How is this deep synthpop sound made?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
MothSound
Radial Developer
MothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud of
Oxford
MC Status: 1210
How is this deep synthpop sound made?

Really loving this particular sound in Jessy Lanza - 5785021 starting at 0:36.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

If anyone could take a crack at explaining exactly how this was made I would be eternally grateful and give you a massive hug someday.

Advertisements

------------------
He lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived
MothSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
Iyashi Sound
Knob Twiddler
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9360
Re: How is this deep synthpop sound made?

It sounds to me like sampled chords played on an MPC with "note repeat" set to 16th notes. The hi hat "rolls" were made the same way (with faster settings). The synth sounds are probably from a prefab sample bank, but sound like they might originally be from an analogue poly synth.
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not who or where you think I am.
MC Status: 8610
Re: How is this deep synthpop sound made?

I would say a Roland Juno 106, Through an FX pedal. As she always seems to have it on stage with her.
She also mentions that features a lot on that album in this interview.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote