[techno] NaiQvist - wafer
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-11-2017, 01:43 AM   #1
Naiqvist
Soundwave Mangler
Naiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MC
MC Status: 812406
[techno] NaiQvist - wafer

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

please be critical
thx guys

Last edited by A.M; 04-11-2017 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

Naiqvist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: https://soundcloud.com/naiqvist/wafer
Rate this track - [techno] NaiQvist - wafer.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174
Re: [techno] NaiQvist - wafer

You need to crank everything way up. That bongo perc (or whatever that is) shouldn't be the loudest part of your track but it's all I can really make out.

Sorry man, hard to give proper feedback cause I can't hear anything!

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #3
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

You've got a good concept, but mixing needs a fix. I can barely distinguish the background and the main keys sound shallow. Hope you share the update ^^
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:37 AM   #4
ATvrB
Minor Glitch
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10

Cool idea, looking forward to listen to the progress
ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:31 PM   #5
DeadCat
Regular Freak
DeadCat has a spectacular aura aboutDeadCat has a spectacular aura about
South
MC Status: 160

Apart from everything else concerning mixing and whatsoever...

Son, that ain't Techno.

Okay it is really hard to agree on what is techno and what is not. Especially because nowadays and during last years basicly everything with 4x4 kick is labelled as techno.

But you should really consider not calling this track techno. It's first of all much softer and slower... than things that relate to techno IMHO
(I would say softer end and therefore closer to your "techno" could be for example Alan Fitzpatrick - Skeksis or André Winter - Argo). Yours is more like deep house with tech hose relations for example. It's also more melodic flowing and progressive something techno rarely if ever is on such level. Also the synth sounds (bass + atmospheric pads + something like e-piano). Well then again it always depends what do you compare with. I use to hang out with pretty heavy techno heads and your track just seems house compared to what I use to call techno.

But that does not matter, words are just words anyway.

In terms of structure. Maybe try adding a build up + and drop, would make it more powerful. The drop does not have to be a pantydropper (something really heavy) drops could also be soft but epic. Also it would add some variation anticipation and tension to your song, if it would consist more parts which change dynamically. Basically you are doing build up and then the song ends. Just continue with the ending part and make it drop.

In terms of sound... Promising lead sound with arpeggios... nostalgic feel.
Your leads remind me Tin Man (Tin Man - Love And Sex Acid for example), little bit acid but very soft and also arpegiated. You could try make arpegios more living with alterated velocity also.

Why not give a try resampling and throwing in some vocals, pitched down should work in your case pretty well.

Also always use areference track when you are mixing, what it means is that you take a song any song you like soundwise and use it as a role model basically. YOu listen to it and try balancing your tracks accordingly.

Whatever I or anyone else sais. You should not take it too seriously, it's YOUR tune and it will be as YOU want it not as we want it. Remember it. (If I were you I told current me to fuck off and still called the tune techno)

Keep it coming

Advertisements

DeadCat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote