[dark ambient] Aifos encounter at south park - Recorded live - Promo single 2014
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 19-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
velqn
Microknight
velqn has a spectacular aura aboutvelqn has a spectacular aura aboutvelqn has a spectacular aura about
Sofia
MC Status: 210
[dark ambient] Aifos encounter at south park - Recorded live - Promo single 2014

Hello folks,

this tune is more atmospheric, dark, compared to my usual stuff. But then again, the only usual stuff is that nothing is really that usual.

It is recorded entirely live on Logic X with my Akai LPK 25. I am changing the approach to music making/with computers. I am recording a lot live, improvisation, than at some point I will gather the best stuff I like and might reconsider to do more editing.

Advertisements

------------------
velqn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [dark ambient] Aifos encounter at south park - Recorded live - Promo single 2014.
Old 19-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897
Re: [dark ambient] Aifos encounter at south park - Recorded live - Promo single 2014

I was expecting drones with a hint of dark mood, but this works very well. The first more happier, melodic part made the more darker part seem like a drastic change, I wished for slower evolving there. The later part has a very nice melody and sound decisions, but the more electronic sounding saw doesn't work for me, but just an opinion. The echo/delay sound is amazing too.

Very well composed piece and sounds amazing, but it sounds like 2 different songs to me.

Edit: I just read it's live, you're very talented!
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
velqn
Microknight
velqn has a spectacular aura aboutvelqn has a spectacular aura aboutvelqn has a spectacular aura about
Sofia
Re: [dark ambient] Aifos encounter at south park - Recorded live - Promo single 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mctoast View Post
I was expecting drones with a hint of dark mood, but this works very well. The first more happier, melodic part made the more darker part seem like a drastic change, I wished for slower evolving there. The later part has a very nice melody and sound decisions, but the more electronic sounding saw doesn't work for me, but just an opinion. The echo/delay sound is amazing too.

Very well composed piece and sounds amazing, but it sounds like 2 different songs to me.

Edit: I just read it's live, you're very talented!
Thank you Mctoast!

I do also come to this conclusion that it`s like two different songs/themes mixed along, I will have to work out something, split, or evolve slower like you suggest.

The Saw bass - true - comes kind of a sudden, would try to drop it, or use a pad instead.

If you like the live recording check out my previous two live recorded tracks:

and this too

I just decided to switch the approach, back in the years I would perform music for 30% and than use 70% to play with EQs, effects, mastering and at the end I am not a sound engeinner, just want to be a hobby musician.

Nowadays I also have a kid (3 months) so time is really of essence. So now I sit for 2 hours, explore some themes, record them and this is it.

At some point I might take best 10 tunes and make them proper tracks or... just as well release them like this.

Regards and thanks!

------------------
Old 19-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897

I really like the sound design you have for the instruments, some sounds very acoustic, while others have electronic feel to them, it's a nice combination of both. The "bleeping" sound in the background of the 2nd song is really nice, these songs definitely have a lot of effects and filters as you mentioned. They have a nice crafted feeling to them, but still feels like a jam instead of something that follows a pattern.

I hope you have more time for music in the future.
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388349
Thanked 5,087 Times in 3,317 Posts

Tagging for later as I'm just about out of time for today but I liked the start. I'll be back

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
Solarite
-
Solarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MC
Mid
MC Status: 63769894

This is dark and I like it!

I have no problem at all with the transitions. I listen to a lot of prog rock and stuff, so I revel in contrasting sections of music! They really work. I like the saw bass too.

The only thing that got to me a little, not too much though, is that the keys are slightly sloppy in the playing. I know time is a bit of a problem for you, so it might be more than your time's worth to fix it. To be honest though, I much prefer a well written piece played by a real human over surgically played rubbish, and this is the former.

Good work man. I'll follow you on SC.

------------------
Solarite is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #7
velqn
Microknight
Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarite View Post
This is dark and I like it!

I have no problem at all with the transitions. I listen to a lot of prog rock and stuff, so I revel in contrasting sections of music! They really work. I like the saw bass too.

The only thing that got to me a little, not too much though, is that the keys are slightly sloppy in the playing. I know time is a bit of a problem for you, so it might be more than your time's worth to fix it. To be honest though, I much prefer a well written piece played by a real human over surgically played rubbish, and this is the former.

Good work man. I'll follow you on SC.
Seems that there could be more to this tune, I will certainly revise it in time. You are right, the piano part is bit of sloppy I have to isolate the idea and work on it. I have on purposed disabled the metronome cause I wanted to have a more "natural" recording feeling, even some of the notes coming not straight/arrhythmical - but then again - this have to be drive to a certain extent after it - it`s just sloppy

Regards,

V

Advertisements

------------------