[HIP HOP] LDKitz - Still Here
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
LDKitz
Granular Poster
LDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810
[HIP HOP] LDKitz - Still Here

Whassup peeps , some time has passed since my last upload but , im back with a simple yet nice beat.
If u like it , let me know what y'all think about the overall sound , especially about the bass. ( the bounce too tho ).

Peace.

Advertisements

LDKitz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Still Here.
Old 16-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
PeteVai
Analog Lurker
PeteVai has a spectacular aura aboutPeteVai has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 160
Re: [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Still Here

This is some Immortal Technique style beat !
I like the bassline and the melodies overall, oldschool

Maybe I'd lower the volume of the main melody, appart from that there's nothing I would change.

------------------
PeteVai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #3
einmeier
Granular Poster
einmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1709

The symbiosis of the string and bass is really nice, the beats and groove sounds indeed - i agree to PeteVai - like 'oldschool', but this is without any judgement. The arrangement could maybe get graded up a bit when allowing the instrumental to have sort of a bridge / break, intro and outro, otherwise for me non-hiphop-enthusiast, the 3:10 sounds like just one loop with tiny variations. I'm aware that hundredthousands of hiphop-tunes basically consist on one single loop, but some variety would be fun! Overall: nice one
einmeier is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #4
LDKitz
Granular Poster
LDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to behold

Appreciate the feedback
Old 19-10-2017, 10:04 PM   #5
Saucetm
IDMf's latest spammer
Saucetm is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Love the vibe Old school hip hop is what I grew up with and will always dig it. Also the chopped sample is cool. I'd suggest though to add some punch to your drums and your beat will get more power. I feel like snare is a bit too far in the mix and lacks some of the attack. Maybe try to use compressor with a quick-ish attack around 7-10ms on it and a quick release. That's how you'll shape it to have more powerful transients. Follow this with a limiter of max -3dB GR, so the transients won't use your headroom. Also a nice trick with old school hip hop beats is to use a compressor on hi hats which is sidechained to kick and snare, so your hats will get some groove and be less 'programmed' if that makes sense. Nice job though!
Saucetm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #6
LDKitz
Granular Poster

Thx for the suggestions

Advertisements