[Ambient Bass Music] Kotu - Wear
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 24-03-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter
rmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
[Ambient Bass Music] Kotu - Wear

Hi this is the preview of my new tune any feedback would be appreciated (but not too specific pls as it is a work in progress)

Last edited by A.M; 24-03-2018 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Fixed title

Advertisements

------------------
:bye:
rmedhurst is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient Bass Music] Kotu - Wear.
Old 25-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter
rmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of lightrmedhurst is a glorious beacon of light
Re: [Ambient Bass Music] Kotu - Wear

I have decided to only make shit stuff

------------------
Old 25-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #3
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510

Then you got to remove your track from soundcloud cuz this aint shit
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 195810
Thanked 3,916 Times in 2,916 Posts

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is right..not shit at all..it's a WIP and that usually means it implies it need more work..so nobody..not even you know how this is going to exactly turn out.

You have the makings of a really solid intro or base for a good ambient track right there..where you take it or how it develops from here is obviously totally up to you. That said, if this were mine, I'd think about lowering the gain/volume of that Glockenspiel /Chime thing you have up front a little..just ever so slightly..as it seems to block out the other little elements / sweeteners you have there in the mix and takes from them a little, which is a shame, as they obvious add interest for the listener.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 10:31 PM   #5
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter

Thanks guys

------------------
Old 02-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #6
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a jewel in the roughbeigeboxgone is a jewel in the roughbeigeboxgone is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Good sounds in here that are just lovely actually. Some of which trigger my ASMR. Intentional or not this is art. Adding further elements could actually take away from that ASMR quality for me which does require some space to be good. For that reason alone I believe this should be extended in length, and of course introducing various other experiments and unexpected things.

From a musical and atmospheric perspective this does call for further layers and mixing. I wouldn't add more than 3-4 other elements. I would experiment with these ideas but nothing I say is necessarily anything at all just my opinions.

1. Bass / sub synth(I wouldn't use it in every section of the song, probably)
2. Another melodic synth that has a very soft attack to it, almost plucky.
(Use this to add building melodic content as the track progresses, make a conversation where the melody talks to other elements) (If stuck on this use other songs as inspiration BUT maybe steal a guitars melody for your synth, if it feels too ripped off keep the melody notes but combine it with the rhythm / timing of another melody from another song)
3. A lush pad that swells in and out on occasion
4. An extremely distant ambience. I mean super quiet. Just barely loud enough to feel it rather than hear it. Make sure it has a lot of stereo width as well. It can be any sound really even a recording of the room you're in. The sound of rain outside the window. Just barely hearing it to add that dimension of I'm in this place wherever or whatever you want that to be. Could even be noise, synths, effects on super quiet.

For the pad it should in my opinion not be layers that stretch throughout but rather have swells of interest on occasion in a building manner. Maintaining this minimalism in the process to continue the eargasms.
What I would do is have swells of pads that start creeping in and out almost fully while gently adding other layers. While doing that I would have change up sections. Play around with the idea of having a verse / chorus / verse/ chorus type thing. It doesn't have to make sense.

Random Ideas all inspired by your track. I'm not sure if that helps or anything. So far I love the track, even if that is just it and you move on to the next. This is art. Keep being awesome and keep looking at things differently.

Last edited by beigeboxgone; 02-04-2018 at 11:06 AM..
beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #7
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a jewel in the roughbeigeboxgone is a jewel in the roughbeigeboxgone is a jewel in the rough

Old 02-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter

That's really kind beigeboxgone, thanks

I actually completed the track (quickly) a few days ago. Your suggestions, although they may be quite good or expert, are probably beyond my ability lol, seeing as I have no musical training. Although i agree now that there is not much more I (me specifically) can do with it... anyway, the new version is at my page [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(near the bottom) - if you wanna check it out. Once again thanks!

------------------
Old 02-04-2018, 09:42 PM   #9
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch

Great work, I like how it turned out. Especially the length. Also cool site. I need to put up a site at some point soon.

Also that imager program looks interesting. I may have to give that a spin for shows if I can figure out how to implement video among the other hurdles.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:04 AM   #10
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beigeboxgone View Post
Great work, I like how it turned out. Especially the length. Also cool site. I need to put up a site at some point soon.

Also that imager program looks interesting. I may have to give that a spin for shows if I can figure out how to implement video among the other hurdles.
Thanks dude!

The Imager program does not handle video itself, it can only be used on its own currently, but you could swap between it and videos if you wanted.

There is a decent demo of it working on my youtube here (2 instance of the program running at once which seems to work .....
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Let me know if you do get it working or you can't etc! Ok cheers dude

Advertisements

------------------