[Classical] Emmanuel G. - Moonlight Sonata on a Korg Odyssey
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
Emmanuel G.
Microknight
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2310
[Classical] Emmanuel G. - Moonlight Sonata on a Korg Odyssey

working on the two other parts, but they aren't as "easy" (not that this one was either, but at least I could relate to my playing it on the piano)

Last edited by A.M; 08-02-2018 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Fixed Title

Advertisements

Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Emmanuel G.
Automageddon (09-02-2018)
Rate this track - [Classical] Emmanuel G. - Moonlight Sonata on a Korg Odyssey.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #2
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760
Re: [Classical] Emmanuel G. - Moonlight Sonata on a Korg Odyssey

No idea how classical music should sound on Korg. For a moment I was waiting for a kick
I guess it is hard to recreate the variable tension and sensitivity of the piano keys. Also, on the piano it is way more atmospheric imo... Korg sound makes it a bit hah futuristic/cosmic....
Also, those high pitches irritate a bit my ears (but it's more personal, my ears are very sensitive).
Hope Beethoven would be happy with your interpretation
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269478708
Thanked 3,102 Times in 2,052 Posts

Nice bit of Switched On Beethoven!

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:58 PM   #4
Emmanuel G.
Microknight
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPNDP View Post
No idea how classical music should sound on Korg. For a moment I was waiting for a kick
I guess it is hard to recreate the variable tension and sensitivity of the piano keys. Also, on the piano it is way more atmospheric imo... Korg sound makes it a bit hah futuristic/cosmic....
Also, those high pitches irritate a bit my ears (but it's more personal, my ears are very sensitive).
Hope Beethoven would be happy with your interpretation
Hi, thanks for commenting and for your input, fortunately, I have played the piece myself on the piano, so I had that as a reference to start. I wanted to recreate my own interpretation but with other instruments than a piano and two hands. But it is still from one single instrument. I don't pretend that my interpretation is best, or even accurate to the piece, it certainly isn't.

As for the futuristic/cosmic, this kind of music makes me think a lot about hans zimmer, in that case his take on the Interstellar OST, I felt the music seemed to be going in that direction.

That, and also the relationship I have between myself, classical music and psychedelic experiences, so I always seem to be listening to classical music with a somewhat "cosmic" (for lack of a better word) lens. I like the grandiose yet very sensible approach of romantic and post romantic music, Wagner's operas or Mahler symphonies. They are so big, yet so deep and universal, this is something I really want to achieve one day, maybe I won't ever get there, but I sure can try my best.

Sorry for your ears man, I kinda like noisy stuff, I went easy on that one, I made another version (earlier) that was much much more noisy :p

Beethoven, man I don't know what he would have thought of that. But I guess his music outlives him and that's the best a musician can ever hope to achieve, so he's probably alright with my little noises. I did it with heart and sincere appreciation of his work.

Synths are expressive in a way that I think works great with classical music
Old 11-02-2018, 01:36 AM   #5
Sound--
Granular Poster
Sound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

I think a faster tempo would translate better on this synth. You do lose some of the piano subtleties with key depth, loudness, and phrasing.

However, no matter the medium I love me some Beethoven! I agree the horns have a Zimmer sound.

I like the variation, speaking as a lover of this piece. Nice work!

Last edited by Sound--; 11-02-2018 at 01:44 AM..
Sound-- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:44 PM   #6
Emmanuel G.
Microknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound-- View Post
I think a faster tempo would translate better on this synth. You do lose some of the piano subtleties with key depth, loudness, and phrasing.

However, no matter the medium I love me some Beethoven! I agree the horns have a Zimmer sound.

I like the variation, speaking as a lover of this piece. Nice work!
thanks man, it means a lot, I understand I have quite personal interpretations, and I wouldn't be the one to say whether or not they are "good" or "correct" even.
but my music is as honest as I can make it.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:17 PM   #7
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 4110

Man, I love the 80's sound this synth produces. Really cool idea. the dissonances really stick out lol Great work

I had to add this bit in. I feel like the person I trusted with my life and secrets has betrayed me by revealing he is a terminator set back in time to kill me. Thats how the song makes me feel.

Last edited by Bergnermd; 08-03-2018 at 12:30 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote