like it is calling out for to me is a really catchy synth hook over the top (pentatonic perhaps?). Maybe something worth experimenting with.
ScampiOfWisdom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:54 AM   #7
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
Medellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScampiOfWisdom View Post
I'd disagree, I thought the structure worked great - there was enough variety to keep me listening and I was bobbing along by the end.

What it sounds like it is calling out for to me is a really catchy synth hook over the top (pentatonic perhaps?). Maybe something worth experimenting with.
Aah thanks a lot! I am glad you enjoyed it

I'll keep in mind to experiment with it more next time,

Appreciate it.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:02 AM   #8
SoloSaga
Sample Destroyer
SoloSaga will become famous soon enough
Ohio
MC Status: 60

Thoroughly enjoyed the track through and through.

Just some nitpicking...the glitch parts at 0.29 and 2.45 weren't really my style and kind of took me out of the groove I was bobbing to. Of course, this is my amateur opinion and overall I really like the track. Kept me interested the whole way through. And so what if the structure's wacky, it helps to be different and i thought it worked great. cheers

------------------
SoloSaga is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #9
Aurongroove
Soundscaper
Aurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond repute
West of Ireland
MC Status: 3010

Yeah, it hits the ear like a Toasted Sandwich full of Skittles.

The production is too squeezed (as you pointed out) but so is all of SebastiAn's work and he seems to be doing OK.

I can hear the fun, and as a "harmless" piece of work to listen to, it's lovely.

I would also like (as you pointed out) a clearer musical narrative, although it is kinda funny listening to it just go around not making any sense "HERE'S A BREAKDOWN BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW"

If you just relaxED the very high treble end a touch and humanized the actual soundwave a bit (I'd even love to do this for you, I got the perfect lil Mastering tool for it) I reckon you could just totally let this track be what it is. A happy little fucked up etude of, like, Hard French Electro Disco?
Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game meets Boyz Noize.

I'd love to hear you take on something more 'filthy',

------------------
a big Unregistered fan

Aurongroove is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:19 AM   #10
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
Medellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSaga View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the track through and through.

Just some nitpicking...the glitch parts at 0.29 and 2.45 weren't really my style and kind of took me out of the groove I was bobbing to. Of course, this is my amateur opinion and overall I really like the track. Kept me interested the whole way through. And so what if the structure's wacky, it helps to be different and i thought it worked great. cheers
Thanks a lot for your comments,

That's great it kept you grooving throughout the whole track,
i will be more careful with transitions in future creations indeed,
and thanks for the structure thing, but i think i must carry on an idea better and not so unorganized.

Appreciate it!
Old 07-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #11
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
Medellin

I will answer this thing by thing, because you just opened my eyes and nailed it with everything here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurongroove View Post
Yeah, it hits the ear like a Toasted Sandwich full of Skittles.
Hahah, you made me laugh hard with this one as you really captured the essence of this track really good, that's exactly what it is, a really saturated dish with no coherence whatsoever, and this helps me out to shape what my problem is when creating stuff.

Quote:
The production is too squeezed (as you pointed out) but so is all of SebastiAn's work and he seems to be doing OK.
Agree, but the point is to keep the dynamics more natural, not that overcompensated. True, SebastiAn's work seems hella compressed and it works for hundreds of producers and i could get away with it, why not?, but i really want my stuff to be audible and pleasant too.

Quote:
I can hear the fun, and as a "harmless" piece of work to listen to, it's lovely.
Love the satire here, really.

Quote:
I would also like (as you pointed out) a clearer musical narrative, although it is kinda funny listening to it just go around not making any sense "HERE'S A BREAKDOWN BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW"
Hahaha, again, you're way too accurate with these interpretations. That's exactly how i computed the different phrases in this track unfortunately, leading to this irrational, disjointed structure.

Quote:
If you just relaxED the very high treble end a touch and humanized the actual soundwave a bit...
This is so awakening. You pointed out the reason why i kept creating these obnoxious things without being aware of it, and it's precisely because i felt lacking criteria when mixing high-mids frequencies (It also might explain why the unwanted frequencies in the final result, and the crackly sound when soundcloud compresses the .wav)

Quote:
(I'd even love to do this for you, I got the perfect lil Mastering tool for it)
That would be really really cool if you could help me out with this issue. Although, i'd like to learn how to take care of this by my own.

Quote:
I reckon you could just totally let this track be what it is. A happy little fucked up etude of, like, Hard French Electro Disco?
Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game meets Boyz Noize.
I seriously feel like i am being set free with these comparisons of yours, "Hard French Electro Disco"! That's exactly myself not being decisive for any of those genres in particular, it's incredible how you point out so accurately this. Not that hard to stereotype me, huh?

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World The Game meets Boys Noize. That's basically an epileptic party right there. So on point.

Quote:
I'd love to hear you take on something more 'filthy',
Sounds perfect, a filthy track on its way.

Sir, i couldn't be thankful enough. You just helped me out to see clearly this annoying loop i was trapped in, it's like i like to screw up an idea by rushing and pouring every kind of ingredient i have available just because i like them separately. "I like ice cream, let's put some... beans are delicious too! let's add some... Oh! Chipotle sauce!!...." And it goes on and on...

I know now i might be part of a group of thousands of desperate youngsters trying to create "loud and cool music", truly Ridiculous, but hopefully i can step out of that eventually and get closer to a signature sound i can express myself under with honesty. I also must slow down a little and picture clearly what is it i want, and keep learning how to mix properly.

Cheers sir, this has been an incredibly remarkable contribution.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #12
Aurongroove
Soundscaper
Aurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond repute
West of Ireland
MC Status: 3010

I though I'd reply to your reply to my reply.

Cool stuff, I just try to be helpful and helpful, without coming across like a twat.

I'll PM you about that other thing.

------------------
a big Unregistered fan

Aurongroove is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:49 AM   #13
Paul Beltrami
Learning The Ropes
Paul Beltrami is currently spamming hard
English Riviera

Not what I make but I really like it, especially the scattered drops. very daft punk. I wonder what it would sound like with some great vocals as those parts that drag a tiny bit could have that extra element of vocals on them to spice it up a bit.... Great effort : )
Paul Beltrami is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:22 AM   #14
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
Medellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Beltrami View Post
Not what I make but I really like it, especially the scattered drops. very daft punk. I wonder what it would sound like with some great vocals as those parts that drag a tiny bit could have that extra element of vocals on them to spice it up a bit.... Great effort : )
Thanks a lot! i am glad you enjoyed it.

Agree, already considered to include vocals in future creations, so i will be working on it.

Appreciate it
Old 17-09-2016, 04:19 AM   #15
michaelgoloSVA
Regular Freak
michaelgoloSVA is currently spamming hard
Vancouver

Nice dude, really digging the bass at the drop! The break is really sick too, panned synth I'm not a huge fan of though, especially when it's really noticeable. Cool track man, thumbs up!

Advertisements

michaelgoloSVA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: jauz