[Electronic] Mylamine- Left Behind
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-09-2017, 06:13 AM   #1
zeiGn
Radial Developer
zeiGn will become famous soon enoughzeiGn will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
[Electronic] Mylamine- Left Behind

New single... Have to say this track is my most favorite track I've made in a while.

Advertisements

------------------
zeiGn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] Mylamine- Left Behind.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
Mario D
Knob Twiddler
Mario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant future
Croatia
MC Status: 1560
Re: [Electronic] Mylamine- Left Behind

Sounds is quite nice. I did felt 2:50 there were to much stuff there. For me this is okay. Mix is quite nice, start of a journey was nice, but I felt like it didn't take me anywhere, I was stationed there where I started if you understand what I mean.
Overall nice

------------------
Mario D is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:48 AM   #3
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Sounds is quite nice. I did felt 2:50 there were to much stuff there. For me this is okay. Mix is quite nice, start of a journey was nice, but I felt like it didn't take me anywhere, I was stationed there where I started if you understand what I mean.
Overall nice
Interesting. Thanks for the listen. To each his own I guess, I personally loved the journey the track took me on, to the point of getting tingly sensations towards the end with everything coming together and the piano and such. Which I do not get all the time from music.

------------------
Old 04-12-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

Mix sounds good although the bass is really quiet. I am listening through Iphone ear buds but they're usually bass heavy and I can't really hear much bass even with them. Maybe trying fattening your bass up?

It could use more of a build up before the 2:00 mark where you have everything going. It kinda just all happens and doesn't really create much tension or anticipation before. Also sounds like you have an errant note that is out of key some where in that part.

Overall I'd say it's a good start. My main suggestions would be to crank up that low end. You can try to give it more of a build up if you'd like but thats up to you. A little more variety in the percussion would also be nice. Your mix outside of the lowend is solid though and the overall song is a pleasant listen. Keep it up.

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #5
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_patm View Post
Mix sounds good although the bass is really quiet. I am listening through Iphone ear buds but they're usually bass heavy and I can't really hear much bass even with them. Maybe trying fattening your bass up?

It could use more of a build up before the 2:00 mark where you have everything going. It kinda just all happens and doesn't really create much tension or anticipation before. Also sounds like you have an errant note that is out of key some where in that part.

Overall I'd say it's a good start. My main suggestions would be to crank up that low end. You can try to give it more of a build up if you'd like but thats up to you. A little more variety in the percussion would also be nice. Your mix outside of the lowend is solid though and the overall song is a pleasant listen. Keep it up.
Thanks for listening. Mixing is always an issue, I do not have great equipment for a mixing. The main headphones I'm using are some cheap sony's that have overpowering bass, so I tend to be all off when it comes to low end. Usually my mids are pretty high to overcompensate. I switched from my good headphones to the shit ones, and honestly I'm getting better results with the shit ones.. weird right.

As far as build ups go. I'm just not real big into big anticipation drops, or EDM build ups, or anything like that, never was. So as far as the crazy amount of time I'll spend on a track, it won't be on that it will be on other things.

Percussion was a bitch in this one. Actually had to trash an entire percussion that I spent days on, just wasn't feeling it. then I spent time with a more basic scheme, but filled in a lot of holes with field recording and things around my house. Natural drum set. Not perfect, but I dig it enough. If I had spent more time on it I probably would've blown my head off at that point.

Errant notes are ok! I'm all about the imperfection, honestly. There's enough people that spend so much time making their music clear and perfect. I want my shit kinda grungy and garage. But still pleasant.

Probably been making music for around 9 years, so.. Yea... "good start" is funny to me, Hehe.

Not trying to be the best or anything, but definitely think I have something to give to a few ears.

------------------
Old 04-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #6
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46079964
Thanked 1,226 Times in 826 Posts

the melodic stuff builds up to something the beat fails to deliver

vary that shit and you have a rocking tune man, neat work

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #7
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab View Post
the melodic stuff builds up to something the beat fails to deliver

vary that shit and you have a rocking tune man, neat work
Thanks for listening! + feedback.

------------------
Old 04-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #8
Vibe Origin
Minor Glitch
Vibe Origin will become famous soon enoughVibe Origin will become famous soon enough

I like the minimalist repetitiveness. It gives a nice texture. Also there are some good variations. The synth that comes in at 1:35 seems a bit out of the story though. I also like the upper octave sounds the give it a sense of height. Maybe the bass is a bit monotonous. I would give it a bit of variation. Very interesting track. Good job.
Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:11 AM   #9
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibe Origin View Post
I like the minimalist repetitiveness. It gives a nice texture. Also there are some good variations. The synth that comes in at 1:35 seems a bit out of the story though. I also like the upper octave sounds the give it a sense of height. Maybe the bass is a bit monotonous. I would give it a bit of variation. Very interesting track. Good job.
Thanks! I usually don't get too fancy with bass, maybe i'll look into that in the future.

------------------
Old 05-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #10
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hey man the mix sounds good overall
I think it could be a good idea for you to use some kind of drums with nice highs frequnecy and not to much lows in it and you can use them from time to time like every 8 or 16 bars to create some kind of breaks with an intersting rhythm
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #11
Khappa MJ
Regular Freak
Khappa MJ is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

nice work man, it sounds good even if for just my opinion you should improve a bit the drum mixing
however its a good song
Khappa MJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:52 PM   #12
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khappa MJ View Post
nice work man, it sounds good even if for just my opinion you should improve a bit the drum mixing
however its a good song
Thanks for the listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMOS View Post
Hey man the mix sounds good overall
I think it could be a good idea for you to use some kind of drums with nice highs frequnecy and not to much lows in it and you can use them from time to time like every 8 or 16 bars to create some kind of breaks with an intersting rhythm
I get your drift for sure. Thanks, for listening.

------------------
Old 05-27-2017, 01:44 AM   #13
Rvrsal
Minor Glitch
Rvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 910

Cool, I actually discovered that track when it first came out a couple of weeks ago. Really cool stuff, I dig the Bonobo vibes!
Rvrsal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #14
DRR
Minor Glitch
DRR is just really niceDRR is just really niceDRR is just really niceDRR is just really nice
Derbyshire
MC Status: 360

Actually I think there's a really great 'minimalist drop' at 2:06. You're right that there's no anticipation, but it works really well. Suits the style of the music.
DRR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #15
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR View Post
Actually I think there's a really great 'minimalist drop' at 2:06. You're right that there's no anticipation, but it works really well. Suits the style of the music.
I appreciate that. I'm not trying to completely shun the idea of drops and build ups and everything. Just not what i focus my attention on. Way more important stuff in song creation IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvrsal View Post
Cool, I actually discovered that track when it first came out a couple of weeks ago. Really cool stuff, I dig the Bonobo vibes!
Bonobo is the man. Yes I remember seeing your name I think on bandcamp! Thanks.

------------------
Old 06-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #16
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237656

Well, the track gives me the feeling that it doesn't really aim for anything but just playing lots of notes per time unit in a good mood
Would be interesting to try this as an album concept.. Maybe it even works surprisingly idiosyncratic, however I fear the aimlessness and redundancy (i.e. the effort of playing tons of notes for a mood which could be expressed with much, much less notes) makes the listener tired soon.

------------------
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:42 PM   #17
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen View Post
Well, the track gives me the feeling that it doesn't really aim for anything but just playing lots of notes per time unit in a good mood
Would be interesting to try this as an album concept.. Maybe it even works surprisingly idiosyncratic, however I fear the aimlessness and redundancy (i.e. the effort of playing tons of notes for a mood which could be expressed with much, much less notes) makes the listener tired soon.
Music is art. I make music for what I am feeling at the time, and what I want to create.

I find your comments to be rather pretentious. What do you want from music other than something to give you certain moods? Or exude certain moods?

I've listened to Artists like Bibio for years, where his album is just guitar loops with effects and tape processing. EG: Hand Cranked, Fi, Vignetting the Compost. But there's emotion, MOOD, and soul to it. Do you think he is useless as well?

------------------
Old 06-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #18
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
Icon1 Re: [Electronic] Mylamine- Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiGn View Post
Music is art.
Dude, we are in a music forum. There are aficionados of the same musical genre who nonetheless have different points of view what's good and what's bad, and why it's good or bad to them. If you are upset about this, don't post in a music forum.

Show me a Bibio tune which I might call aimless (this may be the case), and we can analyze it. I just called a couple of Bibio tunes on youtube to my mind, didn't find one that I'd call aimless. But indeed I remember Bibio tunes which I find shallow, and I can explain why.

"Music is art" I consider a pretentious attitude. There is art and there is crafts, which is not the same.
You can say about a certain track: X percentage of people consider this art, Y percentage consider it being more crafts, and Z percentage deny it an artistic as well as a crafts background.
There is no superior instance awarding per-se "art" verdicts for any sequence of notes.

I also consider it musically pretentious if the amount of melody notes per second is not backed up by an according increase of musical substance. Just a matter of aesthetics, of course.

------------------
Old 06-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #19
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen View Post
Dude, we are in a music forum. There are aficionados of the same musical genre who nonetheless have different points of view what's good and what's bad, and why it's good or bad to them. If you are upset about this, don't post in a music forum.

Show me a Bibio tune which I might call aimless (this may be the case), and we can analyze it. I just called a couple of Bibio tunes on youtube to my mind, didn't find one that I'd call aimless. But indeed I remember Bibio tunes which I find shallow, and I can explain why.

"Music is art" I consider a pretentious attitude. There is art and there is crafts, which is not the same.
You can say about a certain track: X percentage of people consider this art, Y percentage consider it being more crafts, and Z percentage deny it an artistic as well as a crafts background.
There is no superior instance awarding per-se "art" verdicts for any sequence of notes.

I also consider it musically pretentious if the amount of melody notes per second is not backed up by an according increase of musical substance. Just a matter of aesthetics, of course.
Well I'm about 10 years into this. I do not see the beneficial substance in putting down someone's music whether on a forum or anywhere. The majority of your comments are innately negative -- with no room for even possible constructive criticism. Even if you gave the latter, I would not really care. I'm posting here to let people hear my music, maybe give some opinions. I will listen but in the end I will keep creating how I want to.

As far as your last comment about it being musically pretentious for the lack of increase of musical substance. I guess everyone that has liked the track including me is not as musically superior as you are? Will quote a buddy that read your comments (someone who also has made music) "sounds like the type of guy complaining about the hot weather".

Hell if I get quite a few people loving it (including myself) and one person like you, I think i've done a good job.

------------------
Old 06-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #20
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
Icon9 Re: [Electronic] Mylamine- Left Behind

Quote:
Well I'm about 10 years into this. I do not see the beneficial substance in putting down someone's music whether on a forum or anywhere.
Well, I'm more than 20 years into this (you really need numbers for evidence of critical faculty? and I was asked to write reviews for big magazines). I told you that in my opinion this track style may "even work surprisingly idiosyncratic" as an album concept. If you are unable to see goodwill in my feedback, I can't help.

Quote:
As far as your last comment about it being musically pretentious for the lack of increase of musical substance. I guess everyone that has liked the track including me is not as musically superior as you are?
So what you are saying is this: "If someone points at an aspect that he sees as downside, then he sees himself as superior to others who don't see this aspect as downside."

Quote:
Hell if I get quite a few people loving it (including myself) and one person like you, I think i've done a good job.
Sounds as you are not really interested in feedback that may let you reconsider something. Then please don't ask for feedback by posting music in a feedback forum.

Advertisements

------------------