How do I control volume with Windows sound driver while using Asio4All v2?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 16-01-2018, 08:49 PM   #1
Xenon
IDMf Artist
Xenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond repute
Gangster's Paradise
MC Status: 4160
How do I control volume with Windows sound driver while using Asio4All v2?

Hey guys, it's been a really long time since I last posted on this forum but I'm lurking around every now and then.

I am experiencing some issues with my ASIO4All drivers which I haven't experienced before and wondered if any of you guys can help me sort it out.

When I choose ASIO4All as my sound driver in FLStudio, the output volume is deafening and I cannot control the volume via the Windows volume controls, except if I mute it. I have done some research and found many forum posts asking about this and every reply is that ASIO4All bypasses the Windows sound driver and you cannot change the volume through Windows.

Normally I would have let it there and accepted my fate, but in over ten years of using FLStudio with ASIOI4All on all versions of Windows since XP on different PCs I have always been able to control the volume through Windows while using ASIO4All until this weekend when I installed FLStudio on a new laptop. The only difference is that the laptop has a B&O audio "enhancement" but everything still works through the Windows driver.

The only solution everyone gives is to lower the master volume in the DAW but this doesn't solve my problem especially if I work on different systems. Do any of you have any advice or have experienced this and knows about a fix for this?

Advertisements

------------------
Just started a new movement. I call it Xenon-phobia...
Xenon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110450
Thanked 2,183 Times in 1,416 Posts
Re: How do I control volume with Windows sound driver while using Asio4All v2?

Might be time to consider the purchase of an audio interface and ditch asio4all forever. Lowering the master volume seems a good solution for now though!

Advertisements

Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote