I miss the old KMFDM - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 22-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #21
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123
Re: I miss the old KMFDM

Kill Mom For Drug Money!

Come on man that project has been dead for years.. and they released plenty of music at that. Move on, I know it's hard letting go.. :\

Advertisements

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 AM   #22
Zentropy
Radial Developer
Zentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MCZentropy is a savage MC
Sometimes Theres Elephants
MC Status: 693942

The only album of theirs I really listened to was Nihil. I heard the track WWIII but not the whole album. Though a friend of mine knows someone who does work for them and sent me a new track they're working on, it didn't really compare to the stuff on Nihil in my opinion though.
Zentropy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #23
carlgrace
carlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MC
San Francisco
MC Status: 14069

Nihil was an amazing album... wore out the first tape I had and so I needed to buy it again. I saw them on that tour and they played the album in its entirety... and Raymond Watts drank over half a bottle of vodka. Great performance.

I saw them again a couple of years ago and it just wasn't the same. That fire seemed to be gone.

------------------
Retro 80s synthpop. Time Marches On.

http://pacificdeep.bandcamp.com
carlgrace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #24
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

Ive noticed that KMFDM goes through some mediocre stages, where they will come out with some decent stuff (personally I dont think that there is a bad KMFDM album) but then they will come out with something fucking great. Like Skold Vs. KMFDM. It was amazing in terms of production and lyrical aptitude.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
TooDarkClark
Minor Glitch
TooDarkClark will become famous soon enough
Chicago
MC Status: 60

Wow, I registered for this forum, then a KMFDM song popped up on my iPod right as I saw this thread.

Coincidence?

Probably.
TooDarkClark is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #26
S1X
Minor Glitch
S1X is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

imo, kmfdm stopped producing good muzik after Adios. I saw them live in 1997 for Symbols with a mostly original lineup, still one of the best concerts I've seen to date.
S1X is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #27
aizoyurei
Granular Poster
aizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really nice
Osaka
MC Status: 410

My friend gave me a copy of Nihil when I was in high school. I have very fond memories of putting that album on repeat loop and playing Donkey Kong country.

sorry not a crazy story, just DK and KMFDM..... that's living in the country for ya..

but I hear ya, the original line up was the best. I loved Watts' voice too.
aizoyurei is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #28
Angels of Debauchery
Soundwave Mangler
Angels of Debauchery is currently spamming hard
Austin

My friend and I use to blare KMFDM's music all day while playing the original Gears of War... awwww the memories
Angels of Debauchery is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #29
LavLab
Minor Glitch
LavLab has a spectacular aura aboutLavLab has a spectacular aura about
Boston, MA
MC Status: 160

Give me "Opium 1984"....
LavLab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #30
S1X
Minor Glitch

Opium was a good album
Old 19-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #31
Aphexbeats
Digital Surfer
Aphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 3110

I like all KMFDM to be honest... I haven't heard Kunst yet, but I have liked every single album that they have had. Their oldest album What do you know Deutschland? is awesome, but industrial music has changed. I wish that they would use a bit more synths in their new stuff also.

Last edited by Aphexbeats; 19-04-2013 at 11:41 PM..
Aphexbeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #32
S1X
Minor Glitch

it's called "what do you know deutschland" and the oldest album is called "opium".
Old 19-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #33
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1X View Post
imo, kmfdm stopped producing good (music?)
Care to elaborate?

Last edited by PROton42; 19-04-2013 at 01:48 PM..

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #34
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts

Kmfidm

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #35
S1X
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
Care to elaborate?
"imo, kmfdm stopped producing good muzik after Adios."

Sure, after Adios, the the original band split and KMFDM turned into a rock band, which I have no interest in. I own every album from the Opium to Adios. The band as a whole is what made KMFDM great, not just Sascha Konietzko on his own.
Old 19-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #36
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC

Okay, I see what you're getting at now and thanks for clearing that up, but it doesn't really make the music bad now does it, it's just different music. X3 I thought maybe you believed that the laws of music were somehow neglected because most of the band had left? Like it all of a sudden became not music.

------------------
Old 19-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #37
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antreg View Post
I like all there work.I don't follow the "old school"cliche'
The world needs more listeners like you.

------------------
Old 19-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
S1X
Minor Glitch

like I said, 'in my opinion' the music is now shit. you can't replace accomplished musicians like the original line up with the shitty guitarists from PIG (Raymond Watts band) and expect the same quality of music. the new albums don't even compare nor does it even sound like the same band as the old albums. I was a long time fan ( and musician ) so I found this pretty disappointing.
Old 19-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #39
PROton42
IDMf Artist

No I hear ya. There have definitely been groups that have changed over the years, members have gone, gone solo, disbanded, reformed under different names, whatever. I understand it's not the same band but it would be ridiculous for me to say "music is shit" because that's petty as fuck. Just because I don't like something doesn't make it "bad music" or not music. I will argue your opinion yeah but you're totally entitled to it. I just don't think art is so black and white, and usually it comes down to people only saying "bad music" when they don't personally like it, in their opinion. Just some food for thought.

------------------
Old 19-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #40
S1X
Minor Glitch

well, thats why it's called an 'opinion' i can think it's shit all my want, and it has nothing to do with being petty. and whats 'ridiculous' is arguing an opinion.

Advertisements