[techno/industrial] Foil - Shelter
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
foilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura about
Zg
MC Status: 210
[techno/industrial] Foil - Shelter

Hi to all, here is track i did last, working one few new ones, well, the sound is hard to describe, in my opinion is mixture of industrial/techno/noise, but i will leave it to you.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

foilmusiq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Stupid radio music
Thanks to foilmusiq
lolirl (01-11-2016)
Rate this track - [techno/industrial] Foil - Shelter.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #2
synkrotron
Analog Lurker
synkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant future
Warrington
MC Status: 1560
Re: [techno/industrial] Foil - Shelter

Never a good idea to leave genre advice to me

As this kind of music is not normally on my play list, I actually found it quite pleasant. I think the closest I could get to this in my personal music collection it Future Sound Of London.

I liked the lack of clutter.

Nothing at all stands out a "grating" in the mix, if you know what I mean.

cheers

andy

------------------
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | Sonar Platinum | Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
synkrotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Foil - Shelter
Old 12-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
kennytynan
Minor Glitch
kennytynan will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

its certainly different.

I like what you did with the beat though. Interesting and Experimental.
kennytynan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #4
loonatix
Learning The Ropes
loonatix is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Some nice creepy sounds in there. Nice ambiente. Thumbs up...
loonatix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #5
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
foilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura about
Zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Never a good idea to leave genre advice to me

As this kind of music is not normally on my play list, I actually found it quite pleasant. I think the closest I could get to this in my personal music collection it Future Sound Of London.

I liked the lack of clutter.

Nothing at all stands out a "grating" in the mix, if you know what I mean.

cheers

andy
Haha, generes are overated Glad is pleasant to you
Old 13-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #6
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837677

As I am currently going through a mid life techno craze...im listening to any techno submissions. I think I know where you are coming from with the genre and I have to agree, more FSOL for me.

Really nice use of sounds, well mixed and balanced, each sound has its space and nothing clashing. Good quality track. Congrats.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 01:46 AM   #7
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8610

nixe mix, nice composition and structure, but also example of how lack of lead can make song empty or maybe it was intentionally ? i would throw more sounds here and there if i were you

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 07:05 AM   #8
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
Zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by D42K732202 View Post
nixe mix, nice composition and structure, but also example of how lack of lead can make song empty or maybe it was intentionally ? i would throw more sounds here and there if i were you
Well, it is intentional, i do not like too melodic stuff and adding lead sounds to techno tracks are not my cup of tea, my opinion in some noise/industrial techno do not need leads i have to say that in my opinion this track is not empty, and if it sounds empty it is not because lack of leads sound. cheers
Old 14-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #9
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
Zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
As I am currently going through a mid life techno craze...im listening to any techno submissions. I think I know where you are coming from with the genre and I have to agree, more FSOL for me.

Really nice use of sounds, well mixed and balanced, each sound has its space and nothing clashing. Good quality track. Congrats.

FSOL, second pearson to say that, well, nice, maybee because of lofi sounds, do not know newer been fan of FSOL and do not trying to mimic them, have influences in lot of generes and artist, but not in them
Old 14-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #10
synkrotron
Analog Lurker
synkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant futuresynkrotron has a brilliant future
Warrington
MC Status: 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilmusiq View Post
FSOL, second pearson to say that, well, nice, maybee because of lofi sounds, do not know newer been fan of FSOL and do not trying to mimic them, have influences in lot of generes and artist, but not in them
FSOL covered a lot of ground to be honest, which is probably why I liked them so much. Funny thing is, the only time I ever went browsing around the "Dance Music" section of the record shops was to either pick up an FSOL album and, just the once, I picked up Massive Attack's Mezzanine, which I thought was awesome.

If I was to select a particular FSOL style for this piece it would probably be something like the Accelerator album...

------------------
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | Sonar Platinum | Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
synkrotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 11:08 PM   #11
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 26560

This is cool man, I like how minimal it is.
To me it sounds like more mellow orphx.
I liked it, as I've also been on a bit of a darker techno binge lately.
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #12
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
Zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
This is cool man, I like how minimal it is.
To me it sounds like more mellow orphx.
I liked it, as I've also been on a bit of a darker techno binge lately.
Thanx! Glad you like it!
Old 25-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #13
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
Zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
FSOL covered a lot of ground to be honest, which is probably why I liked them so much. Funny thing is, the only time I ever went browsing around the "Dance Music" section of the record shops was to either pick up an FSOL album and, just the once, I picked up Massive Attack's Mezzanine, which I thought was awesome.

If I was to select a particular FSOL style for this piece it would probably be something like the Accelerator album...
I tried to listen them again, FSOL, but not my cup of tea

------------------
Old 26-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #14
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388499
Thanked 5,090 Times in 3,319 Posts

This is good. Doesn't get boring, nice sound palette. Has a good structure to it.

I liked it a lot, cheers for sharing

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #15
st3aLth
Soundscaper
st3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3410

Dark techno smt

------------------
st3aLth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #16
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
Zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3aLth View Post
Dark techno smt
Yes it is dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
This is good. Doesn't get boring, nice sound palette. Has a good structure to it.

I liked it a lot, cheers for sharing
Thanks, glad you like it.

------------------
Old 30-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #17
Emmanuel G.
Microknight
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210

this is very good music, I wish I could do minimalistic stuff like that, that doesn't get boring after a minute or two.

You're really good at creating atmospheres, it's very trippy
Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #18
Orray
Soundscaper
Orray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Real nice and dark. Could do with less compression on the mid-frequencies at times. Seems to get a bit too much on my monitors, but could just be me.

------------------
Orray is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #19
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031891
Thanked 7,289 Times in 4,527 Posts

Kind of reminded me of Simon Shreeve/Monic and Osiris Records.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:44 AM   #20
st3aLth
Soundscaper
st3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3410

This sounds amazing dude. Can't say much besides that! Keep it going!

Advertisements

st3aLth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote