Abandoned tracks - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Abandoned Tracks & Remixes
Got a track or a song that you've spent ages on and aren't getting anywhere with?
Just rediscovered some half finished stuff on an old HD in your loft and can't be arsed to go back to them?
Don't let those tracks go to digital heaven just yet.
Why not stem them out and donate them here for other members to mess with and do as they please?

« - | - »
Old 30-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #21
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026191
Thanked 7,175 Times in 4,464 Posts
Re: Abandoned tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ƭ̵̬̊ View Post
I really admire this idea. I'll dig through the recesses of my cavernous hard drives and see what relics I can excavate for this.

Bravo.
Nice one matey, it's not been our most popular thread so far but it's worth leaving open I reckon, it could build over the next few years, who knows?

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Trusty Steed (30-09-2014)
Old 30-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
mister_crow
Soundwave Mangler
mister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond repute
A tree in Verulamium
MC Status: 2210

This is a great idea, I'll have a look through old projects for any stems that might be worthy of the forum...

I'll have a look at what others have posted when I get back this eve, I might try and make a song exclusively out of these when they build a little

------------------
Learn! About the lizard men controlling our lives! Hear! Some music I made! See! A waveform steadily becoming a slightly different grey! Coming to a forum post near you soon.
https://soundcloud.com/mister_crow/entities-wip
http://mistercrow.bandcamp.com/album/to-ep
mister_crow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mister_crow
lolirl (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #23
mister_crow
Soundwave Mangler
mister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond repute
A tree in Verulamium
MC Status: 2210

Okay, I went through some of my unfinished projects - because a lot of the time I start off using relatively generic samples as placeholders, I've only really stemmed out the bits that I think aren't too generic. So there's no full song here, it's a bit more like a sample pack really...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Learn! About the lizard men controlling our lives! Hear! Some music I made! See! A waveform steadily becoming a slightly different grey! Coming to a forum post near you soon.
https://soundcloud.com/mister_crow/entities-wip
http://mistercrow.bandcamp.com/album/to-ep
mister_crow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mister_crow
lolirl (01-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #24
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390479

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
I wish I could be able to name my project folders properly, not like "meh", "noiz" or "yoloswagcore" that tells me nothing what's inside them after I decide to check them out later and if it's finished or not.
do this as soon as you can. my old projects before i got a new laptop where ALL "meh" "bullshit projv3" "fucked in the ass drunk fuck it" "i dont even knooo" and it helped worth shit- start labeling your tracks with the software project name followed by "unfinished"--- so if your software has project numbers on it- start labeling them- when i get to a point in my track that i just dont really wanna finish it, DON't just trash it. its good to stop what you're doing and clesr your head- this is wonderful advice so you dont drill your track into the ground- if you lost your inspiration, DONT FORCE IT!- just do what i do now- "719 unfinished"- that way if u ever really like it when u listen to it in itunes or w.e.- you have the project number to open up if u get that inspiration back

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to djoxygen
deadmau7 (04-10-2014)
Old 05-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #25
arm23
Soundwave Mangler
arm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

SomeOldTracks

Last edited by arm23; 05-10-2014 at 02:22 PM..

------------------
Here is the track
arm23 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to arm23
lolirl (05-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #26
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262785979
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,769 Posts

Here's a pile of abandoned crap. It's got sound bits I never got around to using, midis for melodies I never fully realized, and a small selection of dumb mic recordings taken while fucking around with buddies.

Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:28 AM   #27
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280999
Thanked 1,169 Times in 751 Posts

Not going to do anything with this little loop:

120bpm - F#m

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
lolirl (10-10-2014)
Old 25-10-2014, 01:15 AM   #28
Mellow
Knob Twiddler
Mellow is a splendid one to beholdMellow is a splendid one to beholdMellow is a splendid one to beholdMellow is a splendid one to beholdMellow is a splendid one to beholdMellow is a splendid one to beholdMellow is a splendid one to behold
Pennsylvania
MC Status: 760

This thread is a rad idea.

------------------
Mellow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mellow
lolirl (11-01-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #29
Synoiz
Regular Freak
Synoiz has a spectacular aura aboutSynoiz has a spectacular aura aboutSynoiz has a spectacular aura about
Sunderland
MC Status: 210

This is a brilliant idea, I'll have a look and see if I can dig out any of my never-gonna-be-released-or-finished tracks and slap them up somewhere. Has anything been made of the tracks posted so far?
Synoiz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Synoiz
lolirl (11-01-2016)
Old 16-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #30
radiowaves
Savage Mad Cunt
radiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MC
MC Status: 24505865

Some dubbish idea I made a few years ago.

------------------
radiowaves is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 11:05 PM   #31
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834777

Smashing idea, only just seen this thread and been toying with the idea myself for a while.

Will dig some out and get involved

------------------
MFXxx is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
lolirl (18-11-2016)
Old 18-11-2016, 08:06 AM   #32
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

It's an old thread but people seem to like the idea.
The more the merrier.
Old 18-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #33
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834777

I hadn't realised until I posted and fetched some of the links. Thought I'd see what other community projects are happening outside of the Beat battles.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
MFXxx is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
lolirl (18-11-2016)
Old 20-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #34
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37710

Jesus, Mediafire is forever.

If anyone wants to dump shit off without signing up for stupid crap, go MF

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #35
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20360

When I first started making music I really wanted to make trap music, here is one of my pathetic attempts I found on my HD, get ready to cringe.

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #36
lolirl
Administrator

I think you missed the point of the thread dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Got a track or a song that you've spent ages on and aren't getting anywhere with?
Just rediscovered some half finished stuff on an old HD in your loft and can't be arsed to go back to them?
Don't let those tracks go to digital heaven just yet.
Why not stem them out and donate them here for other members to mess with and do as they please?
Thanks to lolirl
MFXxx (14-03-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 07:06 AM   #37
lolirl
Administrator

I want to revive this idea and if it's popular then I'm thinking of using it as a basis for some new IDMf remix release series.

Get your abandoned stems donated now.
Usual rules apply. i.e. you must have the rights to share any material you share or the project will be removed.
Thanks to lolirl
A.M (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #38
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174960
Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,612 Posts

I know I've got a lot of fluff sitting on my production HD..and I seriously doubt I'm ever going to reword all of them myself, so I'll take a look and see what I want to dump. They might come in handy for mangling or chopping up for somebody else to use in something of their own.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Vault O))) (02-09-2017)

« - | - »