[IDM] Vomit From Above - Cloudcover
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-04-2017, 02:53 AM   #1
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Public Enema #2
MC Status: 31460
[IDM] Vomit From Above - Cloudcover

Not sure if this is cool or not, but I was trying to write something spontaneous. Any words about the mix / writing are appreciated

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM] Vomit From Above - Cloudcover.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:14 AM   #2
Heiserk
Radial Developer
Heiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: [IDM] Vomit From Above - Cloudcover

Im getting some very nice kawii vibe, im not much of a writer so i can't give you any tips in that area, but ill try everything els!

My first thought would be to add some slightly crushed vocal samples from like old school asian games, just to accent the first beat of the bar every 16 bars or so !

I also feel like the tom is a touch to loud! if you could get the balance right between all your instruments that would make this sound like a pro release!

I literally couldn't improve anon this myself so i don't know where to give feedback to be honest! Lovely track all round!

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBSDANCEme View Post
So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines.
https://soundcloud.com/i-r-i-2/sets/i7thjd2cgd8e

Heiserk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 06:42 AM   #3
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Bergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to behold
Wisconsin
MC Status: 860

I really like the break you have at the 1 min mark, and then the flow back into the main riff. That was really well executed. I am listening with really crap computer speakers but I am picking up a lot of harshness from the high hats and other aux cymbals. Really cool jam tho, maybe having another break like you did at the 1 min mark would help add verity. Overall I really liked it.

Maybe having a soft intro that reflects elements from the break you have at 1 min before kicking off the main riff would give you some foreshadowing. idk or a more simple riff that mirrors the main riff could do it.

------------------
Bergnermd is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 170060
Thanked 3,401 Times in 2,537 Posts

Enjoyed that..not what I was expecting from you at all, V..don't know why, but I thought it was going to be something little more "alternative". That said, there's a really nice vibe from this as has been mentioned already..the kinda thing I could really get into while commuting or out and about.

I think Heiserk's right about the adding of vocal samples to this..it would really help transform it I think, but that might be taking it in a different direction to what you had in mind originally. Personally, if I were going to so that, I'd think about reversing the vocals, just to add to them and so they are part of the track, rather than becoming a focus or main part of it, if you follow my meaning.

As for the harshness Bergnermd mentioned, I'm not hearing that at all on my Audio Technica headphones..nor on my KRK monitors..maybe it something on his end..not sure. Just thought I'd point that out for obvious reasons.

Last point..I think this track, like a lot posted here in the LB, is way too short..make it longer..can't get enough of a good thing.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #5
Novaspire
Analog Lurker
Novaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MC
MC Status: 1418503

Very happy feeling to it. An old school drum n' bass vibe. Perhaps you can bring out some highs in the snare frequencies. Have a great day. Hope you get the results you want on the track.
Novaspire is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 04:27 PM   #6
Stressshot
Minor Glitch
Stressshot will become famous soon enough
Helsinki
MC Status: 60

Sounds good. Could be longer and more variated.
Stressshot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 01:52 AM   #7
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317589

In agreement with A.M I love how wild card VFA can be. I appreciate how your not afraid to experiment with different styles. Keep on keeping on with that progressive noizing.

But yeah, I was braced for the possibility of an immediate burst of noise.

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #8
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 112910
Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,315 Posts

I think I've mentioned this previously, but anyway: you seem to have cool ideas but you just keep under-developing track structure a bit. It's not like tracks are too short but it often feels it starts and ends in a same manner, think something like being a preview or fragment of existing tune. This also can be applied to your agent slimepunk metal stuff where you have cool riffs but it feels it doesn't go towards anticipation and then it all suddenly ends. I know it sucks when you get stuck with one track and don't know how to expand it a bit so best solution is keep making similar stuff and then merge shit together.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 07:45 AM   #9
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Public Enema #2
MC Status: 31460

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
I think I've mentioned this previously, but anyway: you seem to have cool ideas but you just keep under-developing track structure a bit. It's not like tracks are too short but it often feels it starts and ends in a same manner, think something like being a preview or fragment of existing tune. This also can be applied to your agent slimepunk metal stuff where you have cool riffs but it feels it doesn't go towards anticipation and then it all suddenly ends. I know it sucks when you get stuck with one track and don't know how to expand it a bit so best solution is keep making similar stuff and then merge shit together.
That's an incredible idea that I have to open myself up to. I know you've mentioned it in the past, but you're right. I have a mental block about merging ideas because I feel like I'll somehow get the levels all wrong and have it sound like a preexisting track was merged with an unfinished one. Maybe it's because I don't know balls about theory, so I can't categorize what the hell I'm doing.

I'll have to meditate on that (figuratively speaking, meditating sucks). Thanks for the insight

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #10
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Cool intro and percussion. The break is spot on and it flows smoothly back into the main riff. Mixing is great as well. The ending is kind of abrupt though. Is this something you're still working on?

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #11
musicmonster
Learning The Ropes
musicmonster is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Nice; has a cosmic feel for sure!
musicmonster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Vomit From Above - CloudCover
Old 21-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #12
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
That's an incredible idea that I have to open myself up to. I know you've mentioned it in the past, but you're right. I have a mental block about merging ideas because I feel like I'll somehow get the levels all wrong and have it sound like a preexisting track was merged with an unfinished one.
no, dude, you don't literally just merge shit together and call it a day. you have to split up your stages a bit. when you are messing around with structure and throwing shit at the wall like that, treat it as your pre-production/composition stage. you don't really give a shit how stuff sounds, you are just trying to get the flow, the energy/intensity changes, how seamless the parts go into each other. that's the only thing that matters. then once you have a skeleton of the track worked out, then you go and re-record everything proper and spend inordinate amount of time ant-fucking little details and all that fun stuff. so your concern... is not really a concern.
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #13
Goski
Regular Freak
Goski is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I like but the stabby sound gets to me after a while, it comes back so many times. But it was spontaneous! And like someoene else say, happy and a bit like a circus
Goski is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 10:30 PM   #14
ethanede
Radial Developer
ethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really nice
Portland, OR
MC Status: 410

Cool vibe, light and airy, very easy to listen to. Not like other stuff of yours I've listened to, but I like the variety and you do it all well. Thanks for sharing.
ethanede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #15
Vibe Origin
Minor Glitch
Vibe Origin will become famous soon enoughVibe Origin will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Cool melody. The bass is groovy and nicely drives the track. The breakdown is pretty cool either and the later build up as well. Happy music.

Advertisements

Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote