[Broken Dubstep] Chaotix - THE THING
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-04-2017, 05:44 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752850
[Broken Dubstep] Chaotix - THE THING

So I'm working on this track right now, was wondering If I could get some criticism on it and what to fix. It's extremely weird, basically an experimental style.

Last edited by Chaotix; 26-04-2017 at 03:16 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Broken Dubstep] Chaotix - THE THING.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:08 AM   #2
Jinou
Learning The Ropes
Jinou is currently spamming hard
Shreveport
MC Status: 10
Re: [Broken Dubstep] Chaotix - THE THING

I honestly really really like it and don't think there's a whole lot to "fix". The ending seems a bit sudden, as the intro led you in slowly, you'd want it to end about the same way.

If I absolutely had to say something, I'd say have the bassline more consistent after the drop, but I definitely don't dislike how it sounds right now.

Tl;dr: Needs more wubwub, but sounds good the way it is.
Jinou is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 06:28 AM   #3
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinou View Post
I honestly really really like it and don't think there's a whole lot to "fix". The ending seems a bit sudden, as the intro led you in slowly, you'd want it to end about the same way.

If I absolutely had to say something, I'd say have the bassline more consistent after the drop, but I definitely don't dislike how it sounds right now.

Tl;dr: Needs more wubwub, but sounds good the way it is.
What do you mean by more consistent? Like not dropped out as much?

------------------
Old 16-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377567

You're the best producer on here by far. It's funny how you always post with some kind of doubt about how great it usually sounds.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #5
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

great work. I love the edits on the breaks, the bass, pitch work, so glitchy and fresh sounding it's amazing. I love the synths at 1:32. Impending doom at 1:50 =)

I have no criticism,

to say something could start that glitched synth at 0:26 on beat and then glitch it out by automation when you add the other percussive elements at 0:46 to have a somewhat softer transition, but that's just nitpicking :p

Really, lots of skill.
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #6
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
You're the best producer on here by far. It's funny how you always post with some kind of doubt about how great it usually sounds.
Honestly man, i think it's cause I'm kind of tone deaf i think haha. Sometimes stuff will sound on to me while working in the project, then i'll go back to it a few days later and notice a bunch of things i thought sounded on, sound completely off haha.

------------------
Old 21-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2134

Nasty...

Would love to hear a dark string through this, i recon it would really add to the atmosphere.

Top work.

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 12:24 AM   #8
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237756

Bulky tune.. I wished Amon Tobin would have progressed in this direction after his "Out From Out Where" 15 years ago... Cyberstep

Some hazardous strings and chords could take the track to full-length format

Big up, man!

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 02:26 AM   #9
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen View Post
Bulky tune.. I wished Amon Tobin would have progressed in this direction after his "Out From Out Where" 15 years ago... Cyberstep

Some hazardous strings and chords could take the track to full-length format

Big up, man!

The tracks changed a lot since then haha, this is the new iteration of it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 24-04-2017, 11:40 AM   #10
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237756
Icon6 Re: [Broken Dubstep] Chaotix - THE THING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
The tracks changed a lot since then haha, this is the new iteration of it.
Fabulous blend of classic breakbeat and dubstep with those jagged soundscapes

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 09:41 PM   #11
Goski
Regular Freak
Goski is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Excellent! Sad for the quick finish and usually really dislike dubsteb.

Advertisements

Goski is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote