[IDM/Ambient/Postrock] c.db.sn "Terrestrial" (out Tues March 4th)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 24-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1536277
Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,251 Posts
[IDM/Ambient/Postrock] c.db.sn "Terrestrial" (out Tues March 4th)

c.db.sn - Terrestrial

Tuesday March 4th 2014, Terrestrial will be released and available at Bandcamp.com. Terrestrial is a re-mastered collection of c.db.sn's compilation appearances, collaborations, remixes, b-sides and previously unreleased material. For the first time, songs released on Hymen, Tympanik Audio, Plastic Sound Supply, Crime League and Component Recordings will be available as a cohesive overview of c.db.sn output from 2008 to present. This collection offers a unique perspective into the evolution of the c.db.sn sound with material spanning multiple genres; Drone Ambient, Post-Industrial, IDM, Post-Rock, and Techno are all represented with signature melancholy, yet hopeful aesthetic and atmospheric touch.

c.db.sn is the solo project of Denver, CO producer Chase Dobson. Beginning in 2008 with his release "Into the Deep" on Denver's Elseproduct Records, Dobson began displaying a strong sense of atmosphere, mood and texture in his music. He followed up with "…at the end of it all" and "…at the end of it all remixed" on Chicago's Tympanik Audio Records in 2011, further developing his ethereal and atmospheric brand of music with punctuated heavy low end and driving fractured beats. Beyond his technical talents, Dobson continues to create emotive, powerful music that deeply resonates with his audience.

"…what remains is c.db.sn's skillful use of balancing fluctuating temperatures with such an expansive breed of genres. Smothered in its own distinctive palette of sound sources c.db.sn continues a darkened trajectory that touches every sense along the way…" -Igloomag.com

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: [IDM/Ambient/Postrock] c.db.sn "Terrestrial" (out Tues March 4th)

ive been listening to your stuff in the fawn, if its the same, i'm in. ive never commented or said shit because i feel like i know what you're doing. and you have that in studio knowledge i know you got. so this ought to be good.

i like the album picture allot too, emotive. excited for the release(s).

btw does Denver have a cool music scene? why are you there, that's how life is? work? significant other? why not come to LA, yeah there's smog but lot more pools to dip your toes into if you catch my meaning? just a curious inquiry. cause like i said, don't you tech for people/engineer and stuff?

tl:dr; is the work good in Denver?

Last edited by SKYCORE; 26-02-2014 at 03:52 AM..
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 04:45 AM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8540980
Thanked 7,001 Times in 4,975 Posts

Awesome. I will be picking this up : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 05:10 AM   #4
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
ive been listening to your stuff in the fawn, if its the same, i'm in. ive never commented or said shit because i feel like i know what you're doing. and you have that in studio knowledge i know you got. so this ought to be good.

i like the album picture allot too, emotive. excited for the release(s).

btw does Denver have a cool music scene? why are you there, that's how life is? work? significant other? why not come to LA, yeah there's smog but lot more pools to dip your toes into if you catch my meaning? just a curious inquiry. cause like i said, don't you tech for people/engineer and stuff?

tl:dr; is the work good in Denver?
Appreciated, really.

The photo was taken by my friend Brent Nicholas, he's the most amazing colorblind nighttime photographer I've ever encountered, and my lady does my graphic design. Its pretty great having talented people around I can lean on, as my skills lie in audio, and if left up to me, I'd make something in MS Paint and call it good.

The stuff I've been workin on for FAWM is an evolution of the material you'll hear on this release. these 21 songs are sort of me letting go of some of the more tech driven music (IDM etc) to make room for vocals and a more songwriter type approach. That said, there are a ton of "common threads" in all of my work so if you liked some of the FAWM tunes there will be something in here for you.

I love Denver. its kind of a small town by comparison to LA and the jobscene here blows, but man... just love it here.

a move to LA has been on the table for a long time now, i think eventually I'll be there, but i go for work a lot and to be honest it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. maybe i only associate it with work. not sure. also, winter plz and thank you. I lived on FL for about 12 years and lack of seasonal change gets to me.

------------------
Old 26-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

first review is in!

(for those of you who self-release, don't forget to send out a preemptive press release to people who may review your stuff)!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 27-02-2014, 03:42 AM   #6
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943731
Thanked 5,711 Times in 3,598 Posts

I will be keeping an eye on YOU, Chase Dobson. Some great tunes on your BC page, I am keenly interested.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #7
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

c.db.sn "Terrestrial" now available!

------------------
Old 04-03-2014, 04:07 AM   #8
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Everyone should be running to grab this as fast as they can...

In my humble opinion that is.

Stunning.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:57 AM   #9
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Downloaded for optimal listening awesomeness!

------------------
Old 04-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #10
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

thanks fellas.

it means a lot.

------------------
Old 04-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
thanks fellas.

it means a lot.
I know you said your fawm tracks were different but I am really stoked to hear how you do idm.

------------------
Old 04-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

appreciate the sticky!

------------------
Old 12-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #13
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35996296

Some really nice sounds in this. Enjoying the listen immensely.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #14
Lena_Mauve
Learning The Ropes
Lena_Mauve is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Very nice sound!!

Advertisements

Lena_Mauve is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote