[Tech-House-ish] Waxweather-I Need True Love
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526820
[Tech-House-ish] Waxweather-I Need True Love(don't worry, its not a love song ;)

Any feedback would be cool, thanks!

Last edited by agent; 11-11-2017 at 09:43 PM..

Advertisements

agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Tech-House-ish] Waxweather-I Need True Love.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
SaneTBP
Minor Glitch
SaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to all
Espoo
MC Status: 560
Re: [Tech-House-ish] Waxweather-I Need True Love

Left you some feedback on SC! Hope my repetitive ramblings proved to be somewhat useful. Cool track for the most part, I would've liked to hear more of those ambient pads that played on the back of the mix at times, I really loved the sound of those!
SaneTBP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526820

Thanks! especially for the suggestion that my percussion was panned too hard, if I get some more feedback that is an issue I'll tighten them up. I actually was trying for a wide percussion track, with snare and snare like sounds more centered. But perhaps I got carried away, and I don't have the most professional mixing environment either.

Thanks again
agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:16 AM   #4
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21460

I think this sounds more IDM than tech-house. Still a very rhythmic and almost danceable brand of IDM. Maybe a bit of harshness in some of the cymbals that could use some notch filtering to smooth out their resonances, but that's about all that jumps out at me. On the other hand, some of those cymbals sound really good and cut through because of that... I suppose that's up to you!

I went back to double check the wideness and it wasn't bad, but I think you could just get away with narrowing the whole mix 5 or 10% on the master outs or in mastering if you want to tighten it up some.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:35 AM   #5
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388499
Thanked 5,090 Times in 3,319 Posts

First squidge is a little too loud. Love the feel. Agree with previous panning comment.

If I had to desperately truffle around for something to complain about it might involve lack of cowbell.

Early Human League feel with up-to-date loudness.

Enjoyed lots and reminded me of something I was thinking of getting around to

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #6
SaneTBP
Minor Glitch
SaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to all
Espoo
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
Thanks! especially for the suggestion that my percussion was panned too hard, if I get some more feedback that is an issue I'll tighten them up. I actually was trying for a wide percussion track, with snare and snare like sounds more centered. But perhaps I got carried away, and I don't have the most professional mixing environment either.

Thanks again
Yeah no problem, feel free to hmu on SC if you want feedback on some other stuff of yours some time.

Advertisements

SaneTBP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote