New solo album from Michael of DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
mholloway
Master of the LFO
mholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MC
Portland, Oregon, USA
MC Status: 1436009
New solo album from Michael of DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

I've released my first official solo album, titled GUILT NOIR by Michael Arthur Holloway.

Some of you may know me for my work as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER, my electro-industrial project, signed to ArtOfFact Records / Storming The Base.

Well, my first solo album is something else entirely -- 10 tracks of instrumental Doom Jazz, reminiscent of Angelo Badalamenti's soundtrack to Twin Peaks and the scores to countless classic Film Noir movies. Check it out! This could be your new soundtrack for late night walks...

bandcamp streaming / buying (whole album):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

soundcloud streaming (the first song only):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by mholloway; 05-02-2016 at 08:18 PM..

Advertisements

------------------

a modern twist on old-school electro-industrial music:
https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/deadwhenifoundher
mholloway is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mholloway
candlesayshi (13-05-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 108250
Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,390 Posts
Re: New solo album from Michael of DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

Your description sounds really interesting - I'll check this out later for sure.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541480
Thanked 7,011 Times in 4,983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Your description sounds really interesting - I'll check this out later for sure.
TBH "Doom Jazz" put me off...but it being like Twin Peaks' OST has me interested.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:08 PM   #4
mholloway
Master of the LFO
mholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MC
Portland, Oregon, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
TBH "Doom Jazz" put me off...but it being like Twin Peaks' OST has me interested.
And yet people keep saying how Genre tags don't matter I realize jazz throws a lot of people, and even more people don't have a working definition of what 'doom' means in relation to recorded music...Nonetheless, I still think it's the best descriptor for this work: dark, melancholy, slow-tempo, atmospheric music composed almost entirely with jazz instrumentation: brush drums, rhodes electric piano, upright bass, tenor saxophone, trumpet, marimba. And some synth drones to help with the Doom qualities

-M

------------------

Old 13-05-2016, 04:12 PM   #5
Harko City
Minor Glitch
Harko City is just really niceHarko City is just really niceHarko City is just really niceHarko City is just really nice
Indiana
MC Status: 360

Good stuff, mellow and mysterious. Very nice.
Harko City is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #6
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281249
Thanked 1,174 Times in 754 Posts

oooOOOooo... Definitely checking this out

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 10:24 PM   #7
MikeyOSB
Knob Twiddler
MikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond repute
Armpit of the North
MC Status: 2160

Lift your Curtain is really an awesome quality track. I love your music and most of all I appreciate that you are willing to talk with "normal" people like me. A lot of guys in your position could start to get full of themselves. If I ever make it in music I want to be a lot like you.

------------------
MikeyOSB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MikeyOSB
Old 27-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #8
mholloway
Master of the LFO
Portland, Oregon, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyOSB View Post
Lift your Curtain is really an awesome quality track. I love your music and most of all I appreciate that you are willing to talk with "normal" people like me. A lot of guys in your position could start to get full of themselves. If I ever make it in music I want to be a lot like you.
Cheers to that! Thanks for the interest & support, and I'll continue to be around to chat / help out with whatever.

------------------

Thanks to mholloway
Old 30-05-2016, 07:20 AM   #9
MikeyOSB
Knob Twiddler
MikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond repute
Armpit of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholloway View Post
Cheers to that! Thanks for the interest & support, and I'll continue to be around to chat / help out with whatever.
I hope that booze is gluten free lol

------------------
Old 02-06-2016, 09:29 PM   #10
MikeyOSB
Knob Twiddler
Armpit of the North

Allow me to explain. It's just a lame joke. I have Celiac disease and sometimes it can be difficult to find safe food and drink to eat.

Advertisements

------------------