[idm/bass music] NOWFEEL-Tebenasu WIP
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 19-01-2018, 11:14 PM   #1
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310
[idm/bass music] NOWFEEL-Tebenasu WIP

Hey all....looking for feedback on the chune , don't have my usual friend who I bounce ideas off of. Wondering how the composition is sitting...does it flow, is it too busy etc. any help is very much appreciated

any who .... here's a private SC link

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [idm/bass music] NOWFEEL-Tebenasu WIP.
Old 20-01-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
Flexagon
Minor Glitch
Flexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to beholdFlexagon is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 910
Re: [idm/bass music] NOWFEEL-Tebenasu WIP

I think this is great!

Drop me a line when it's complete, out, released or whatever you end up doing with it. Would play this in one of my chilled DJ sets for sure.
Flexagon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
Inna Selez
Radial Developer
Inna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Great tune. It would be cool pop song with lyrics. And awesome sleepy frog btw.
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #4
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Sounds great on my headphones I would say it is finished. On the one hand, it is oldschool and reminds me really good electronic from '00s, on the other - it sounds fresh and is well produced. Really pleasant listen.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 03:48 AM   #5
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg

Thanks for listens and the feedback idm peeps I updated the song. minor changes to the first drop, tried to increase tension in the break down/build up to the climax, and brightened up the climax and outro

Here's the Private link to the updated version- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

thanks people!

------------------
Old 05-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #6
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

The contrast of that warm bass against the vocal samples sounds so interesting. I can't say I've heard many tracks like this before.
The transitions are all on point. The song goes where my mind wants it to. Not too unexpected ever, but I wouldn't want it to be.

The drop out / open space bridge is really atmospheric. I love the vocal processing.

The drum fill is sweet too. If you were at all on the fence about it, keep it

I don't have much to criticize here. I try and point out some negatives in every track, but this sounds really good to me, especially in terms of raw composition. You could probably polish some of the sounds a bit, but that's all up to you.

Great work, excited to hear what you come out with next.
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #7
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatISe View Post
The contrast of that warm bass against the vocal samples sounds so interesting. I can't say I've heard many tracks like this before.
The transitions are all on point. The song goes where my mind wants it to. Not too unexpected ever, but I wouldn't want it to be.

The drop out / open space bridge is really atmospheric. I love the vocal processing.

The drum fill is sweet too. If you were at all on the fence about it, keep it

I don't have much to criticize here. I try and point out some negatives in every track, but this sounds really good to me, especially in terms of raw composition. You could probably polish some of the sounds a bit, but that's all up to you.

Great work, excited to hear what you come out with next.
Thanks for all the kind words Im glad you enjoyed the track! I haven,t mixed or mastered it yet, but it will be on my new album which ill post here when its done

------------------
Old 06-02-2018, 11:26 PM   #8
Brokarucci
Minor Glitch
Brokarucci is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I think its nice. You could create an atmosphere - that's very important in IDM. And in any music in general.
Brokarucci is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:23 AM   #9
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 10610

Listened to the first version which I thought was absolutely GREAT. Now listening to the second. I think you are striking the perfect balance between sparse and full. Also there is great melody throughout and passages that flow through the percussive, the harmony, and the melody. I have zero complaints.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
Listened to the first version which I thought was absolutely GREAT. Now listening to the second. I think you are striking the perfect balance between sparse and full. Also there is great melody throughout and passages that flow through the percussive, the harmony, and the melody. I have zero complaints.
Thanks for listening and the very nice words. pls enjoy this as a token of my appreciation. Loving what im hearing on your soundcloud

------------------
Old 23-03-2018, 09:18 PM   #11
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Hey all....looking for feedback on the chune , don't have my usual friend who I bounce ideas off of. Wondering how the composition is sitting...does it flow, is it too busy etc. any help is very much appreciated

any who .... here's a private SC link

The flow is rather nice. I do wish for it to get a little darker or heavier at times, but hey that's just my personal listening taste. With that said though, I'd by happy with a mixed down version of this to play off and on in a chill bass set.

The things that my ear could use a little less of/want more of:

Some of your washes. They seem to add the depth between your bridges/transitions, but also are either overdone or maybe just use rest here and there and a few wash outs?

The asian inspired string/pluck melody. Maybe just switch it up more with a few other instruments.

Dying to get a little more distortion or just to hear that vowely bass sound chopped up more in the tune. Just to give a little more tension.

The tune overall has great structure. Evokes a few emotions, and has a wide variety of instruments to cover the stereo field.

Would love to hear a little more edge in either the drums, or the bass. Hopefully allowing the song to gain solid anchors for the transitions.

Hope any pot this babbling makes sense, and doesn't come off as offensive.

Thanks for sharing.
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #12
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
Winnipeg

Thank for the detailed feedback @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Here's the mastered version

------------------
Old 31-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #13
crog
IDMf's latest spammer
crog is currently spamming hard

rally like the song ! especialy the kalimba ingrained within it ! also the off grid wonky first set of arpegiated bleeps, real nice

check out some of my stuff
G.Œ.SOUP?
crog is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #14
beigeboxgone
Regular Freak
beigeboxgone is a jewel in the roughbeigeboxgone is a jewel in the roughbeigeboxgone is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Wow, really digging this. damn. I had a near asmr like experience with one of the voice samples.
beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #15
exulance
IDMf's latest spammer
exulance is currently spamming hard

damn boi, i am really digging the atmospheric vibes here! great sound design and mix as well. how long you been producing?
exulance is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #16
T.I.L.I.D.I.N.
Regular Freak
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is currently spamming hard
Berlin, Germany

Hey strangerflesh ... great tune ... nothing to criticize ... master is also nice ... good work
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #17
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Yaas Bruv, yes! Cleaned up nice! Everyting crisp, big ups!
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #18
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by exulance View Post
damn boi, i am really digging the atmospheric vibes here! great sound design and mix as well. how long you been producing?
Thanks!

Been producing for about 10-12 years...but taking it more seriously the past 3

------------------
Old 09-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #19
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by crog View Post
rally like the song ! especialy the kalimba ingrained within it ! also the off grid wonky first set of arpegiated bleeps, real nice

check out some of my stuff
G.Œ.SOUP?
will do!

Advertisements

------------------