[Dubstep] Kyrpto - Seek and Destroy
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really nice
MC Status: 360
[Complextro] Kyrpto - Seek and Destroy

My first attempt at Dubstep. Let me know how it turned out. (Okay I guess it's technically not Dubstep but close enough).

Edit: Added revised version

Revised:

Original:

Last edited by Kyrpto; 09-05-2017 at 05:07 AM..

Advertisements

Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kyrpto
Vault O))) (15-04-2017)
Rate this track - [Dubstep] Kyrpto - Seek and Destroy.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174
Re: [Dubstep] Kyrpto - Seek and Destroy

The content is good and the production sounds solid but I will say that you're not following the usual dubstep formula (which of course isn't a requirement). Dubstep usually relies heavily on a melody that builds into a big drop and then hits you with the wobbles. Again not a requirement but that's usually how it flows to maximize variety. This follows more of a deephouse formula.

Again I want emphasize there's nothing wrong with that and overall the production is really good. Rocked the wobbles and synth changes, especially for someone who has never tried dubstep before (better than what I can do).

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Public Enema #2
MC Status: 31460

The looping is just a bit too repetitive for my taste (especially during the intro segment!) but for an original sound, this scores pretty high. Most of the elements sound equally loud next to eachother, which doesn't allow for a whole lot of depth, but the programming / splicing is still awesome.

I would suggest going even further (this time or next time) and cut up that main glitch 'riff' even further, with more splicing as the song progresses. Even a few stutters / beat repeats here or there could break up the monotony of it. The best cuts would probably serve well later in the song, to crank up the intensity even more.

Parts like 2:31 could potentially happen more often as well, considering how much breathier / more dynamic it makes the track appear when the loud drums drop out. Groovy stuff.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 04:26 AM   #4
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
The looping is just a bit too repetitive for my taste (especially during the intro segment!) but for an original sound, this scores pretty high. Most of the elements sound equally loud next to eachother, which doesn't allow for a whole lot of depth, but the programming / splicing is still awesome.

I would suggest going even further (this time or next time) and cut up that main glitch 'riff' even further, with more splicing as the song progresses. Even a few stutters / beat repeats here or there could break up the monotony of it. The best cuts would probably serve well later in the song, to crank up the intensity even more.

Parts like 2:31 could potentially happen more often as well, considering how much breathier / more dynamic it makes the track appear when the loud drums drop out. Groovy stuff.
Okay I made some changes based on your suggestions. Let me know what you think.

------------------
Old 24-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
Alert
Soundscaper
Alert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond repute
Oblivion Fringe
MC Status: 4271

digging the breakbeat feel

------------------
Alert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 06:42 PM   #6
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alert View Post
digging the breakbeat feel
Yeah I love breakbeat style drumming. I incorporate it into a lot of my songs.

------------------
Old 25-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #7
Wasteface
Minor Glitch
Wasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really nice
Brizzle!
MC Status: 410

I really like this, it almost feels like a modern take on the old British dubstep formula (before it got to be all about the super heavy drops). The glitch sounds really complement the rest of the track. I agree with Vault O however, more stutter/beat repeat! I'm a sucker for that.
Wasteface is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #8
ziino
Regular Freak
ziino is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

great stuff, really like it!
ziino is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #9
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6610

I think @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
made some good comments and suggestions so I just wanted to chime in and say:

Very punchy and energetic. Lots of cool stuff going on here.

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #10
Garruden
IDMf Supporter
Garruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of light
San Jose, California
MC Status: 460

The sound design is top notch. I will say though that after a while it loses a bit of it's punch due to it being fairly repetitive. This would be a really sick transition piece from one song to another if you cut it in half. Which I am sure is the LAST thing you'd want to hear, but just my $0.02

------------------
Garruden is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #11
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

nice sound. I like the work on the synths. I'm not sure whether this is dubstep, to me it reminds me of the electro from a few years back like boys noize and the stuff at 2:35 even reminds me of daft punk
I also like the breakbeat drums, gives it lots of power. I can imagine people rocking to this when played live at a huge concert
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:12 AM   #12
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nanonoise_ View Post
nice sound. I like the work on the synths. I'm not sure whether this is dubstep, to me it reminds me of the electro from a few years back like boys noize and the stuff at 2:35 even reminds me of daft punk
I also like the breakbeat drums, gives it lots of power. I can imagine people rocking to this when played live at a huge concert
Thanks! It's technically Complextro and not Dubstep but the concept is similar.

------------------
Old 08-05-2017, 05:14 AM   #13
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Made some changes and shortened the song. Hopefully it's now less repetitive and that I didn't make things worse.

Let me know what you think.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:39 AM   #14
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752850

Nice man! I wouldn't say this is Dubstep though, this sounds more breakbeatish to me by a long shot. I think your sub might be a touch to loud, but that's just me being picky haha.

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:09 AM   #15
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
Nice man! I wouldn't say this is Dubstep though, this sounds more breakbeatish to me by a long shot. I think your sub might be a touch to loud, but that's just me being picky haha.
It's Complextro

Advertisements