[Trailer Music/Epic Orchestral] Sounds of Asgard - Ride by Night
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-04-2017, 01:43 AM   #1
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 10960
[Trailer Music/Epic Orchestral] Sounds of Asgard - Ride by Night

Hey all! Haven't posted anything in a while, but ever since I got into Berklee, I have been on an absolute rampage writing music left and right, and this is the first piece I have completely finished, with a shitload more comin your way! Hope you enjoy some crazy epic music

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Trailer Music/Epic Orchestral] Sounds of Asgard - Ride by Night.
Old 18-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #2
DeadCat
Minor Glitch
DeadCat is just really niceDeadCat is just really niceDeadCat is just really niceDeadCat is just really nice
South
MC Status: 360
Re: [Trailer Music/Epic Orchestral] Sounds of Asgard - Ride by Night

Congratz on getting into school. =)

About your music.

yeah it's epic... lot of emotions and different kind of humanoids in battle gear. Wind blows and white horses who never dump stand before sunset.

I liked the part in the beginning when you used some synth sound wobbling very fast. Also the use of electric guitar and rather rockband drums add a really good flavor here. Make it even like folk metal in some parts.

Composition could therefore include also some more distinguishable parts like that first part without drums and second with the drums for example.

why not use some more effects on vocals aswell.
DeadCat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 10960
Re: [Trailer Music/Epic Orchestral] Sounds of Asgard - Ride by Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadCat View Post
Congratz on getting into school. =)

About your music.

yeah it's epic... lot of emotions and different kind of humanoids in battle gear. Wind blows and white horses who never dump stand before sunset.

I liked the part in the beginning when you used some synth sound wobbling very fast. Also the use of electric guitar and rather rockband drums add a really good flavor here. Make it even like folk metal in some parts.

Composition could therefore include also some more distinguishable parts like that first part without drums and second with the drums for example.

why not use some more effects on vocals aswell.
Thanks so much! Im a metalhead first and foremost so im glad you appreciate my use of drums and guitar, definitely love adding that flavor to my music haha

What do you mean by effects on vocals if i might ask? do you mean like making use of more vocals, such as the ever so common arabian/middle eastern female belts that are used in a lot of epic music nowadays? I considered adding some in, but sadly I wrote this in the key of G, and the one library I have for a middle eastern female vocalist has phrases recorded in D, so when transposing up that much it just sounded like a chipmunk and it was not pleasant haha, and sadly the technology for playable solo voice libraries just isnt good enough yet where I could have performed a convincing battle cry-esque phrase. The playable legato patches are mainly good for either really beautiful melodic patches, or for use as layers.

Thanks for listening!!

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote