[#slimepunk] tvmcc - Untitled (w.i.p.)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 19-03-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504
[#slimepunk] tvmcc - RfH (Original Mix)

Little bit confused as to what to add to fill out dynamic stereo space, and just looking for any advice! The bass will have to be recreated as aI got a few plosives going on, but I had so much fun playing it, then processing late night!

Anywho, love to hear some thoughts good, bad, and ugly!

Cheers!

Original Composition Preview

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Edits/Mix
UPDATE

Final Mix

Last edited by tvmcc; 12-04-2018 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Updates

Advertisements

tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [#slimepunk] tvmcc - Untitled (w.i.p.).
Old 20-03-2018, 08:07 PM   #2
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310
Re: [#slimepunk] tvmcc - Untitled (w.i.p.)

when the beat drops it pretty cool , like all the different elements going on. good use a better mix down but i really like where it's going!

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
when the beat drops it pretty cool , like all the different elements going on. good use a better mix down but i really like where it's going!
Thanks strangerflesh! Just working out the arrangement/composition atm, but your totally right this could do with a better mix! lol

Thanks for checking it out, and your input.
Old 25-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 195810
Thanked 3,916 Times in 2,916 Posts

I agree with strangerflesh about the mix in general, but just keep an eye on the gain staging up to the final mixdown, as you have so much going on in this, that some things could start to slide in the mix if you're not careful.

Regarding being a "confused as to what to add to fill out dynamic stereo space"..I'd suggest you don't add anything at all..but rather work with what you already have. Like I said, there's a lot going on in the mix already and more than enough variety to keep interest along the way..I'd just focus on developing more variation in the beat, rhythm and melody from here out.

Also have a play around with stereo wideners on each track in the mix..if you haven't already..and if you have, then go back to that and space things out a little more, but try not to go over more than 150% on any one track or your mix might lose something and start to sound shite when played back on other peoples' systems when it's done.

The base needs a little attention, as you already know yourself, but it's not that bad either..just lacks a little oomph/warmth..but don't overdo it or you smother the rest of the mix and that would be a real shame.

Best of luck with it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 05:23 AM   #5
tvmcc
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I agree with strangerflesh about the mix in general, but just keep an eye on the gain staging up to the final mixdown, as you have so much going on in this, that some things could start to slide in the mix if you're not careful.

Regarding being a "confused as to what to add to fill out dynamic stereo space"..I'd suggest you don't add anything at all..but rather work with what you already have. Like I said, there's a lot going on in the mix already and more than enough variety to keep interest along the way..I'd just focus on developing more variation in the beat, rhythm and melody from here out.

Also have a play around with stereo wideners on each track in the mix..if you haven't already..and if you have, then go back to that and space things out a little more, but try not to go over more than 150% on any one track or your mix might lose something and start to sound shite when played back on other peoples' systems when it's done.

The base needs a little attention, as you already know yourself, but it's not that bad either..just lacks a little oomph/warmth..but don't overdo it or you smother the rest of the mix and that would be a real shame.

Best of luck with it.
Solid!!

Stellar advice, and as soon as I get to the editing, i'll reread your input as well! As always greatly appreciate your ear, feedback, and checking out met weird creations!

Old 27-03-2018, 06:18 PM   #6
tvmcc
Soundscaper

Thanks so much lads! Will work on this mix further, but here's we we are for now! Big Ups!
Old 27-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #7
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

That updated version really kicks ass..I love it. The first version was good..and still is, in its own way, but this updated version works so much better for me personally. I like the over-all mellow vibe you get from it and it seems more like a complete track for some, when compared to the original version..the fuller ending perhaps?

Anyway..great job..cool track..well done and sincere thanks for sharing. Notice given that serious ripping is about to ensue.

------------------
Old 27-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #8
tvmcc
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
That updated version really kicks ass..I love it. The first version was good..and still is, in its own way, but this updated version works so much better for me personally. I like the over-all mellow vibe you get from it and it seems more like a complete track for some, when compared to the original version..the fuller ending perhaps?

Anyway..great job..cool track..well done and sincere thanks for sharing. Notice given that serious ripping is about to ensue.
A.M. Thanks to you, and stranger for taking the time out to give input!

By ripping, do you mean to say ripping a copy of the tune? I'll master it once the other tunes are finished, and gladly direct to a downloadable link.

Ever grateful for support
Old 27-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #9
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmcc View Post
A.M. Thanks to you, and stranger for taking the time out to give input!

By ripping, do you mean to say ripping a copy of the tune? I'll master it once the other tunes are finished, and gladly direct to a downloadable link.

Ever grateful for support
Cool..please do PM me a link to it when it's done. Much thanks!

------------------
Old 12-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #10
tvmcc
Soundscaper

Just bumping this as I have completed the final mix!

The mastering is not final, just for purposes of sharing.

Enjoy!

Advertisements