[musique concrete; ambient; piano] aboombong - aphronesis (repost to get this right)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 13-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
aboombong
Granular Poster
aboombong will become famous soon enough
Seattle
MC Status: 66
[musique concrete; ambient; piano] aboombong - aphronesis (repost to get this right)

Put this up a little while ago without following the rules. Trying to make up for that here.

First foray into playing/composing with piano. Very interested in feedback on this. Recorded entirely on a Surface Pro with in-device mics, warped with audacity. All sounds come from the piano...less processing than you might imagine.

Advertisements

------------------
aboombong is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to aboombong
666 (14-07-2016)
Old 14-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
Knob Twiddler
666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute
#Quit IDMf
MC Status: 7010
Re: [musique concrete; ambient; piano] aboombong - aphronesis (repost to get this rig

Oh yeah. This is right up my alley.

I'm downloading it now, and I'll probably have a lot more to say after giving it an appropriate listen. I'd also be interested in hearing what kind of processing was done (if any) , but I'm going to let the music do the talking and try not to get ahead of myself.

I'm already glad you reposted this, I will say that.

------------------
666 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
aboombong
Granular Poster
Seattle
Re: [musique concrete; ambient; piano] aboombong - aphronesis (repost to get this rig

Thanks 666,

I will wait for questions about processing. Nothing fancy. Just native Audacity filters. Mostly played with filters for changing speed, tempo, pitch, but also did a bit of compression/reverb. Was quite surprised at how well the on-board mics from the Surface worked.

------------------
Currently Listening To: https://stararzeka.bandcamp.com/album/zamkn-y-si-oczy-ziemi-instant-classic
Old 19-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
Macspider
Granular Poster
Macspider is just really niceMacspider is just really niceMacspider is just really niceMacspider is just really nice
Vienna
MC Status: 360

Man, you chilled the fuck out of me Very nice mellow melodies... they flow.
Macspider is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 10:19 PM   #5
aboombong
Granular Poster
Seattle

Glad I could help. We need some calm these crazy days.

Advertisements

------------------